Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BUSA00  (Read 10109 times)

Offline Fastford

• Rider
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BUSA00
« on: December 18, 2002, 05:26:00 PM »
I bought a tripple tree clamp from him and he told me it was mint condition.  Well I have never seen so many tolling marks in a crome Clamp.  SO I very politly asked to send it back to him no hard feelings and he told me in a nutshell, " send it back to StreetNTrack and get anonother one or just sell it to someone else its not my problem"
 This is a little note from Busa00

i don't understand why you haven't
tried to re-sell it----that's a normal practice and you already have your wheels/tires out there
for sale so it's obvious that you know how to do it......  as far as helping each other out, a deal is a deal and it had nothing to do with helping anyone out;  i had an item, you wanted it..... i've often wondered if you really wanted the part in the first place because if you did,  you would have looked at other avenues like trying to resell it or have it re-chromed and all your problems would be solved....  since you didn't pay full price, having it re-chromed will bring you to what it costs retail.... it sounds like you're one of those people that buy a suit on friday, wear it to the party on saturday and return it on monday for a refund.....  i don't have an attitude about anything..  i sold you that product in good faith...  you've taken your stance, i am taking mine---

good luck !

Now thats a nice attitude to have just spend more money on it or pawn it off on someone else make it threir problem.

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 05:31:00 PM »
That's F**ked Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

That's just wrong, man,, wrong.........  
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline TheFanBlade

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 06:01:00 PM »
Not cool at all 00Busa!! Sounds like he knew it was'nt mint.      

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 06:20:00 PM »
THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO ANY STORY....

FIRST OFF, THE TRIPLE-TREE IN QUESTION WAS STILL
COMPLETELY WRAPPED IN ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGE---I ONLY PULLED THE BACK CARDBOARD PARTIALLY OFF TO SEE HOW THE TREE MOUNTED TO MY BIKE....  IT'S NOT LIKE I HANDLED IT PERSONALLY OR INSTALLED IT AND DE-INSTALLED IT...  JASON GOT THE PART THE SAME WAY I DID !!!  AS FAR AS THE QUALITY IS CONCERNED, I HAVE TRIPLE PLATED SHOW CHROME ON MY BIKE AND I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING THAT WOULD STOP ME FROM MOUNTING IT ON MY BIKE---THE ONLY REASON WHY I DIDN'T WANT IT IS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO LOWER MY BIKE AN ADDITIONAL 2 INCHES MORE....

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE JUST DIDN'T TRY AND RE-SELL IT AGAIN...  HE EVEN STATED THAT HE SCRUTINIZES OBJECTS FAR MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON---WHICH TOLD ME HE HAD HIS MIND MADE UP LONG BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT.....  I EVEN PUT HIM IN TOUCH WITH THE VENDOR WHO WOULD HAPPILY REPLACE THE ITEM IN QUESTION---HE CHOSE NOT TO DO THAT EITHER....  

HE SEEMS TO BE ONE OF THOSE TYPES THAT CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED.....
ONCE YOU RIDE SUZUKI, EVERYTHING ELSE RIDES LIKE DOO-KEE.....

Offline osman

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
im in the middle of doing a transaction with 00busa and he's a great guy, replies quick to emails and is definitely not out to take advantage of anyone. this is just a misunderstanding, ppl put this on the board and then everyone gets hyped up for no reason. Just work it out guys there is no problem that exists without a solution.
drive it like theres poo on the back seat.

Offline Fastford

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 07:54:00 PM »
Well I see, I must be at fault!!

I have tried to work it out..  The vendor has told me SORRY,  There is noting I can do Its not in the original package and that he didnt sell me the clamp.  I did try to work it out with 00Busa and the person he purchased it from.   I was told I should return it to the person I bought it from.   If it was so easy to resell why doesnt he just reimburse me and I would kindly return it. I would not sell something to anyone on this board that I would not put on my bike.  

Hell I even paid the extra cost to cover FED EX original shipping.  Since then I have purchased a clamp that is GUARANTEED to be flawless.
I tried to work this out but Busa would not take it back. 00Busa kept telling me that it was for me to work out with the company he purchased it from, not for 00busa and I to work out.  

Yes I am very meteculous about what I put on my bike as is everyone else that owns a BUSA.  

OH well I just want t let eveyone know what my experence was with this individual.  Now I have 2 tripple tree clamps. I guess I need to get another BUS.

Offline RED00BUSA

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 08:30:00 PM »
Fastford, This blows, but the word it out. If he can't refund your money, everyone here can see what kind of board member/business man he is. Don't give up you have won the battle. His board name is busa00 not 00BUSA for the record. I sure don't want anyone to think that guy is me.
                         Later
"And One Time At Band Camp"

Offline Fastford

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 08:35:00 PM »
Well I have given up on getting my money back.  Will hang it on the wall in the garage.  I have a new one on order from a different manufacturer.  So I will have the most expensive clamp on the planet!!!  I just need to get the crome stripped off and re finish the clamp myself.

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 08:44:00 PM »
fastford,
drop me an e-mail i may be able to take it off your hands if you want to cut your losses.
let me know e-mail me and I'll reply in the a.m.    
we're all brithers here. One mans junk is another mans treasure.      
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline 00Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 09:19:00 PM »
FastFord, The member in question is Busa00 not 00Busa.
If you are truly as meticulous as you claim, then try to be that way about whose name you are spouting off about.
'00 Busa / '06 1K / '12 HD-SG
BE SAFE - HAVE FUN !

Offline Fastford

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2002, 09:28:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 00busa:
If you are truly as meticulous as you claim, then try to be that way about whose name you are spouting off about.

Sorry for the mistake.!!

Offline NorCalBusa

• Rider
  • I don't page down
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2002, 10:02:00 AM »
Wow.

This is an intereting topic indeed.  To be clear, I don't know either party involved and have only read the same stuff everyone else has above.  My comments are more in general about sales on eBay.

What makes it interesting to me, is there seems to be a standard that is being applied to (what I think is) a private party selling something- that one usually holds for a retailer (retail business)- not one to one sales.

I always figured eBay was by implication, and by practice, a "one off" marketplace; where folks did not expect the same kind of customer service as a retailer would provide.  

Not that it would ever be okay for someone to mislead or withhold information about the item or condition they are selling- just that the bar would be lower in my view.  Fraud is fraud and not acceptable anywhere- AND listers should be absolutely forthcoming about the quality and condition of things they are selling (pictures).  

If something is flawed, a good thing would be to accept it back if the seller decides it's not what he wanted- and the terms of "who pays freight" should be disclosed in the listing (as buyers have no ability to negotiate it).

I suppose if a seller was a "power seller" or had an eBay store (a retail operation in a "reasonable man's" view) then I would expect more "retail like" rules of conduct.  But it's about getting that out of the way and understood BEFORE the sale is concluded.

What if a listing said; "as is, no returns or exchanges"- would you consider buying?  Does a listing need to say that- or is implied?  What do eBay's rules say about it?

The reason we turn to eBay is so we can buy stuff cheaper or used- and the reason stuff gets priced that way is because those customer service things we love about retailers (returns, exchanges, warranty) don't usually happen.

Is a market force raising the bar at eBay?

suzuki4life

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2002, 11:34:00 PM »
How much was the triple clamp? Maybe i'll buy it so the crying stops. The term "mint" on a used item should be understood that it is used. Coming to a board to cry "wolf" is unneeded. I really don't understand his stance on making you resell something you are unhappy with. If its truly not what you agreed to he should refund your money if you can return it in the condition sent. You want new, buy new.

Offline GsxrTony

• Rider
    • http://www.chicagolandlandsprotbikes.com
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2002, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey how much do you want for it? email me a picture of it. tonysemail@attbi.com
-Tony

2000 Busa
1999 Valkyrie interstate

Offline bigd1300

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2002, 09:29:00 PM »
Hey email me a photo of it too. I'm shopping for one of those and could care less about the chrome since I'm gonna powdercoat it anyway. But I gotta agree this situation has gotten a bit ugly.
Pardon Me,  Do you have any Grey Poupon??!

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2002, 08:28:00 AM »
once again, i sold him the clamp still in the formed shrinkwrapper, i only pulled the cardboard backing loose--not off, to see how to install it...

anyone purchasing anything anywhere would call it "mint condition" if it hasn't been touched....

what other term do you use when describing something that hasn't been used....

Also, i put him in touch with the vendor who was happy to exchange it but i was told by the vendor
that FASTFORD did not return it in the original
packaging (i don't understand why) so he would not work with him because the vendor stated that
he can't return anything to the manufacturer without the original packing....

i challenge anyone of you out there considering buying the tree----examine it and you will see that this guy (FastFord) is indeed being a cry-baby over nothing.....

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2002, 08:32:00 AM »
by the way, here is a pic of the tree.....

http://www.streetntrackimport.com/store/images/fs/Chrometopclamp.jpg

and this is a very accurate photo.....

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2002, 06:03:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 00busa:

Pretty easy to see by the thread title he was talking about Busa00.....

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2002, 06:13:00 PM »
I would think that you would be big enough to give his money back if he wasnt happy,  I know I would do it for anyone that bought something from me on this board.  I think of everyone as a friend that I would try to help out not just let them go.  Facts are that you sold it as mint, and sure you thought it was,  but still he wasnt happy,  had I sold it to him, I would have given his money back for it.  Then tried to sell it again.  Just goes to show that some people who sell parts are much better to deal with than others,  you seem to be one that is not very good to deal with.  Busa00 I cant get over the line were you tell fastford to resell it if he isnt happy with it.    

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2002, 07:05:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by busa00:
by the way, here is a pic of the tree.....

http://www.streetntrackimport.com/store/images/fs/Chrometopclamp.jpg

and this is a very accurate photo.....

I like the stock one more!!
Ok Im I just love that top clamp wit h the raised Hayabusa on there....

as for the sale I dont know what the supplier wont refund it I mean its been resold to a private sale. How much wa this item being sold for anyways?
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline snturner

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »
I would have just given him his money back... without shipping cost.

Altough I must say the picture does not show any problems.  
It's just not a heterosexual thing to do to a bike.

Stole that phrase from "Kirk".

Offline SILVERSNYPER

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »
What's up Joe(Atlbusa)?

Hey from the outside Busa00 sounded a little smug and unprofessional in his response. The whole "a deal is a deal, good luck" thing would have me pretty disturbed. I agree with Atl and I'd have just given him his money back and resold it myself, but that's me.
Business means making the customer happy, what if you went to a store and bought it only to not be satisfied? Busa00 I'd say include "all sales are final" from now on so someone knows what they are going to deal with doing business with you. Otherwise you're going to be blacklisted unnecessarily for a misunderstanding.

my .02 cents