Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Best pipe for a bandit  (Read 6133 times)

Offline sbm-ac3

• Rider
Best pipe for a bandit
« on: April 08, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »
Right now I have stock pistons & valves, GSXR cams, 36 mikuni, ported head & a VH street comp exhuast off of a KZ.  Would like to install a 1255 kit & 30mm intake valves.  I would also like to be able to use my centerstand & easy oil filter access.  Any suggestions?
HA HA

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »
I had a bandit before the busa...I suggest you join bandits@topica.com great bunch of guys they know everything about bandits....

as for the pipe I think the top few pipes are all going to be within a couple hp of each other so go with what you like...the vance and hines is probably the most difficult to tune. Akropovic, Yosh, I think mony are using the hindle now
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline DivineBusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »
Check out Dave Walker's products at Holeshot.com,  He's got lots of bandit goodies

Offline Jay

• Post Master
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
As for the 1255 kit in a Bandit, first of all, it would be a 1277 with the Bandits stroke. However, a 1246 kit is a bore in for the Bandit. A lot cheaper to do for only 31 less cc's.

As for a bandit pipe, I can't comment on what is now commercially available, but John who works on our order desk has a bandit and several years ago, Borla the car pipe maker was going to do bike pipes under the Borla name ( they already do private label bike pipes).

John loaned them his Bandit  to build the pipe. He got a free pipe out of it, then Borla decided not to do their own pipes. This pipe on Johns Bandit, the only Borla Bandit pipe in the world is sooooo nice. Maybe when they found out what it cost to do the kind of quality they do for bikes, that probably figured it wasn't worth it.

Jay

Offline blowerbike

• Post Master
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »
i ran a two brothers system on my bandit
nice fit,quality and lite weight
86 gsxr cams at 100/101 and 38 radial slides, air shifter and 6" over trac arm.
i ran a best of 10.51@129 w/hi 1.5 60's
i'm 235lbs in shorts......
the bike was faster than the #'s i put up

Offline BOOSTED

• Mad Post Whore
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
check with brock davidson he's the first guy that did a 7.. with a shootout bike and it was with a bandit. check it out here brock's
Unless u r the lead dog  the view never changes

Offline blowerbike

• Post Master
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »
brock was running a v&h sidewinder on his bandit  

Offline FastLarry

• Rider
    • http://www.banditsrus.com/fastlarry/
Best pipe for a bandit
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
I run the Brock/Hindle on my Bandit and love it. It looks good, sounds good and runs great. I picked up about 2 or 3 bikes over the full HoleShot sytem that I replaced it with.... FL