Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Loring crash...  (Read 18927 times)

Offline brendasue555

• Rider
Re: Loring crash...
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2021, 10:20:48 PM »
Ok you can imagine my surprise after close to 5 years I found an article and this is a direct copy/paste from it.......

Limestone Police Chief Stacey Mahan said Tuesday that he has not been able to interview Carver yet about what might have happened.

“We can’t say with 100 percent certainty, but it looked like a part of the motorcycle touched the ground or came loose,” Mahan said. “She probably knew something was up, or the bike felt different and it was slowing down, so she went to the grassy area, which is where they were supposed to go if there are any issues. Again, we can’t confirm but it seems that something scraped on the ground.”

After inspecting the vehicle, Mahan said he noticed a “fairly decent scrape” on the plastic located on the lower portion of the motorcycle.

“The scrape may have occurred prior to her slowing down,” said Mahan. “I can’t say for sure without talking to her, but it looks that way.”

So this matches exactly what I remember, would this be caused by a gust on a day with hardly any wind at all?   I bout fell out my chair when I read this.   Too bad it’s been so long, I wonder what the scrape looked like and what made them think it happened prior to me slowing down.....  something I have accepted I will never know.   And that sucks.   And why don’t  any of you guys ever include my speeds on any of your lists?  I always thought it is better to be a has been than a never was but it seems like, at least with y’alls lists, I never was.....   

Offline Frank06

• Site Donor
  • Rider
  • Timer and EV Tech - LTA
Loring crash...
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2021, 04:44:37 AM »
Interesting... out of curiosity, where did you find this article?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

206 mph on street legal electric ' Busa

Offline brendasue555

• Rider
Re: Loring crash...
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2021, 12:55:15 PM »
I believe it was in a news paper.  I found it online.