Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gustafsson Bonneville Flat +4.5" Windscreen  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Frank06

• Site Donor
  • Rider
  • Timer and EV Tech - LTA
Gustafsson Bonneville Flat +4.5" Windscreen
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Hi All,

I've been running the OEM windscreen on my '04 but have thought about the longer Gustafsson.  I'd appreciate any experience, thoughts, comments, etc.  I'm hoping to try some handlebar blisters and am wondering if a longer windscreen would help or hinder. I use a stock front fairing with all the openings sealed off (I'm electric); also made a pass with a homemade tail with good results.

Thanks,
Frank
206 mph on street legal electric ' Busa

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
Re: Gustafsson Bonneville Flat +4.5" Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »
Hi Frank: When your helmet is resting against the rear edge of the windscreen aero is improved because there is less turbulence as air goes around the helmet. So if your head is not against the screen with the stocker, the extended will be an improvement. Would love to see your bike tail. The long tails are a proven MPH gain as part of a complete bike fairing because the idea is to keep the air attached as it passes along the body. I realize yours is a street bike but being electric should allow for very smooth sides.  Hope to see it this Summer.    LSL
All motor all the time and a turbo now and then.

Offline Frank06

• Site Donor
  • Rider
  • Timer and EV Tech - LTA
Re: Gustafsson Bonneville Flat +4.5" Windscreen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:14:03 AM »
I have a list of improvements to make (including making sure the vest is adjusted better!).  I did a 15-second coastdown and without the tail it went from 144->74 and with it from 149 -> 92. 

This was with an old 200V pack.  I calculated that with the 400V "record" pack I used, it would be good for +7 mph at the mile.
206 mph on street legal electric ' Busa