Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anyone have any feedback on SPORTCHROME ??  (Read 9530 times)

Offline busa00

• Rider
Anyone have any feedback on SPORTCHROME ??
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »
i recently purchased a counter sprocket cover from SportChrome via Ebay.  when i received the
product, the quality was not up to par. i contacted them, sent it back and was told that
it would take 2 weeks to receive another one..

i'm still waiting....

i was also told that their guarantee is only to
make the product to your satisfaction, not a $$
refund....

anyone else have any interesting dealing ??
ONCE YOU RIDE SUZUKI, EVERYTHING ELSE RIDES LIKE DOO-KEE.....

Offline HighOnBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »
Let the Flamming Begin!    
Sorry BusaOO that U got Burnt. You should have done a search on SportChrome before dealing with them. Numerous members have had the same complaint.
One cannot answer for his Courage, When he has never been in Danger...................

Offline busabully

• Rider
    • http://www.tristateriders.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 07:11:00 AM »
Hey busa00, i had sent quite a few parts to sport and have had no complaints with quality. I have just about everything on my bike chromed from several different people and the quality has been the same. I have a few things from SportCycle there in Philly and they seem to have a pretty good eye for quality aside from high prices, you should check'em out....it's local.
Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and surrounding areas... Tristateriders.com

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »
Seems like this subject just wont die! I guess I am not the only unhappy customer. Sounds like results are up and down with this place. You get some members that are happy and would say anything great about this place and then you get the non paid for advertising from the members who are unhappy and don't like to get jerked around with BS?????????????

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »
Well,

i did receive my counter sprocket cover and Jon from SPORTCHROME did what he said---he made it right....

would i ever deal with him again ? maybe, maybe not....

only because his website does not make his warranty clear... when one reads that a company has a warranty, you automatically think that you have the option to get your money back if you're
not satisfied. thats not the case with SPORTCHROME, they want the opportunity to make the situation right first.  When i first received
their product and was unhappy, i was notified via
email and later phone conversations that they do
not give refunds, period....  that policy is fine
and i can accept that, but make that clear in the first place----

Offline slamminbusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 08:53:00 PM »
I'm not so sure all this talk about SPortchrome is warranted? It sounds like they are putting out tons and tons of chrome for customers. I would suppose over time certain people would have issues. If he is willing to make it right and get it back to you in a reasonable time, then he is doing Ok. I am planning on doing a bunch of chrome here in a month or so and plan on going with Sportchrome. I will talk to Jon first so I can hera from him that things will go smoothly. I will let you guys know afterwards on how it went.
9.22 at 156.5.... 2001 Black/Silver BDE Gen3, Drop in Yosh's, Large Box Mod, Air shifter, Stock length..Spray?

2005 GSXR 1000..Black/Yellow..Spencer Links..Devil High Pipe...9.96 at 141.5........SHITTY CLUTCH!!!

PLENTY OF BLING, BABY!.............

Offline turbotoys

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 11:17:00 PM »
i am also thinking about useing him but when i keep hearing these types off little stuff it makes me wonder im am planing on doing the frame swing arm wheels and so on just dont know what to do.

Offline 1Busa1300cc

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »
Busabully where is sport cycle in Philly? also busa00 what part of Philly are you from? I am from Philly also

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »
SportCycle is located near the Philly Int. Airport....  They also have a so-so reputation with their customer service---It is rumored that the owner of SportCycle is currently living out a 3 year stint in the Big House.....  Something about stolen parts ???  i can speak from experience because i was there one saturday morning 2 years ago when the PA State Police barged in and made everyone FREEZE....  They then went to several of the bikes on the floor, pointed to their clipboards and promptly told the owner he was under arrest.....  THIS IS NOT A RUMOR, I WAS THERE.....  There are even stories about customers wanting a piece of this guy whenever he's at a show or outing.....  Be aware..

I have bought parts from him with no problems....

Offline RHYTHM

• Post Master
    • http://www.indepentconnection.org
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »
I heard that he also owns a junkyard is this true as well?

Offline busa00

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »
i am not privy to that.......there is a junkyard about a mile away but it is listed as A & J Salvage and it's common knowledge that its not his....  thats the only motorcycle junkyard i know of.....

Offline wyncameron

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 07:12:00 PM »
Anyone have their website address.  The Sport Chrome I'm thinking of is in Stanton, Ca.

Offline SILVERSNYPER

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »
The person to give you a horror story is Nick Smith. I inquired about them last Summer and no one I spoke to had anything good to say about them at all. My buddies R1 sat up for 6 weeks waiting for a few chrome pieces to come back. They promised 2 weeks turnaround time and it was 6 1/2 total. Their work is touch and go from what I hear, Nick got back parts that had sanding marks and pits in it.

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »
If anyone really wants feedback email me direct for references. otherwise keep up the good work fellas
Jon

gwizz509

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »
Alright,

Jon Reed is a great person, and buisnessman. I personally have talked to Jon on several occasions and he's been very helpful! I have seen alot of his work and if you know anything about the chroming process then you should know that some pieces aren't gonna come out right at anyones shop. In essence what i'm sayin here is Jon does great looking work but I have seen a few things come back not up to par however I've seen this type of thing come from other places as well! My buddy does some chroming on the side and the quality of the chrome deteriorates (SP) after several batches! One thing I can say for Jon, is that he is one of the largest chrome distributors in the nation and anything that I've ever seen come back screwed up he's always been willing to make right! For Jon to be one of the largest chrome distributors in the us, he must be doing something right! My future chrome work will go to JON!!!!!!!

Offline locobusa

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »
Bought a used busa engine from Jon Reed at Sportchrome. The engine was delivered days earily that I expected. As far as I am concerned he kept his side of the bargain on delivery. Now, as far as the quality of product, I have to give him the benefit as of now. Installing it now, will see.

Offline turbotoys

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
this is really hard for me. i have talked to jhon at sportchrome and nick at custom sportbikeconcepts and both seem to be great guys when you are one off the bigest you are dealing with more people and you will have more work out there so the margin for something to go wrong is higher for the guy who sends out more work.i myself just want the best job done i had not heard anything bad about nick at sportbikeconcepts until now all i heard was how great they were so i thought i whould ask is this the same nick? thanks

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by locobusa:
Bought a used busa engine from Jon Reed at Sportchrome. The engine was delivered days earily that I expected. As far as I am concerned he kept his side of the bargain on delivery. Now, as far as the quality of product, I have to give him the benefit as of now. Installing it now, will see.

just wait James, soon your gonna find the family of mice I put up in that motor of yours  

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by turbotoys:
this is really hard for me. i have talked to jhon at sportchrome and nick at custom sportbikeconcepts and both seem to be great guys when you are one off the bigest you are dealing with more people and you will have more work out there so the margin for something to go wrong is higher for the guy who sends out more work.i myself just want the best job done i had not heard anything bad about nick at sportbikeconcepts until now all i heard was how great they were so i thought i whould ask is this the same nick? thanks

I'm not sure who silversnyper is referring to. Nick at CSC is a good friend and a str8 up business man. he'll getcha whacha need  

gwizz509

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 02:06:00 PM »
Jon,

He is talking about Nick Smith from Orlando Florida! He is a str8 up buisness man and a GREAT GUY!!!!!!!

Offline cbriggs3

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://home.cfl.rr.com/suzukihayabusa/
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 05:59:00 PM »
Gwizz,

Nick at custom sportbikes is not Nick Smith (Gixx1300r).  Nick Smith is a firefighter, Nick at CSC owns a shop in Orlando.

Chris
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth overdoing." Oscar Wilde

gwizz509

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »
So which one are you talking about! I don't know CSC's Nick but I do know Nick Smith(The firefighter)! Hell are they both Nick Smith's? If so i'm sorry!

Offline cbriggs3

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »
Gwizz,

To be honest with you, they both could be Nick Smith!  I don't know Nick at Custom Sportbike Concepts last name.  The Nick they are referring to in the thread is the guy that owns that shop, not Gixx1300r.  Nick doesn't do chrome work himself (I don't think    )

Chris

gwizz509

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »
No, nick smith doesn't do chrome work himself but I didn't know if he used to or what! Nick"the firefighter" HEHEHE is gonna do my head for me soon! I've been talking to him frequently now for about 4 months and he is very very helpful and generous and has helped me out of some binds! If it wasn't for him, I don't know where i'd be! I owe him an awful lot!

Offline RADMAN1

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »
Hey busa00. At least youi received something. It may have been a fishing weight but you got something. Me? still hasn't sent my 1300 bucks back. Bad things happen to people who are dishonest. Jon Reed is a story teller. He'll tell you anything to get the sale.....even if he doesn't have it.  

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »
Your an idiot.

Offline cbriggs3

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jonreed:
Your an idiot.

Offline mike45

• Post Master
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2003, 08:51:00 PM »
Now I know why it was a lateral career move getting out of the bike business and going to work with special needs kids.

Offline RADMAN1

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »
quote:

You're an idiot and a theif

Offline JonReed

• Post Master
  • The better stuff.
    • Sport Chrome
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike45:
Now I know why it was a lateral career move getting out of the bike business and going to work with special needs kids.