Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: '02 Busa Dry N2O Kit  (Read 8405 times)

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« on: December 19, 2002, 08:41:00 AM »
For non-fulltilt racing.. which manufacturer are most of you bottle boyz using? I'm interested in getting a dry kit 40 shot or so...

What company and kit do you guys recommmend?
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline NLR-power and control

• Mad Post Whore
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 10:23:00 AM »
nos
we can set you up
909-888-8057

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 11:44:00 PM »
NLR, I thought you guys were almost strictly turbo guys... sorry or else I would've thrown the bus your way...

I just ordered the dry kit from NOS directly.

Thanks though and I'll take note in the future.. what's your web address?

JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

• Mad Post Whore
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »
www.nlrsystems.com

actually we specialize in forced induction..just so happens that turbos are much more popular.
Worked for NOS in the early 90's.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »
well, this is good to know! thanks!

now if you guys were only located on the east coast I would be even happier!    

Let me ask your opinion though. After I set all of this plumbing up... I plan on throwing in alot of extra fuel from say 6000 rpm on up for both 80% and 100% throttle, I'm going to also retard the timing by about (2) degrees (I have to figure out roughly what negative percentage will do this on my yosh ems)

I figure this would be a VERY safe spot to start at while reading my spark plugs.

Does this sound good to you? or would you recomend a different approach?

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 02:55:00 PM »
ok someone pass off on some info and stop hording everything.....

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »
How much does it cost to have a decent NOS set up on a 'busa?

And more importantly, how safe is it since it's fuel injected?  Where does the NOS spray into?

-Wicked
Quote from: 02SE
I nominate "Wickedspeed" (Paul) as the official SH.org mascot.  :D

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 04:09:00 PM »
Commutabusa,
How much did you wind up paying for your whole setup?
Let me know if you need anything else. I am around exit 13 and 7a .

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by WickedSpeed:
How much does it cost to have a decent NOS set up on a 'busa?

And more importantly, how safe is it since it's fuel injected?  Where does the NOS spray into?

-Wicked

Well it all depends on how elaborate you want to get. I sell a control box that controls the fuel , in a PRECISE manner. As opposed to having the nitrous shoot into the airbox and hoping that the sensor you are aiming at (not directly) is richening up the mixture.
The control box is $300 and plugs directly into the throttle position sensor , which allows you to set at what throttle position the nos comes in at, (between 40-100%), No more bracket on the throttle linkage. The box also plugs into the gear position sensor , which allows you to set at what gear the nos starts to spray in. This box also has an output to control a progressive controller and also has an output to control an ignition retard.
This box has controlled a dry shot up to 150 hp. with absolutely NO PROBLEMS.
we also sell all the NOS components you can ever possibly need.

for more info please contact me.

Offline arubabusa

• Rider
    • http://safecomaruba.com
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 10:33:00 AM »
Joe, don't forget your buddy in Aruba. I am still waiting for that package deal! I need it by the 2nd week of January.  

• Mad Post Whore
'02 Busa Dry N2O Kit
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2002, 10:49:00 AM »
nitrous is safe on a fuel injected bike...
I would start witht he smallest supplied jet and add some fuel as you say.Run it on a dyno and make sure evrything is fine. Sounds like a good idea to pull 2 degrees out..it wont hurt your power at all./