Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Shoie Helmets  (Read 7033 times)

Offline Spook 1

• Rider
    • http://na
Shoie Helmets
« on: October 31, 2002, 07:49:00 AM »
Guys:   Anybody familiar with the x-sp11 by Shoie?  How does it compare to the rf-900?  Any opinions on the advantages of either?  Would you recommend any other brands and why.  Thanks in advance.

Offline HOG SLYR

• Post Whore
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 08:18:00 AM »
Helmets fit people in different ways, find a good quality helmet (which the Shoei line is exellent)  that fits you well and that you like the looks of. I have an RF 700 & 900 and love em

Offline suebusa

• Rider
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 10:01:00 AM »
I agree with hog slyr, Ihave a rf- 900 good quality and fit IMHO.

Offline Spook 1

• Rider
    • http://na
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
Thanks guys!

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 12:18:00 PM »
We have a sale on shoie right now if anyone is interested.

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »
I'm a Shoei man from way back when.  

I have an RF200(now just a spare for a rider), an RF800 and several RF900's. Shoei's fit my head and ears just right. I've tried various Arai helmets on but they don't cup my ears right. Within a minute or so of wearing them I'm so annoyed with the fit I swear I'll never even try one on in the future but I do anyway because you never know when you'll find one that fits like a glove.

Offline Greg L.

• Rider
    • http://lglinc.net
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »
   I'm thinkin about getting an Arai.  I want a helmut that is quiet.  Over 70, my HJC has alot of wind noise. Has anyone tried both a Shoei and an Arai?  Which is more  quiet?              
If you cant F--k it, eat it, or put it in  the bank, dont bother me with it.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE!

Offline mach1mike

• Post Whore
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »
I have an HJC AC10. I got it because it was the lightest helmet rated by MCN and was rated near the top with the expensive Arai and Shoei models. Any good quality major brand helmet that fits your head the best will be quietest. Arai makes two lines, one for a "round" shaped head, and one for a "elongated" shaped head. (Their descriptions of head shapes). I have had Bell, Shoei and HJC, several models of each, and this AC10 is the best fitting, quietest and lightest yet. MCN said it was as good in construction as the top priced helmets but the graphics were not as good. I checked the Snell and Dot studies on all helmets and the HJC AC 10 had one questionable area about impact, I don't remember just what, but it was not sufficient evidence to deter me, I think it was chin strap. You almost have to pick the one that feels best on your head and then go out on the freeway and see. Cycle Gear let me do that with several helmets.
Mike

Offline sraber

• Rider
Shoie Helmets
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2002, 10:32:00 PM »
The Shoei fits me best and I have owned 4. If you go to the track, make sure you get a snell aproved helmet. I believe all Shoei models have the sticker.