Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Buyer's Beware  (Read 3184 times)

Offline paistes5

• Apprentice Post Whore
Buyer's Beware
« on: April 25, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
Thought I'd give everyone on the heads up with Star Cycle.  Went to their website looking for some slip ons.  Found a pair of Micron Carbons for $429.  Unbelievable deal, so I called to order.  What did they say, sorry we aren't selling them for that price.

Basically they were using that to get you to call, then jacking the price.  I told the salesman the price on the site, and he said too bad, we aren't selling them for that.

Just be careful when dealing with them, if at all.  Now I know to NEVER deal with them again.

BTW, here's a pic of their website I took today to show you.

Sunrises don't have much of a finish.

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
Buyer's Beware
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »
I got a Micron (carbon fiber)slip on right from the V.P. of Micron USA himself(they are located in the Chicago area. Since my uncle was sponsored by Micron when he raced the AMA Roadracing circuit for 7-8 years. The guy at Micron said $275, and he told me to pick a color.

They might not be the best performance wise, but the price was unbeatable.
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Buyer's Beware
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »
That's pretty much SOP with Star.

"Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Offline FOR FREEDOM

• Post Master
Buyer's Beware
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
I'd ask Dennis for his opinion if unsure on a purchase. At least if nothing else, he could give positive feedback if he thinks the business is reputable. Ya know?

And don't forget everybody, there is always the attorney general! to make cheaters give you your money back and or do the right thing. Fair business..