Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: My Black and Blue 02  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
    • http://lglinc.net
My Black and Blue 02
« on: January 22, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »
  This is my first attempt to post pics of my Black and Blue 02.        

Thanks to SLAYER for the link!

If you cant F--k it, eat it, or put it in  the bank, dont bother me with it.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE!

Offline Slayer

• Post Master
    • http://www.fast1300.com
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 12:49:00 AM »
Nice.    
Is that a Corbin seat? I've heard other people say they take awhile to get use to.

Offline Big E

• Post Whore
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »
SCHA WINGGGGGGGGGGGG damn that is one clean shiney bike. Damn seeing the reflection of the surface on the plastics looks good.

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »
Yep thats a Corbin seat.  Its kind of firm, but they say it breaks in. Its comfy for me. It has the carbon fiber finish.  I'm putting on an undertail, pipe and pwr commander. I'm totally undecided about the pipe.  The guy at Champion Racing said to go w/ a Yosh, if I don't do any engine mods.  Any suggestions?  

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »
Also - I only have about 1700 miles on it, its garage kept and pampered like an fn supermodel!

Offline discreet007

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »
What's that on the rims? Rim tape?
How did you get that thing so shiny? Did you spray some more clear on it? Any special wax?
One's time spent on a Busa doesn't count towards one's alloted time here on earth

Offline Slayer

• Post Master
    • http://www.fast1300.com
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
I wouldn't listen to the guy at the garage about what pipe you should get. You have the best busa authorities on the planet right here at this website.

You might wanna do a search or browse some of the forums because I know there must be at least 10 discussions about exhaust systems here. If you don't find what you're looking for, start your own topic in "General Discussion" or "Modifications".

Also, if I had a dollar for everyone here who said they weren't gonna do any engine mods and then changed their mind, I'd be a rich man.  

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »
the blk/blu 02s are that shiny out of the box, cookie really knows how to shine em up, his bike always look like new, he obviously has more time to shine than he does to ride     naw, he used to be a detailer...

rat

My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
Lookin good,Did you use A tire marker on tires?Mine is down on Billy Busas 02.Black+Blues  

Offline WayneE

• Mad Post Whore
  • Habitual linestepper
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »
Gorgeous!     I'm doing one of the FSD undertails from Allied Barter before the riding season starts, too.  As for pipes, there are several threads in General Discussion right now, check 'em out!

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »
The trick is to never let it get dirty!    

I use Mothers California Gold once every other month and in between I clean it with a detailer spray. I keep it in the garage, cover it and try not to ride in the rain.  Clean bikes ARE FASTER!!!    

I put Stealth Tape on the rims. Its a 3m reflective tape that comes in black/white and colors. Highly visible at night.

As for the pipes, I wanted to put on a set of (HMC?)high mounts, but I was advised that I would lose low end w/out engine mods. I installed a K&N filter, but there are so many options for the pipe, I get a headache!  Without major engine mods, what is the preferred set up for everyday use? I'll check the threads anyway.

Thanks for all the replies.      

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »
Mine looks like tht only better and faster. There is allways someone out  there faster and today Im one of them.
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

Do you run with snowtires?  It must be pretty cold up their.    

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »
My stationary busa is out in the garage (it was last time I looked) and ...ah whats the use I dont rememeber if its fast it might be then again the BMC race, powercommander3r,switachable TRE pipes and what ever else it was might have made it slower but I jsu tcant remember. This is the longest I have ever noit ridden a bike...there have ben a few days where i said Ok fuck this and went out  there but I swear even getting out of the shop was just too much plus all the thing does is spin like insane mental cartoon sillyness. Then its sideways and Oh Oh...then the 35deg hill right by my house is total ice. I remeber a few bikes back I had the VF1000F interceptor and I was going to lay it on a sheet of plywood and drag it up. I finally made it but  the idea did cross my mind. I bow to your ability to ride but come this summer whne the mosquitos are eating me ass ...oh um never mind living here sucks
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline WayneE

• Mad Post Whore
  • Habitual linestepper
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Missle:
The trick is to never let it get dirty!  

I only laid down about 7000 miles on it last year, but I'm shooting for 10000 in '03!    

quote:

I use Mothers California Gold once every other month and in between I clean it with a detailer spray. I keep it in the garage, cover it and try not to ride in the rain.  Clean bikes ARE FASTER!!!    

Well used bikes are faster  

quote:
As for the pipes, I wanted to put on a set of (HMC?)high mounts, but I was advised that I would lose low end w/out engine mods. I installed a K&N filter, but there are so many options for the pipe, I get a headache!  Without major engine mods, what is the preferred set up for everyday use? I'll check the threads anyway.

Do you want a single pipe (lose weight and gain HP) or duals?  Loud or quiet?  I think the Akra pipe is nice, but big money.  The BDE Hindle is very nice and comes with maps and great support from Brock.  Dennis can comment on the HMF stuff, he discounts sells them (and gives us a discount on sh.org).

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
My Black and Blue 02
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
I was originally thinking about about a 4:1:2high-mount, but I was told that was more of s race setup and to get the most out of it, you had to do engine mods.  Now I'm thinking that I should get a 4 to 1 and a Power Commander.  I'd like a better sound and a better look and some more power.

Milageking - So you can't ride for what, 3 monthes out of the year, but you got a lot of twisty roads up there.     We have a 365 day season, but most of the roads are strait and flat, except for on/off ramps. You got any pics of your bike?