Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yosh exhaust  (Read 5198 times)

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Yosh exhaust
« on: August 29, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »
I have a dealer that is going to give me a good deal on a yosh exhaust of my choosing.  I have narrowed it down to the titanium tri oval or the carbon rs-3.  What are the sound differences and power differences?  Both are full systems for the same price.

Offline Redline

• Restricted
  • Rider
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »
I would invest my money into a better exhaust myself.  The Yosh is at the bottom of the line for making HP on a Busa?  Just thought you should know.

Offline moondog

• Rider
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
how about the Micron 4 into 2 system? Looks good, suppose to be big on quality, may not be worth the price. Anyone out there had any first hand experience with them?
2003 Hayabusa black/grey, yoshies, pc3r, big ass hog sticker on the back - currently pissed at the Razorbacks...

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 10:32:00 PM »
What other exhaust would you recommend?  Everyone is saying I can't go wrong with a yosh.

Offline NiteRunner

• Rider
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »
Really this topic is beat to death. Do a search and you'll find most say buy what you think looks and sounds good to you. I got a smokin deal on a Yosh RS3 stainless and I love it. Absolutely no fit probs and I was so happy to get rid of that heavy stock system.  
Whoa, this thing has brakes too!?
01 Blue/Silver
08 DL650

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »
I'm torn between the micron and the yosh.

Offline NiteRunner

• Rider
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
I thought Micron was supposed to be good. However I've heard it runs way hot    (needs shielding), and can have fit probs. Not so with Yosh,(at least mine).  
Whoa, this thing has brakes too!?
01 Blue/Silver
08 DL650

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »
i heard a micron on a busa around here.  It was 2 timeslouder than the rs3.  Yosh does have the reputation of being good though.

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by J BROSSEAU , THE ANTI SQUID:
my yosh is pretty tame at idle but at WOT it really screams i am told. heyabuza thats posts here has told me that when i nail the gas on the freeway or just in general it gets really throaty and just screams.

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
P.S. I have a Yosh RS3 carbon slip-on on my 1000 and love it, it sounds awesome, and 155 hp.  

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »
155hp out of the 1000? That's not bad at all. Now that I'm rolling a Gix 1K I'm looking for some mods too. Does the exhaust move the rpm up where the power comes out?

Fast
Holy Crap, I have to sell this ZX-12R!!

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 06:56:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by FastBikes4Life:
155hp out of the 1000? That's not bad at all. Now that I'm rolling a Gix 1K I'm looking for some mods too. Does the exhaust move the rpm up where the power comes out?

Fast

Nope, just more of it everywhere.    

It got 5 hp peak gain, but at least a couple hp pretty much across the board, and also fixed a dip in the hp & torque curve at around 6000 rpm the stock pipe had.

I don't have a PC, just remapped the stock ECU. Only other mod is a TRE.

Offline Heyabuza

• Post Master
Yosh exhaust
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 04:26:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by J BROSSEAU , THE ANTI SQUID:
nice goin pete. you cant keep the front end down to begin with and now 5 more ponies. good logic.      

It did come back to haunt me a bit though... my buddy (on his new 03 Busa) and I had an impromptu "race" yesterday. We were just getting on an on ramp, were side by side and both nailed it in 1st. We were dead even at first, then of course my front end started coming up. I climbed on the tank best I could, but still had to back off. Well not really back off, but stop rolling into it so the wheelie stayed at about 10:00. That's when my buddy pulled a few lengths on me. I short-shifted to 2nd and then we stayed pretty much like that, with me a few lenghts back into 4th gear where we both let off. So it seemed pretty even, other than the fact that the Gixxer is far more wheelie-limited in 1st than the Busa. We're gonna do some 60-70 mph roll-ons one of these days.    

And I still have to do a rematch with @11K...