Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maxton's Fastest Nitrous Bikes  (Read 16182 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton's Fastest Nitrous Bikes
« on: December 06, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »
The bike on the left is the Wayne Pollack built - Scott Guthrie Owned Nitrous/Alcohol Bike and the "Tiger" is on the right.  

I think I edged out Waynes bike by maybe 2mph.  I know it's not much, but it was enough for this season.  I think I'm being hunted down so the "Tiger" must go thru some winter overhaul.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Fast Frank

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
Since I have a Black/Silver Nitrous busa currently being "blinged out" maybe I can join this elusive club    

By the way, who is the third fastest nitrous busa at Maxton......Who cares right  
01' Black/Silver,lots of mods
204+ @ Maxton

Offline Bike382

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
You two enjoy it while it lasts.  I will be at Maxton again this year and hopefully with a NOS setup before the September or October meet.

I'll probably look something like this     as I break your records.

Alright, I'll fess up, I'm sure to get an ass whuppin but I just couldn't resist talkin a little smack.

I look forward to seeing you both at Maxton.
Just a guy that likes to ride FAST.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »
CYA there and don't be to sure, you may be the next Nitrous King of Maxton!

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 02:46:00 AM »

Offline ROB BUSH

• Rider
    • http://www.fishscustoms.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »
I'LL BE BACK    2OOO NITROUS KING OF MAXTON

BUILDER FIRST 2 HAYABUSAS IN THE 6's !
6.88 @ 198 and 6.83 @ 200

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
Rob's bikes are fast, attractive, impressive and well built.  This will be quite a party.

And remember, 212 MPH in the year 2000 was a BIG number on nitrous.

Heck, at Maxton, it was impressive period.  It was top speed of the year!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
TZ750,
Finished Dyno'ing the "Tiger" today.  Made some hellacious HP before I pushed my luck too far.  Wanted just another 20HP, and poof!  There went the head gasket between cyl. 3 & 4
A quick leak down proved what we thought, so it's out with the motor for a new Head gasket, valve job, and a resurface of both head and jug to mate them back up again.  Oh well, that's the price of Test and Tune.  Better to happen on the dyno in the shop than find out what that tune-up would do at Maxton.  But we learned much and will be able to handle that tune-up before we get to Maxton in March. 350hp on N2O was easier than I thought. We made about a dozen pulls before it poofed.

I'll will bring my current tune-up and a couple more tricks.  The double bottle is going to be the ticket for sure.  Actually had to tune the bike by each cylinder seperately, 3&4 likes a little bit different set-up.  The timing marks on the sparkplugs indicate that crank flex at the crank gear (#3 cyl) shows a different timing mark than 1,2 & 4.  EGT's also show different temps for #3, so we tuned #3 seperately and gained another 8HP by doing so.  EGT's leveled out across the board and all 4 plugs now show the same timing mark on the plugs.  Still tuning on the Rich side.
When we take the pistons out, I'll know more after reading them and the flame dispersion patterns.  I'll keep you informed.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline juice

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
How fast?

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »
2Fast:

350HP on the bottle is right up there with the best in the country!  That bike is going to post some BIG speeds next month, for sure. (start with 300 HP, and get a record in the books, and then just take the jet's out!)

When were were more serious about making big horsepower with the Yamaha TZ750 2-strokes, we had to do many of the same things that you are  doing to your nitrous bike.

Since the cranks in the 2-stroke were all roller bearing, the crank was "pressed together."  In my whole life, I only found 1 (count it 1) pair of cranks that were "correct" on TDC.

We wound up having to have a different jet for each cylinder, and different ignition system for each cylinder.

The best we ever did for measured HP was at the AMI Brute Horsepower Shootout, when I made 148 rear wheel HP from 600cc.That works out to be 320 HP from 1300cc- ON GAS; all motor.

I would predict from what I have seen of you and your bike; that if you can keep all that 350 HP "inside" the engine for a full, perfect pass at Maxton, you should have a 220-230 MPH time slip.

I think that 350HP is good for over 230 MPH in a turbo bike, but it's hard to make full use of the nitrous in the lower gears.

Got Brakes?

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »
Yes, my young friend Bike382 is a man to watch at Maxton.  He is willing to experiment, willing to learn.  Already fast, and lookin' to be even better!  And Soon!

He is taking MY records away, and is looking for more.

He is looking for a quiet and worthy goal, perhaps without realizing it:  Other than ONCE at Bonneville, in 1999; and ONCE at Muroc, also in 1999, NO TRUE PRODUCTION CLASS MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER SET A RECORD OVER 200 MPH.

Will 382 be the first one to do that at Maxton? He has all the right stuff, for sure.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »
Brakes, Brakes?  I've been so busy trying to go faster, I forgot about stopping.  

I'm going into the shop this morning and R&R the motor and split the cases.  Since I'll have her apart, I'm going to also modify my tranny again.  It shifted just fine last season, but you know that the busa's are notorious for not shifting in the big end under a heavy load.  I'm going to beef it up and have Paul Gast do his magic.

I'm over my depression from yesterdays trial and ERROR, I balanced my checkbook and found a couple more pennies.  When I came home last night my wife looked at my face and said "OK, what broke now?"
She's an incredible woman Scott, she knows how bad I want to be the fastest on the juice and is right there behind me.  Sometimes way behind me, but still behind me.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »
Havin' a good soldier back you up.  Can't be better!

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »
I wish I could peak Richard Martins interest into coming back to Maxton with his Busa.

Ive watched him go over 220 on spray in less than a mile.

He's run 214 in less than a mile on just motor......throw 100+ shot of dope on top of it and I say he'd go high 228-230 on spray.
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
Hmmmmm.....You have to Do it to Be it!

Certainly Richard Martin has the capability to be one of Land Speed Racings greats.  I have personally watched him go 211 MPH all motor, which I believe is the Best Ever for any all-motor bike on the concrete.

Get him back to Maxton!

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by TZ750:
Hmmmmm.....You have to Do it to Be it!

Truer words were never spoken.

I have no doubt that my bike has the mojo to be top dawg at Maxton right now. However, we havent done it. So what it could be aint worth shit.

You've either done it or you havent.

Offline project260

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
What is the 600 rec, i think its Chip with a speed of 177 if i am correct? Larry is buiding a 600 for Maxton, but Chip used nos right?
the fastest and you know it

Offline doublebusa

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
Guy , It sure sound like you are pushing the limits on your bike and will be ready for all comers. If you arent braking parts you arent racing. you are starting to sound like dad if one bottle is good two must be better. Have you though about making the gas tank your nos tank and putting the fuel cell in the tail section . Its just a thought out of the box.    Todd B.

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »
thats exactly what I have done made a 5 ltr S.S secondary fuel tank which is kept under the tail and feeds the fuel via a seperate fuel pump  to the wet system ,its all rather crude at present and if it works ok next month at Lake Gairdner I will refine it and up the HP ( this is on the busa ) by the way what are you guys paying per LB of N2O  cheapest I can get it down here is $12 LB inc tax  
the more I learn the less I know

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »
It would be WONDERFUL to see Lofty, Barry, Richard and the boys back at Maxton.  When they come, they run fast and hard.  When they leave, people say "who were those masked men?'

9/10 guys:  It has been far too long since we've seen you!  It has been so long that the public's memories of how good you are, are starting to fade.

Come on back and give us a "refresher course" in speed.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
NOS in the fuel tank area? Hmmmm, worth thinking about.

R&R'd the motor yesterday and boxed everything up. Yep, just like we thought, 3&4 burned thru the head gasket (Cometic).  Head looks good but it's getting another valve job anyway.  Jug looks good but both head and jug are getting skimmed and mated.  I'm going to change the piston deck height a tad (secret stuff you know) and move the cam's just a hair (2 rch's). Nitrous system worked great, so I'm leaving it alone.  We put the big solenoids and the braided lines in with new pumps and controller.  We had to tune each of the cylinders just a little differently but all is good.  Tranny went out for a slight modification (since the motor was split anyways) and I'll feel better about it's ability to shift under a big load.

Lofty, Barry, Richard and the boys?  Never heard of them..      
I have heard of rumors of past fast riders, but I thought they all just faded out of sight?  Maybe we will get to see some of those boys back on the Maxton Mile.  Who knows, maybe a hobbit will show up too.

TZ750,  Do you really think that the ghosts of Maxton past will show up? I mean really now, how do you expect us to believe that there were fast bikes there before I came on the scene.  It's just more than a brain can stand.  It's not the one's who say they CAN do it, it's the one's who DO do it that I'm worried about.  I watching my tail for that bike382, and if you have coaxed more out of your National champion Nitrous bike, I'm in deep doo doo for sure especially with that Wayne Pollack guy riding in your stable.  Thats why I'm working so hard to bring the BIG guns this year.  I will not under estimate any of you who DO show up to Maxton.

As for those who say they're fast, I'm sure you are a legend in your own mind for sure.  Bring it to Maxton March 27-28 and run what you brung and show us your bad selves.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »
Why would you have to go there Guy?

I would say that considering that Richard Martin has gone faster than you on all motor than you were able to go on spray, that he would have no problem taking your record from you on spray.

No nitrous, pure motor with a 12 MPH headwind.

MPS/G-1650/4 GP Racing Richard Martin Sep-02 211.764

You on spray.    

MPS/F-3000/4 Tiger Racing Guy Caputo May-03 210.128

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
APS/F-1650/4 Tiger Racing Guy Caputo Oct-03 214.530
to be correct,
And your right,
MPS/G-1650/4 GP Racing Richard Martin Sep-02 211.764
is an awfully impressive number to go.  

I'm not sure where you meant "I didn't have to go there" meant, but you must have felt I was knocking someone, quite the opposite.  I post here to jest with you not joust with you.  But you have been missed at Maxton so quit your crying and be there this year.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
Well then, if'n you were jesting........    

Im going to be skipping the AMI HP shootout at Daytona because its too close to Maxton and I dont want to risk hurting the bike on the dyno.

We will make it there this year.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
You DA MAN!!!  I bet someone will push the Nitrous mph #'s well into the 220's if not the 230's.  Yea baby, If you need a room, I have reserved a couple extra at the Holiday Inn.  Let me know.

Now how do we get the rest of the Fast boys to show up, Hmmmm?   I know, I'll post a contingency for the Fastest Nitrous Bike at the first event of the year.

That's it!  Eureka!!

Tiger Racing does hereby post $250.00 to be paid to the Fastest record run on a Nitrous only bike of the March opening event for the Maxton Mile.  

Now of course, I'm hoping I'll be paying myself, but who knows, maybe this will shake the trees and some really fast Nitrous boys might show up.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter