Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2013 Turbo Hayabusa Won’t Idle  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Wheels

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
2013 Turbo Hayabusa Won’t Idle
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:19:26 PM »
Ladies and Gents,
     I need a little help!! I have a 2013 Hayabusa that won’t start unless I crack the throttle. Once I get it running, it’ll continue running just fine, as long as I hold the throttle. If I let go of the throttle, the throttle, the bike dies (both warm and cold). I recently bought the bike, because I’ve wanted a turbo bike for some time. When I bought the bike, it ran just fine. But then I had a few issues here and there.
     First, the bike died a few times when I would grab the clutch while approaching intersections. Then, I experienced what seemed like I was hitting rev limiting at approximately 4k to 5k RPMs in 2nd gear. One day, the bike shut off on me while when I was approaching a signal, and wouldn’t restart unless I cracked the throttle. When I got home, and let the bike cool, I cranked it, it idled just fine, and warmed up as usual. The next day, I went to ride again, and the bike wouldn’t start unless I cracked the throttle, which is where I am currently at.
     I thought that maybe I had some bad gas, because I had just fueled before this happened. New fuel didn’t change anything. Then I checked the fuel pressure, which was WAY to high at about 98 PSI. Called the guy I bought it from, and he said he was running 43 PSI. This struck me as odd, because it shouldn’t change after its set. So I cranked it way down to 43. Surprise surprise.... no change.
     This is the fun part, the bike has a stage one turbo kit from RCC Turbo with meth injection. It also has a PC 5 and was tuned professionally at powerhouse motorcycles (up in NY). There are quite a bit of other aftermarket parts, but none that I think come into play here.
     Any ideas folks?

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: 2013 Turbo Hayabusa Won’t Idle
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Where is pressure measured on your setup? Have you eliminated the fuel filter as the source of the problem??
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: 2013 Turbo Hayabusa Won’t Idle
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
Getting pro guru help on other thread, will delete shortly
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen