Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Starter Clutch  (Read 4980 times)

Offline Soup57

• Apprentice Post Whore
Starter Clutch
« on: July 21, 2003, 04:50:00 PM »
2002 Busa with Starter Cluth problem. 1397 kit in bike. What kind of precautions do in need to take with the Starter Clutch, as for as insurance, I know that I have a weak battery! I Was told to put a larger battery in, but I don't know what kind, and where to find them.

Offline Holeshott

• Rider
Starter Clutch
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »
soup
A few here may not agree with me but here is what I did and it hasent failed yet.    heres the parts list  
tiger tail
fbg battery
4ga power cable for eveything
4ga gold ring terminals
battery tender

the power cable and ring terminals you can get from your local audio shop, I have friends who do installing for a living so I got the best cable they had for free      I also upgraded all my groud cables as well, and added a extra ground strap to the motor.   The battery tender is pretty cool to cus it comes with a plug you can directly wire to your bike.      Well I hope this helps I know i havent had any problems after makeing these changes    
Later
T

Offline MoreBUSA

• Rider
Starter Clutch
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »
If your starter clutch is kicking back replace  it then replace your battery with this one.   YTZ14S

You can buy it here  Yuasa YTZ 14S

Also a battery tender is a great idea, for when your not riding it will keep your battery at 100%  
Oh and this battery is a duplicate in size as your stock one. Also a heavy duty starter Gear would be the next item and last get a Euro switch for you head lights this will allow you to turn the head lights off at will and this way your not trying to start the bike with that additional  strain on the battery.

Offline Busasteve

• Rider
    • http://www.planetbusa.com
Starter Clutch
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 07:19:00 PM »
I had my cases blow apart with old starter gear.  I have the new updated 03 model which implements a clutch so it cannot kickback.....it is fixed...if you want more details let me know...i even have picks.
Busatized

Offline tfracing

• Rider
Starter Clutch
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »
What starter drive broke your cases?  Will the 03 model fit in the older busa'a?
Think Fast!

Offline Chet

• Post Whore
    • Galek Motorsports - Busa Powered Sports Cars
Starter Clutch
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 11:25:00 PM »
I'm very interested in the 2003 starter setup. Please send info and pics if possible.

Thanks
Chet
 Chet@FuryUSA.com

Offline Freddies Here

• Rider
Starter Clutch
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »
I have a 1397 J&E kit, with "other stuff". I used a YTZ14S battery, with a YTX9-BS in the tail section. Along with 6ga. wires. It works VERY GOOD. Note, you can fit your stock battery in the tail section, and use the YTX14S in the batttery box.........Freddie          

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
Starter Clutch
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »
When changing yur wires, the ground from the battery to frame is the one you should make a 4ga.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline JAMES

• Apprentice Post Whore
Starter Clutch
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »
is better