Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New England Ride Rocked!!  (Read 9305 times)

Offline Rocket Man

• Rider
New England Ride Rocked!!
« on: April 28, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »
Had a good ride to Marcus Dairy with Ninga Eater and Discreet007 and his crew. Gixxer dude(forgot his name) went down in a blind sandy corner, but didn't even scratch is bike, well a little. Wouda been nice if Six7kevin and his boys had shown???? But I guess it doesn't matter how much you can bench press, cus with a little rainy mist he could melt(hehe).

We'll have to do it agiain!!!!

P.S. I wish I could skate and wheelie like gixxer dude!!!
Feel the fear, do it anyway

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »
Come by bike week BBQ do some wrenching or somehting. Ive got pressure washer all the tools. Too cold and too far plus Im busy as hell trying t omake a living building and selling sports cars....building thme is fine selling thme is another thing. Next time come north. Peace frozen brothers the warm weather will be here for about 6 weeks ride while you can
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »
rocket man ...and others ....went to the milk place at 7:00 am...sorry i could not get together with the group , but i wanted to get a good seat close to the action, so i could sell my 99 stretched, and lowered , busa....i think people where afraid of the beast, lots of drooling but no takers, people think its hard to tame a beast, but with a little time and balls they can do it, who cares if you walk around with longer arms,after a couple times out with this beast..lol, let me know if you guys are riding soon......p.s. the only reason im selling it is to buy a 2003 or 2004.....once you go busa you never go back...........later    busakid@hotmail.com  

Offline SIX7KEVIN

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:33:00 AM »
                     Sorry guys that I could not make the ride.  Several things prohibited me from going-

1- Bike is not done yet (again!!)
2- Friend who was going to let me use his bike never called me back
3- I was in the doghouse with the wife anyways.

Please post more details.  I wanna know!!  Who went down, was it Gixxer4life- Chance?  Sounds like he's ok.  Any pics?  How was the Farm?
...got chrome?

Offline busarocket99

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »
Hey Rocketman, I arrived there around 8:30 AM and hung around 'til 10:30 or so. I waisted 10 bucks to look inside and walked all of the parking lots to see if I spotted any of you. But on the way back to Meriden on 84 I spotted about 7 Busa's headed west and figured it was you guys.
Glad to hear the gixxer dude was OK.
I was really hope'n to hook up 'cause I had this route all planned out north of Danbury with some nasty  twists & staights but may-be another time. Last year several said they'd hook up again but it never happened 'cause many had other hobbies they wanted to enjoy before the summer ended. But we really should try again while the weather still has a chill in the air. The bikes always run better and only the real riders show up. May-be we can get a group to go through the Devils Hopyard?  

Offline Rocket Man

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »
Hey Kevin, can't remember the guy's name that went down, I'm bad with names. I remember his bike and face tho. Went went up route 7 north to the MA & CT border and up around Limerock Park area. It was a great day for riding, not too much traffic or sand, and plenty of triple digit back road, corner grinding, wheelie stuff, if you know what I mean. Noboday had a camara so there are no pics.

Dave, too bad we missed you. If you have any time during the week to ride, give me call. My weekends are pretty much reserved for the boss(wife). She is very jelous of my '99 black beauty. You know what they say, "once you go black, you don't go back". During the riding season, my girlfriend gets a lot of my time. I wish my wife was more like my bike, loves a beating without any lip  
Feel the fear, do it anyway

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »
rocket man im up for some mid week riding, northwest hills are awsome place to go....does anybody know anyone that might have a stock busa arm for sale cheap, let me know....i will post also.......later  

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 11:35:00 PM »

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline busarocket99

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »
Hey Rocketman & Busakid, I wish I did have time during the week but working in Danbury 14 hours a day during the week sort of saps all my week day time. BUT things are starting to slow down and may-be they'll give us summer hours which means I'll get you around 2:30 and I could meet up sometime after 3 PM.
Lost your # Rochetman so you'll have to email me with it.
I also plan early Sunday morning rides (starting this Sunday) with some of my slower buddies so if any of you'd like to hook up we always meet up at the Sunoco on East Main St. in Meriden accoss from the fire station at 7 AM.    
Yeah, I know that's early but the Sunday drivers and church goers aren't out until around 8:30 so that usually gives us 1.5 hrs to rip it up before having to pass lots of slower objects. And more Busas are definately welcome.

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »
BUSAKID HERE.....LOOKING FOR NEW ENGLAND BUSA RIDERS LOOKING TO HAVE A SATURDAY OR WEDNESDAY NIGHT DRAG STRIP GET TOGETHER, IN THE NEAR FUTURE,I KNOW LEBANON DRAGWAY HAS A WEDS NIGHT THING GOING ON FOR BIKES AND CARS WITH STOCK MUFFLERS OR AFTERMARKET PIPES ON THE BIKES ,JUST NO OPEN HEADER TYPE ....... ITS ONLY HOUR... FORTY.FIVE...MIN BY CAR....HOUR OR LESS BY BUSA  LOL..... IM NOT SURE ON NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO DO A SATURDAY UP THERE...OR WHATEVER.......LET ME HAVE SOME FEEDBACK, PASS THE WORD PLEASE...THAT GOES FOR ANYBIKE..NOT JUST BUSA'S      BRAIN STORM IN ACTION....THANKS GUYS

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
Busakid,

Sounds good to me. Need a week or so to finish up some work stuff. Haven't been to the valley in a couple, do they spray it on street night??

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »
i really dont know if they spray it on wednesday night, i will find out, im putting a new mcr street tire on my bike if i go anyway, also im not sure how people want to go up, do ya want to ride up or trailer it up, i have room on my trailer for one more ,  but i dont care, im sure the busa wont break..........    need more feed back, i will post it on the new england topic also.......busa kid

Offline busakid1

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »
anyone out there feel like going to lebanon valley dragway, i believe i may go this wednesday night for street night drags, anybody....lets go racing, who will go in the 9,s   anyone.......come on guys  i will post info on price, times it starts ect.....busakid  

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »
Busakid,

Still not ready, not enough time for everything lately. Hopefully in another week.

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline discreet007

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »
Hey Guys, long time no talk. I am in Texas training for my new job. Then when I get back I am moving from Boston, Ma to Monroe, CT. I probably wont be able to ride till after June 1st with the exception of Memorial Day.

The guy who went down was my brothers friend Dave. He isn't a member here or a Busa owner. He is a really good rider and misjudged the road and the car pulling onto it. He low sided into a sand bank and barely scratched his bike.

RocketMan and I had a blast with my 2 brother and thier friends. Some nice fast riding.

Who lives near Monroe? Email me at DavReed@excite.com
One's time spent on a Busa doesn't count towards one's alloted time here on earth

Offline MET

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 02:38:00 PM »
Sounds good.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveO:
Busakid,

Sounds good to me. Need a week or so to finish up some work stuff. Haven't been to the valley in a couple, do they spray it on street night??

Dave

Offline MET

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »
i have to say he is a little crazy, but who's not.  he dave is a very good rider, if he was not he would have been hurt bad.  his experience kept him safe.  It was also true not many scratches.  Lots of dirt inside the plastic though.    

maybe by the time you get back the weather will be good again.

quote:
Originally posted by discreet007:
Hey Guys, long time no talk. I am in Texas training for my new job. Then when I get back I am moving from Boston, Ma to Monroe, CT. I probably wont be able to ride till after June 1st with the exception of Memorial Day.

The guy who went down was my brothers friend Dave. He isn't a member here or a Busa owner. He is a really good rider and misjudged the road and the car pulling onto it. He low sided into a sand bank and barely scratched his bike.

RocketMan and I had a blast with my 2 brother and thier friends. Some nice fast riding.

Who lives near Monroe? Email me at DavReed@excite.com

Offline discreet007

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »
I didn't know the weather was bad up there. I was in Aruba and when I got back it was pretty nice until I left. It is 80 and sunny everyday here, but this place is completely flat. No bike anyway. My president said he may have one of his friends loan me a Harley some time this week so we can go for a cruise. I will bring some nice weather back with me.  
One's time spent on a Busa doesn't count towards one's alloted time here on earth

Offline MET

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
You promise...

quote:
Originally posted by discreet007:
I didn't know the weather was bad up there. I was in Aruba and when I got back it was pretty nice until I left. It is 80 and sunny everyday here, but this place is completely flat. No bike anyway. My president said he may have one of his friends loan me a Harley some time this week so we can go for a cruise. I will bring some nice weather back with me.