TECHNICAL > ALL MOTOR TALK

intake cam /for exhaust

(1/2) > >>

maxspeed:
does anyone know when installing an intake cam on the exhaust side ......do you set the adjustable cam sprocket as you would on an exhaust cam,or do you set the cam sprocket on the intake cam as if it were for the intake side and just install it? if so would'nt the timming marks be off?I would think you would install the cam sprocket on the intake cam as if it were an exhaust cam......correct me if I'm wrong..thanks for any help  

Jay:
They have to go like an exhaust cam. We will soon be putting instrustions in our cam sprockets showing how to do this. We are also carrying new intake cams in stock with the sprocket already installed for use on the exhaust side.

Jay

SPEED KING:
Way to go Jay!!  

Nosgsx1300:
yeah the person who "knew what they were doing" pressed mine on like a intake cam. Sure makes degreeing them a bitch. Now I can put the cam in exactly where I need on the first try

maxspeed:
thanks for the help,I kinda figured out that it would be installed like an exhaust cam.anyone have ideas on how to do the cams at home or should I bring the to a machine shop?and install proceedures and degree specs?I want to get it right the first time........thanks for any help guys.......  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version