Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Busa engines for a car  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Bryce Ludwig

• New User!
Busa engines for a car
« on: May 28, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm planning a light weight sports racer using the multiple Hayabusa engines.  I am looking for pictures of the engine and transmission together.  If you have drawings or things like that, I would also be interested.  I could also use some measurements of the engine and transmission.  I'm in the initial stages at present.
Ciao,
Bryce Ludwig

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »
Hopefully there will not be pictures of the engine and transmission apart!!!

Seriously, welcome to the site.

For a picture - try  www.200mph.net  .

Look under Info - no dimensions though.

Offline Chet

• Post Whore
    • Galek Motorsports - Busa Powered Sports Cars
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »
Bryce,

I have a possible alternative for you.

FuryUSA
Chet

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »
Chet:  Are you by any chance the one who had the really heavy duty starter conversion for the Busa engines???????  If so, please post again.

Offline Chet

• Post Whore
    • Galek Motorsports - Busa Powered Sports Cars
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »
Steve,

Per your request.
 Hayabusa Starter

These are well made but expensive, especially with the Currency rate lately.

Another alternative might be the stock 03 starter system to provide most but not all of the benefits.

Chet
 FuryUSA

Offline Bryce Ludwig

• New User!
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
Hey Chet, I've seen the Fisher Fury, and they are pretty cool.  However, I'm planning on putting 4 engines in one car.  Eventually, I will probably add turbos.  My goal here is to basically build a street legal CanAm car, but kicked up a bit.  Really, I could surely just get by with one, but sometimes there is a drive to make something so extreme that it goes beyond necesity or logic.
Ciao,
Bryce Ludwig

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »
Thanks Chet - thats it!!!  

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bryce Ludwig:
Hey Chet, I've seen the Fisher Fury, and they are pretty cool.  However, I'm planning on putting 4 engines in one car.  Eventually, I will probably add turbos.  My goal here is to basically build a street legal CanAm car, but kicked up a bit.  Really, I could surely just get by with one, but sometimes there is a drive to make something so extreme that it goes beyond necesity or logic.

I like your way of thinking.  
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »
Shades of Mickey Thompson - or Tommy Ivo!!!

Offline Bryce Ludwig

• New User!
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »
Yeah, Tommy Ivo is one of the reasons this idea eventually fermented in my brain.  I was watching some show about him on Speedvision (when it was still called that), and kept wondering how you would combine the power from all those engines.  I saw a Lotus 7 style car made by Tiger Sportscars in England that used 2 bike engines up front to drive the rear wheels.  I just thought if you're going to put multiple engines together then 4 is better than 2, and mid-engined is better than front engined and rwd.

My idea is to use 6 wheels (all of them driven), because despite the extra weight it would be nice to have that much of a contact patch in a car with that much power.
Ciao,
Bryce Ludwig

Offline BOOSTJUNKIE

• Rider
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
Bryce,
 Have you ever seen the Hayabusa V8 yet? They are using them in the Radicals. I am into the C and D sports racers as well!

Offline Bryce Ludwig

• New User!
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
Hayabusa V8?  Never heard of it.  I have heard of the Radicals, but know nothing about the V8, can you point me in the direction of some info?  What is the resulting displacement (2.6 or do they change things)?
Ciao,
Bryce Ludwig

Offline audiophileminidisc

• Apprentice Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 02:02:00 AM »
Read: Lightweight Sports Racer
Go to (shameless plug for publication) www.cycleworld.com, home of cycleworld magazine, and search for the GSX-R4.  They produced an article on this lightweit prototype car powered by a Hayabusa engine, transversly mounted in the rear.  Looks way, WAY COOL!  

Offline BOOSTJUNKIE

• Rider
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2003, 02:30:00 AM »
It is 2.6 liters. i BELEIVE THE COST IS $15000

Offline dakinebusa

• Mad Post Whore
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »
Seems to me that the Hayabusa V-8 wouldn't be far from the weight of a well built, aluminum block Chevvy V-8.
But, without turbo, it wouldn't have the torque or power of a good 406 which would give 600+ hp at 8000 rpm.
There is no substitute for cubic inches.....

Offline bigabusa

• Rider
    • http://www.tts-performance.com
Busa engines for a car
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »
Half my business is building 'busa motors for car guys. I have dry sump conversions, h/d oil pumps plus all the usual tuning parts. My latest project is a SUPERCHARGED  busa. it should make over 300 bhp and the whole deal only weighs 20 pound more than the stock engine. I will have it biult and tested in the next 2 weeks. its ideal for car installations. email me on richard@tts-performance.co.uk  and I will email you some photo's.