Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 3478 times)

Offline bjocar195

• Apprentice Post Whore
What happened?
« on: May 15, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »
I have had my Busa -99 painted, the guy who did the paintjob sanded the tank , a lot of paint dust has probably come into the tank. After filling the tank I went out on a ride, suddenly the bike started jerking and stopped, like running out of gas. Waited a few minutes and where able to continue for a couple of miles, and then it started all over again, and again, and again. Finally I called my brother to come with the pickup and take me and the bike to the garage. I have dismounted the pump and can just say that the paperfilter looks pretty greyish, but no obvious amounts of dirt, and then it looks like it is another filter behind the pump itself, hiding behind some plastics which I have managed to pull out, afraid of braking it! What do you think, how sensitive is the fuelpump with the filters? Does it take much to consider the filters clogged?

Offline bjocar195

• Apprentice Post Whore
What happened?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »
Sorry, I meant, " I haven't managed to pull out the plastics behind the pump itself, which seems to cover another filter "

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
What happened?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 07:26:00 PM »
pull out the white/clear plastic that the pump sits in. It will require some serious pulling/tugging. After you get that out there will be a mesh screen on the bottom. Either pop it off, it will seperate or struggle and try to clean it. Most just pop it off and run without it. On the other end of the pump close to the fuel injectors, remove the regulator, 2 screws and pull it off the pump. It will require some effort, it has a O-ring on the end. You will find a mesh screen underneath it. that small round screen likely is clogged also. it will pop out of the hole, clean and reinstall it. You should be done after that. Be careful, the black O-rings that you come across will swell if they are left out in the open air.

Offline bjocar195

• Apprentice Post Whore
What happened?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »
Thanks a lot, it worked out fine!