Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen I rear wheel alignment blocks  (Read 2682 times)

Offline MyToy

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Gen I rear wheel alignment blocks
« on: April 10, 2020, 08:34:37 AM »
I just changed the tire on the rear of my 2005 Busa. I can't tell which way the alignment blocks went on!
I cannot see the marks that the positioning bolts made on them, so am not sure if my wheel is in line with the front by the tick marks.
Pictures of both are attached, and I hope I just have one of them flipped. If that's it, I'll just flip the right one so they are the same. That way I don't have to take the axle off again.
I am off to work, no COVID stopping the post office.
Can someone post a picture of the left and right blocks on their 2005 Busa so I can compare? I promise I will mark them with a stamp and will clean them up

Offline MyToy

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: Gen I rear wheel alignment blocks
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
I got it !!! I remembered that it was at 2 ticks when I changed the chain and sprockets last year.  So I flipped the left one and they match and the chain is good.  Now, I will stamp a small "F" on the front edge of each one so I don't do that again.   :fiddy:

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:21:10 AM »
Good idea!
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:53:45 AM »
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 03:44:33 AM »
the way I do it is if I need the wheel to go real far back as in wearing out a chain, I use the thick side on the adjuster, then when I get the new chain I flip it so the thin side is against adjuster so it goes real far forward, get more adjustment thatta way...  :-)