Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Turbo vs big bore Nos  (Read 8769 times)

Offline JohnnyRocket

• Rider
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« on: December 27, 2002, 02:33:00 AM »
Here is the question:  For all around drivability, street racing, dragracing and just fun what is the way to go:

Turbo (Andersson) or something like that

or Big Popa Pimp set up (1507cc set up - bore and stroke + wet nos)

Money is not really a deciding factor...fun, drivality, reliability and the ability to stomp mopst folks is the deciding factor...

The bike already is a 1397 with Yosh cams.  

opinions please...

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 02:45:00 AM »

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Offline Gerald

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
    • http://www.cmdra.com
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 05:59:00 AM »
My opinion, I would think TURBO. If I could afford it, everyone of my goddamn bikes and vehicles would have a turbo. I am trying to put together a turbo system for my '82 Katana dragbike, It will happen.  My Busa will be paid off in 2 years. I am thinking, instead of buying another new bike, hmmmmmm thinking 'bout a DUKE, Would kill for an MV-F4, maybe another Busa, etc., maybe I should just turbo the 'happy-bus'. As far as I know, no one I Canada has done a Turbo charged 'Busa?????????????? Or am I wrong? I know the fastest street-bilke in Canada is a NOS Busa. From Ontario. Hmmmmmmmm..............

Offline 9secondsflat

• Restricted
  • Rider
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 09:51:00 AM »
for all round, no question turbo, runs cool, great mpg mine is 50+ on the highway, no starting problems.....what else needs to be said.

Offline REVALOT

• Rider
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 10:04:00 AM »
JohnonyRocket, How much HP is that1397cc puting out? Also TQ/foot pounds? And do you ever go rideing back roads any? Or curves? That were a turbo will slow you down, And what comp is your is you motor 12:1 or13:1? Any starter trouble? Revalot

Offline Camchain

• Rider
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 10:18:00 AM »
Hands down, turbo. Easy starting and more power than you can use at any given time. At minimal boost settings you have power from the bottom and can eat just about anything in your town.

And you never have to worry about how much is in the bottle.

CC
*Home of the world's first BUSA powered Funny Bike.

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2002, 10:32:00 AM »
Having owned the Big poppa pimp bike and the turbo bike back to back I would have to give the edge to the turbo. It makes more power and runs cooler making it easy to tool around at bike week on and starts easily. The same is not true for the big bore stroker with nitrous.

Now the downside of the turbo is it cant be done in stages. I have the velocity kit and installed it is $7195 all in one shot. Also the turbo power hits differently than the sudden whack of the stroker. The turbo actually makes more power and torque but it does take a half a second to spool up then look out.

Don

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 12:38:00 PM »
Turbo, ab-so-fucking-lute-ly!    

NOS is good 1/4 mile stuff (not that turbo isn't) but turbo's the street pleaser! What could be better than a handful of MONSTER TORQUE down low in the RPM for assaults on the asphalt?  

P.S. And turbo never finds itself wheezing to a halt as it exhausts its nebulizer.  

Offline HOG SLYR

• Post Whore
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2002, 03:21:00 PM »
"Turbo, ab-so-fucking-lute-ly!"

DITTOS

Offline TheFanBlade

• Rider
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2002, 04:40:00 PM »
Slap the Fan On it!!!  

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Turbo vs big bore Nos
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002, 06:12:00 AM »
Turbo's offer a great deal of power at quite a price tag.  I have found most in the $5K to $7K range and thats not including all the motor build-up if you want the big power turbo's.

But, since I'm not a fan of stroking the Busa cranks and love the 1397 kit, I'm taking the NOS Big Bore kit side of things.  We've built many 1397 big bores with cams, valves, some head work, Brock pipes and a 80-100hp NOS kit that do very well at the track and on the street.  I'm not a proponent of stroking the busa crank because of it's short longevity and cost to product a few more ponies.

I would LOVE to have a big turbo, but for the money, I'm going to have to say NOS Big Bore is my choice.  I haven't had a turbo beat me on the street yet.  Not that they couldn't, it's just that the power they deliver can sometimes be a bit uncontrollable for those who are unfamiliar with or inexperienced with handling a power house like that.  Having too much power is also a bad thing if you can't get it to hook up on the street.

My heart say turbo, my wallet says NOS big bore.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile