Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Raise the rear?  (Read 4026 times)

Offline 2wheels

• New User!
Raise the rear?
« on: December 28, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »
I have a 99 busa and previously lowered the front 27mm, it improved cornering but the pipes were hitting the ground,when cornering on rough roads. Now the front is at standard height again. So I want to try to raise the rear to alter the fork angle again. But looking at the rear shocki sett up, no simple and safe idea comes to mind. Has anyone done this modification or an idea about it.  

Offline ohzone

• Rider
Raise the rear?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »
It's a simple matter of fitting lowering links "dog bones", these could be bought at your local motorcycle store, Ebay, the Hayabusa parts link at the top of the page then the "performance link" or you could make them yourself

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
Raise the rear?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
To raise the rear, the dog bone links need to be shortened ie centre distance between holes has to be reduced.

To lower the rear end the dog bones need to be lengthened. These dog bones can be purchased as previously mentioned above.
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline 2wheels

• New User!
Raise the rear?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 06:35:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll make a new set of dogbones with the holes closer than the standard ones and try them.  

Offline BUSAONCRACK

• Post Whore
Raise the rear?
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 2wheels:
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll make a new set of dogbones with the holes closer than the standard ones and try them.    

Offline BusaD

• Rider
Raise the rear?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
I remember seeing a post on this subject a while back and the out come was the you can get a set a your Suzuki dealer for the TL-1000 and they will fit. They raise the rear about 1.5" if you are interrested. The cost was about 40.00 for the pair.  
Fast is never enough!