Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: today, I am ordering...  (Read 3568 times)

Offline moondog

• Rider
today, I am ordering...
« on: December 31, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
the BDE steetsmart system, pair valve kit and the pc3r. I never thought I would modify the busa, just never thought I would be ready for more power, but the day has come! Let the mods begin...my question is: for those of you that have done this on a new busa (2000 miles), what has your experience been with your local Suzuki dealership when taking it back for warranty repairs? The only thing that worries me a bit is the pair valve removal. I understand that the warranty should not be in question except in cases where the mod is directly to blame for the problem, but I'm just wondering what kind of reaction you all have gotten from your dealers...
2003 Hayabusa black/grey, yoshies, pc3r, big ass hog sticker on the back - currently pissed at the Razorbacks...

Offline BulletTrain

• Rider
today, I am ordering...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »
Pretty much depends on your dealer. If they're cool and work with you most anything can be covered. If they are dicks, you're screwed. Luckily my dealer understands that nobody keeps these things stock. They said they'd cover my ass as long as it's reasonable. I don't think they'd cover a nitrous explosion but as long as it's something they can handle they do it.

Did you discuss this with your dealer before your purchase?

By the way, you'll love that Brock pipe! Excellent piece. Especially those head pipes. Mechanical works of art!  
--
Is that yer chick's bike or do ya really ride a 600?

'Train

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
today, I am ordering...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
magnuson-moss.....

Offline moondog

• Rider
today, I am ordering...
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »
Bullettrain, nice job on those pics...I studied them at length, right behind ya bro! I was a little worried about the sound, I loved the way the yoshies sounded. My dealer is pretty cool, at most I may have to unplug the pc before taking it in...I don't know why I'm worried, I have yet to have even a single problem that required a trip to the shop. But, as most of us do, I tend to hang out down there a bit and know the guys good.
2003 Hayabusa black/grey, yoshies, pc3r, big ass hog sticker on the back - currently pissed at the Razorbacks...

Offline BulletTrain

• Rider
today, I am ordering...
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I enjoy photography and workin' on the busa. I try to combine the two hobbies as often as I can afford to to mods to the bike.  
--
Is that yer chick's bike or do ya really ride a 600?

'Train