Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Air box mod ?  (Read 4893 times)

Offline REVALOT

• Rider
Air box mod ?
« on: December 21, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
Does the Small air box mod lose any hp down low or torque down low, I know you need a PC or yosh box to get rid of flat spot, Any body has a dyno sheet of before/after Small air box mod. Thanks Revalot  

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Air box mod ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »
You lose a little down low. I think the trade off is more than worth it, however. The only way I can see the small box mod being wrong would be if you putted around the majority of the time. The power lost is low enough in the RPM range that most will never miss it. I did the small box mod, but all of the above is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
Thomas

Offline REVALOT

• Rider
Air box mod ?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:57:00 PM »
Thanks.  

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
Air box mod ?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 07:11:00 PM »
I didn't want to loose any bottom end so I was fearing the outcome of the small box mod. I installed Web .378"/.330" cams, 81mm 12.3:1 JE pistons, an O2 sensor & Halmeter AF30, removed the pair valve AND made the small box all at the same time so I can't tell you the difference the small box mod made alone. I'll say this, the engine has never run smoother and with the mods I made, I don't feel any bottom end loss. It's nice knowing the flapper will never stick closed or open slowly because it's gone. Good riddance!