Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Extreme Performance Cycle in Dayton, Ohio...  (Read 2441 times)

Offline HRB

• Rider
Extreme Performance Cycle in Dayton, Ohio...
« on: March 25, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
Not my bike, it's a good friends, but the bike is originally from my best friend, and Suzuki Hayabusa.org member, Gerard, who committed suicide a year and a half ago... I bought the bike from his widow, but after seeing it just sit in th garage, I knew he'd want me to have someone to ride with, so I'm taking it a little personally...  Or a lot.

My good friend, John Spencer, won an ebay auction for chrome wheel direct exchange from Extreme Performance Cycle in Dayton, Ohio (937-256-1125).  I don't have all of the information, but from what I do know, he agreed on a price and sent his wheels, exhaust cans, calipers, rotors, hub, and sprocket to Angie, Sid, and Dave on Feb.17th and it was received Feb. 19th.

John received a call after they went through the contents of the box, and made sure everything was present.  John passed along all the info (shipping, phone number, etc on the 19th).  Said it would all be taken care of within a week and a half to two weeks.

John received an email on March 5th from Angie of EPC saying that she had lost the address and they were going to bike week in two days so John would need to wait until the return from Daytona to get the wheels shipped out.

Two weeks have gone by without a phone call.  John called and talked to Sid (a worker who is not employed by EPC (?)) and he wasn't even aware of John's parts.  Asked what John was doing to what parts, John re-confirmed the contents and directions.  To which Sid questioned the directions that were received three weeks prior.  To which Sid became argumentative and said "Dude, your fucking parts will be back Friday."

(Fuck you, Sid, by the way.  Come get some from me.  HRB)

John called back to ask for the owner, Angie.  Sid became very defensive and wouldn't transfer the call.  Finally, Sid said that Angie would be in the following week.

John sent Angie an email a few days later and received a call from Angie on Tuesday (March 9th) and reconfirmed the shipping address (for the third time) and said that the parts would go out that day.  

March 18th, John called back at 9am as per Dave's request, and finally got a hold of the guys at the shop at 1pm.  Gave him the total for additional parts.  John asked for them to fax him the bill and he was told that he was being "unreasonable and just plain difficult".  He did receive a bill at 3pm on the 18th with a total that did not match what was quoted (higher price).  

Credit charged was charged immediately for the wheels (which have now been received).  The rest of the charges (for the additional parts) were charged on March 19th when John received a shipper notice from UPS from Dave, although the parts have not been picked up yet by UPS (according to UPS).

John is a good guy, and not unreasonable.  He doesn't care about anything anymore than getting these parts back on the bike.

Anyone know these guys and might be able to help my buddy get his parts?  

HRB
89 GSXR 750/1216

In memory of Gman