Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Motor work instead of N2O  (Read 5741 times)

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
Motor work instead of N2O
« on: July 23, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »
I was going to get a nice n big nitrous kit for my bike but for resones have changed plans...

My question is for about two grand what kind of engine work should I concentrate on and what kind of numbers hp/lbs-ft might I expect.

I've read alot of 1397's but I think my costs would end up higher than my budget.

I ride over 1500 miles every week on my bike so I don't want the engine to be pushed to the edge.

ANY THOUGHTS???
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline BadSouthernBusa

• Rider
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
get wet! nice daily driver and still a track warrior !
(although I want some motor mods my self )

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »
I already have a dry shot.. I like it but I need more all around power for the street. More torque and more power between 5000 and 8500 (the band that I most frequently ride in).
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline BadSouthernBusa

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »
what about gearing ?

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »
gearing is only going to move my peaks around... doesn't give me any increases though.

Offline Silver-02

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »
Commuta_Busa,
Call Danny at Performance Toys in NC.  He built a guy a $1500 package.  It had drop-in high-compression pistons, minor head work & cams.  The guy used to run high 9:40's before the engine work.  He ran a 9:13 at Gainseville after the motor work.  As far as I know, he's had no problems with it and enjoys complete streetability.

Danny's number is 704-474-4926, his hours are Mon-Fri (9-6) and Saturday (9-1).

Hope this helps.

Offline stockbusaNOS

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
CAMS,MAYBE CLEAN THE HEAD UP STOCK BORE PISTONS
AFTERMARKET(JE,MTC,WISCO)NO BASE GASKET OR STOCK WITH DRY SPRAY ABOUT $325.00 CAMPARED TO $1500
OR SO JUST MY TOO CENTS  
HOME OF MICHIGANS ONLY 7 SECOND
STREETBIKE 7.90@183 AND ITS A BUSA
        MIRROR IMAGE 1-313-538-6000
        FLO-TEC 1-708-339-7678

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »
Silver-02 - Thanks I'll give him a call and chat with him. I;m probably not going to go for it because I don't want my CR to go way up. In the winter here you can only get oxygenated fuel and I don't want to get close to any detonation problems... Plus I'll probably still have my dry shot on the engine.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »
I wouldn't mind any commets from dennis Mr Motorhead on this subject....

Offline DarkFalcon

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Silver-02:
Commuta_Busa,
Call Danny at Performance Toys in NC.  He built a guy a $1500 package.  It had drop-in high-compression pistons, minor head work & cams.  The guy used to run high 9:40's before the engine work.  He ran a 9:13 at Gainseville after the motor work.

02 do you know what cams were used and a general idea of the HP? The guy who owns the bike knows how to ride.

Offline Silver-02

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »
Dark Falcon,
The owner of the bike weighs 190lbs and averages 1:51 to 1:53 short times.  It made 178hp on Danny's chassis dyno.  He ran 9:47's to 9:50's before the motor work.

Danny himself was actually surprised that the guy ran a 9:13 down at G-ville.  His mph went from 147 to 152 after the motor work.  Not a whole lot, but it picked up 3 tenths.

That's torque working for ya, I guess.

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »
210 Horsepower Hayabusa Package

We've taken our 200 horsepower Street Busa package and tweaked it for another
5% horsepower gain. Like the 200 hp package, the 210 hp package utilizes
the renowned Carpenter Racing 5-axis CNC head porting.

The 210 hp Busa package features:

Hotter intake cam shaft than the 200 hp package

Custom valve springs

Additional porting to match new cam lift

This package records 210 rear-wheel horsepower at 111 ft lbs of torque
with stock pistons and stock valves!

Using this package Steve Jester has gone 8.83 @ 159.90 mph on motor
with DOT rubber and 60" wheelbase!

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out

Price complete $2800

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200 Horsepower Street Hayabusa Package

We've done it!  200 horsepower from a Hayabusa using stock pistons and valves
Utilizing special 5 axis CNC head porting and stock Suzuki billet cam ground to our specifications

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out

Price complete $2300

carpenter