Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dealer Mode Sequence  (Read 3245 times)

Offline NYCTurboBusa

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Dealer Mode Sequence
« on: July 27, 2022, 07:02:37 AM »
Hey guys I bought a 05 Turbo Hayabusa about a year ago and am trying to diagnose why the "check" light is constantly showing. I just wanted to clarify the sequence of getting the bike into dealer mode because no matter what I did it kept saying Check and never gave any type of codes/C00. This is what I was doing:

1. Wire the two tabs together
2. With the Engine switch on the OFF position turn the ignition key to ON and dash should read check
3. Turn the Engine Switch to ON and position and then the Code should come up instead of check

Is this the correct sequence? I have a video as well but taking forever to upload but I'll put it up ASAP. Appreciate any help.

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
Re: Dealer Mode Sequence
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 02:12:20 AM »
Every time the key is switched off the code(s) go away. COO is the default screen in dealer mode-- and shows the TPS adjustment. To read a code--if one appears while riding, in dealer mode, you can turn off the bike with kill switch and read a code--like C-21 etc!
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline NYCTurboBusa

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: Dealer Mode Sequence
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 03:06:59 AM »
hey firemanjim,

Thanks for the help,  I didn't realize the codes only show while riding. I would love to try that but my bike won't start/run and constantly has the CHECK symbol up, even while trying to pull codes in dealer mode.

The reason this happened was I inadvertently left the bike idling too long while I was cleaning up my storage unit. I did have the fan on but it appears that wasn't enough because a bunch of nearly boiling coolant spewed out of the bike, ever since then it has had the CHECK light. The bike ran perfectly before this so I am quite angry at myself for being so careless, hoping to get her back up ASAP.

Attaching some pictures, before flaming me please know that I will take be taking off the red TURBO emblems before my next ride. I purchased the bike with them on :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 03:10:57 AM by NYCTurboBusa »