Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike  (Read 15798 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike
« on: February 08, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »
Tiger Racing  is Posting $250.00 to be paid to the Fastest record setting Nitrous Bike at  Maxton  for the opening event March 27-28

No matter what kind of bike in any Nitrous only  category!

Guy  
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline ROB BUSH

• Rider
    • http://www.fishscustoms.com
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

BUILDER FIRST 2 HAYABUSAS IN THE 6's !
6.88 @ 198 and 6.83 @ 200

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »
TURBO NITROUS  

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by MOTORHEAD:
TURBO NITROUS  

HAHA--you'd do it for $250 too              
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »
The intent was for Nitrous Bikes only.  But if you want to bring a turbo nitrous, I guess that would have to qualify also but that was not my intent.  Maybe someone else would like to sponser a Turbo record setting purse as I have in Nitrous.

Any takers?  TMH? anyone?

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline doublebusa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline jasonmcv

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »
tz750 can i borrow the bling bike and some 150hp jets????

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »
Jason:  We are already with the 150hp jets.  With the motor looking good at 211 HP on all-motor, that makes 361 on the Bottle.

The $250 is OURS!

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »
And besides, with my new bike already at almost 480HP on gas, if we get the nitrous on before March(starting to run out of time here), that will give us 600HP.    

That should take the $250.

Hmmmmmmm....265 MPH, Street Legal

Offline qdaddy70

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
Does Guy stand a chance for a record or is he just blowing smoke? I wonder if he has the stones to do it or will he be shut down and sent home crying?
What up.

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by qdaddy70:
Does Guy stand a chance for a record or is he just blowing smoke? I wonder if he has the stones to do it or will he be shut down and sent home crying?
What up.

Guy not only has a chance but is a current record holder as well as an outstanding member of the ECTA. Only smoke I've seen him blow is off his rear tire. To stand up and offer $ for this just goes to show he isn't bs'ing but wants to get more people involved in the fuel classes to help raise the bar.
Personally i don't like cash involved in this venue of racing as I believe it hurts the persona of it being the last great "amatuer" sport... a certificate for parts or gear or something would be more appropriatte IMO. But what goes on in the sidelines is going to happen... and truth be told, if i had a chance in hell i'd get in on that action.

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »
I am trying to get the phone# of the Holiday Inn Guy mentioned.Anybody have it? Thanks.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
I am trying to get the phone# of the Holiday Inn Guy mentioned.Anybody have it? Thanks.

Not sure which he mentioned Hank, but closest one to the track i'm aware of is the Holiday Inn Express, it's new and nice(i've stayed there in the past).

It's located at:
400 Plaza Drive
Laurinburg, NC  28352

Phone number is:
910-291-3300

Offline doublebusa

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
Hank that is the Holiday Inn in which Guy is talking about. A nice place to stay at. Its only about 10 minutes from the track. Todd B.  

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nkdbusarider:
Hank that is the Holiday Inn in which Guy is talking about. A nice place to stay at. Its only about 10 minutes from the track. Todd B.  

That's right, this is the one you stay at isn't Todd? By the way, I've been meaning to mention your screen name.... it conjurs up one of the ugliest damn images someone can think of    .. but you knew that didn't you?

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »
The Holiday Inn has the FREE breakfast, it's modern, well lit and across the street from a Walmart.

If anyone does not want my $250.00 cash, I totally understand and would be more than happy to offer up the same amount in Tiger Racing products instead.  All though I am expecting to win my own money.  This offer is meant for Nitrous ONLY bikes.  I do want to raise the bar and the money could help offset a few $$$ cost involved in coming to Maxton.  If you win and don't want it, don't take it.

As far as blowing smoke, I am running a bit rich right now but it cleans up in second gear    

Qdaddy, you should hook up with someone and try your hand up at El Mirage just north of Palmdale, Ca., it's a 1.2 mile dirt course and I hear it's quite a ride on the dirt.  

TZ750, you DA MAN with your new ride.  I'm going to do some bling work on the bike while my parts are spread out across the country since our last Test and smoke.    

150HP jets?  Hmmm, I can't wait to see who can make their motor hold em inside the cases.  I'm trying to get a little more because I know I will be up against the best of the best this opening round at Maxton.  I know that $250 is not really a lot of money in the scheme of things, but if that is what it will take to get these fuel boys here, then so be it.  A turbo bike with Nitrous is not what I want to reward.  I know that turbo bikes are faster than Nitrous bikes, but how fast can we really get a N2O bike to go?  Who knows, but with out all of us trying to find out, we won't know.  

I'm coming to Maxton packing the big guns.  I'm starting out with a proven 300hp setup and going from there.  My tune-ups are proven tune-ups, not "I think this will work" tune-ups.  Good luck to all you Nitrous monsters out there and I will see you on the MAXTON MILE.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline qdaddy70

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »
Good luck I got something for ya.

Offline byrd

• Rider
    • http://www.psychobike.com
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by qdaddy70:
Good luck I got something for ya.

.Gone
popapi
Popapi

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »
The Money Prize Patrol ($250 Check) has been delivered to TZ750 and so it now comes down to this.

If you want my $250, ya gotta be the fastest Nitrous only bike to break my record.  I'm counting on someone breaking that record by at least 5MPH so I can come back in May and up it another 5MPH.    

Good Luck to you N2O riders and lets see if the turbo boys go faster than 250MPH !!  

March 27-28, Maxton, NC. There's no other place to be to see the fastest in the world compete.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »
So, who won the $$$ ???
Official Site Supporter

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
SCOTT WENT 230 ON YOUR RECORD WITH NITROUS ONLY  

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
quote:

Wow...
How did hank do?

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
HANK WENT TOO FAST FOR THE TIMING EQUIPMENT TO TIME HIM

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
quote:
HANK WENT TOO FAST FOR THE TIMING EQUIPMENT TO TIME HIM

Yes--I was using one of the new and never seen
"MOTORHEAD STEALTH TURBO" bikes powered by the
"DILITHIUM CRYSTAL" turbocharger.I can not reveal the HP charts yet.Dennis will do that on the Vegas trip.        

Arcane WorldWide Racing,

Offline doublebusa

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
When i left at noon i dont think he ran yet. Dont know what happened. I did 2 shake down runs at 192mph naked . On the third run snapped a chain , just took out sprocket cover and  clutch pin. so i will be putting on the stock swingarm back on. So anyone interested in an 8 inch over Mcintosh swingarm let me know. It was a great weekend to run. A very rare time with no waiting in line most of the weekend. if there was a line, it only took about 10-15 minutes to get thru. Met some great people who are this site. Commuta-busa drove down with his son on his busa All THE WAY FROM JERSEY. better him than me with a stock seat. It looked like they had a great time. Fastgixx got some runs in. There are some great people out there. All in all was a good weekend
Todd B.  

Offline landracing

• Rider
    • http://www.landracing.com
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »
need speeds, need speeds, so who ran what?
Anxiously awaiting.

Jon

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »
quote:

Damn, I'm going to have to send him a Cigar for that one.  230MPH ???  Wow!!!    

Professor Hill, we're both in trouble come May.     The Bar has been set.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »
Knowing what he can do, is the reason I am building my bike (Just like you are) to the Max I can. After a long study period, I have finally decided what to do about the pistons I need (Which was the last piece to my puzzle). I left no stone unturned and even talked to the Only friend I have that I think is smarter than all of the rest of them, Kevin Cameron. Hopefully my decisions will be good ones and that I can tune it for the Power and Longevity I need.

All I am missing on my project is Youth (Read the ability to go without sleep) Money (Read Delay in buying the parts needed) and Knowledge (Hoping to avoid what my Dad always said "Experience is always something you get Immediately after you need it".)    My Goal is still 220 with "Me" on the bike. Randall can get another 10 + MPH then we are in business. A long time ago when I was reading about Mr. Turbo's ZX11 doing 234 MPH. I said it then and now, That is a Speed I do not "Want" to go!(I may have to, but I do not want to!)
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
It seems Mr. Motorhead was yanking my chain (again).  Just got an e-mail from Scott Guthrie, the winds were EVIL he says and that the record was not broken at this meet.

I got home late last night.  When I left Maxton @ about 1230pm, I was fast nitrous @ 195mph (no fairing).  Lee Sheirts was about 203-203 in an 1140ccc GSXR1000 on GAS, and was preparing to run with a 70HP dry shot.

On Sunday, the wind was EVIL on fast bikes.  I went 212 MPH Saturday on one of my turbo's without a fairing, and on Sunday my best was about 205 MPH.  I got the feeling that Lee didn't want to go much faster than 200-205 MPH, with or without nitrous, so he was probably "waiting it out" to hit the bottle, hoping for the wind to let up.

I refused to take your title without you there to defended it.

Scott

So Vince, we still have a chance in May.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »
The worst part about the 230 Story is, we all know that it "Could" have been true. The winds blow "Both" ways at Maxton and a 15 mph tail wind could have done this.

Now we must survive 1 more meet, April! Thanks for the stress reliever      

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 12:55:00 AM »

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 04:59:00 AM »
Much as I would like to go - or have gone - 230 on a "nitrous only" bike, it is certainly NOT true that I did.

It is disappointing to see a rumor like that start, and maybe be spread all over the internet.  Then later, when Guy does it for real, people just think...."didn't somebody else do that a while back?...."

Cheers Guy, the title at Maxton is still yours.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »
We still have the April event to contend with.  The wind gods may be willing to yield up some high speeds at that meet. The May event will be warmer and I won't have to keep the bottles warmed up.  Hopefully just a slight purge and it's 230 or bust!    

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
so no records got brole this last weekend...

My first time a Maxton. It was well worth the trip! It was great to meet some of the board memebers there and see some good racin' The weather On Sat. was pretty darn good. There was a crosswind of about 2-5mph which made it rough for the high speed riders though. Sun might as well been a wash! The head winds were brutal! I'm just glad no one went down. Nakdbusa is a great guy had alot of good laughs with him! To bad about the chain... And (don't remeber his board name) the guy who tried to blow his gas tank off at mid track and the do a leak test to his whole bike with oil was a scary moment.  He got it shut down and didn't go down, so I would say he did pretty good too. btw... get that secondary fuel box replaced and I'm sure he'll run some good numbers next time. To be able to go to an event and have the availability of running say 30 times down a track in one weekend is pretty darn good!

My son had a blast! He's ready for the next event already. Perhaps we'll make it to the final event and start making this a twice a year event.

btw... on Sunday there was a go-kart runnin' mid 90's! That's gotta' be a harder ride than mine from Jersey.

The diner was great! The Bonneville song inspired my son! Lots of laughs! Loved the weed-eater prize! Everybody at the event was friendly and fun to hang with! Hats off to the ECTA and the staff they put on a great event. I'll be back and maybe next time I'll trailer the bike so I can run a few laps with my bottle!  
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Re: Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2004, 09:46:35 AM »
Quote from: Commuta_Busa
so no records got brole this last weekend...

My first time a Maxton. It was well worth the trip! It was great to meet some of the board memebers there and see some good racin' The weather On Sat. was pretty darn good. There was a crosswind of about 2-5mph which made it rough for the high speed riders though. Sun might as well been a wash! The head winds were brutal! I'm just glad no one went down. Nakdbusa is a great guy had alot of good laughs with him! To bad about the chain... And (don't remeber his board name) the guy who tried to blow his gas tank off at mid track and the do a leak test to his whole bike with oil was a scary moment.  He got it shut down and didn't go down, so I would say he did pretty good too. btw... get that secondary fuel box replaced and I'm sure he'll run some good numbers next time. To be able to go to an event and have the availability of running say 30 times down a track in one weekend is pretty darn good!

My son had a blast! He's ready for the next event already. Perhaps we'll make it to the final event and start making this a twice a year event.

btw... on Sunday there was a go-kart runnin' mid 90's! That's gotta' be a harder ride than mine from Jersey.

The diner was great! The Bonneville song inspired my son! Lots of laughs! Loved the weed-eater prize! Everybody at the event was friendly and fun to hang with! Hats off to the ECTA and the staff they put on a great event. I'll be back and maybe next time I'll trailer the bike so I can run a few laps with my bottle!  

Who actually had a "Chain Problem"? What Happened to the bike? That was not the same person with the Leak?

The reason I ask is, with Higher HP, the chains are now being asked to do a Lot. Then with the "Kawasaki" people using a 19 tooth front and having to remove some of the Steel guard inside the Sprocket cover, you can see why the questions. This has also made me think that I should double the thickness of the case guard because with over 325 HP, I do not want any problems either.  Thanks

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2004, 10:53:42 AM »
the chain belongs to nakedbusarider... he's a board member here... it was his third pass when she decided not to play any longer.
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »
Really appreciated. ALso glad he survived this. We all know that if things work just wrong, a chain can lock up a rear wheel. I am not a fan of the ECTA's chain guard rule. I have seen some guards that could cause problems by not allowing the chain to escape.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2004, 11:25:13 AM »
funny you mention the chain guard.... we were looking at it and it only had a little nick out of it... and I think it was just some goood luck that it didn't take out his water pump!

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2004, 02:16:18 PM »
Quote from: Commuta_Busa
funny you mention the chain guard.... we were looking at it and it only had a little nick out of it... and I think it was just some goood luck that it didn't take out his water pump!

Better yet, Nothing out of his rear (The personal part!) :D