Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fuel System Problems at 202HP  (Read 13018 times)

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
Fuel System Problems at 202HP
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »
One thing you all have to remember is you won't go 2mph faster if your stock fuel system is adequate and supplies the needed fuel,STEVE forgot to mention this.He says he picked up 6mph from a big motor???Well that only means his fuel system couldn't supply the needed fuel for that big motor and it was running lean,simple.The fuel system will not give you 1 hp if you don,t need any more fuel.If you change fuel system you will have to remap it.NICK SMITH is the very first guy that i know that has done this and he is the one who gave me the idea and info to get me started,my set up is a little different but it all started with his info's.  

Offline SlayerZ

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »
One day I will Understand All this        

Offline SlammedStance

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by surprenant:
SLAMMED I WONDER WHERE YOU GOT YOUR IDEAS??LOL....EXACT SAME PUMP,REGULATOR,FUEL PRESSURE THAT I WAS RUNNING LAST YEAR WHEN YOU WERE AT MY TRAILER LOLL..AIN'T THAT A COINCIDENCE HUH???  

well now how could i have known that robert? you cant see mine without taking the bike apart.But I ended up with the aero reg because they did not have the nos high pressure reg. and the fuel pressure was just what it worked best at. I got the idea from nick smith. I already had that on my bike last year when i saw you. But this year i will keep my eyes open over there near yer bike.lol. damn i will prob learn something. i thought i was the only one using that stuff. yer one smart little cookie  
AKA SlammedStance

Offline SlammedStance

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by surprenant:
One thing you all have to remember is you won't go 2mph faster if your stock fuel system is adequate and supplies the needed fuel,STEVE forgot to mention this.He says he picked up 6mph from a big motor???Well that only means his fuel system couldn't supply the needed fuel for that big motor and it was running lean,simple.The fuel system will not give you 1 hp if you don,t need any more fuel.If you change fuel system you will have to remap it.NICK SMITH is the very first guy that i know that has done this and he is the one who gave me the idea and info to get me started,my set up is a little different but it all started with his info's.  

haha i did not see this post before the other.damn this is funny. i guess they did not have the nos fuel reg when you tryed to order it either.but yes robert is right you will only gain if you need more fuel.mine was starving.but i run it with everymotor now just lower it down it seems to work better than stock
AKA SlammedStance

Offline DarkFalcon

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »
Carpenter appears to be working on a comprehensive but typically expensive solution:

http://www.carpenterracing.com/projects.htm