Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike  (Read 15717 times)

Offline landracing

• Rider
    • http://www.landracing.com
Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »
need speeds, need speeds, so who ran what?
Anxiously awaiting.

Jon

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by MOTORHEAD:
SCOTT WENT 230 ON YOUR RECORD WITH NITROUS ONLY  

Damn, I'm going to have to send him a Cigar for that one.  230MPH ???  Wow!!!    

Professor Hill, we're both in trouble come May.     The Bar has been set.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »
Knowing what he can do, is the reason I am building my bike (Just like you are) to the Max I can. After a long study period, I have finally decided what to do about the pistons I need (Which was the last piece to my puzzle). I left no stone unturned and even talked to the Only friend I have that I think is smarter than all of the rest of them, Kevin Cameron. Hopefully my decisions will be good ones and that I can tune it for the Power and Longevity I need.

All I am missing on my project is Youth (Read the ability to go without sleep) Money (Read Delay in buying the parts needed) and Knowledge (Hoping to avoid what my Dad always said "Experience is always something you get Immediately after you need it".)    My Goal is still 220 with "Me" on the bike. Randall can get another 10 + MPH then we are in business. A long time ago when I was reading about Mr. Turbo's ZX11 doing 234 MPH. I said it then and now, That is a Speed I do not "Want" to go!(I may have to, but I do not want to!)
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
It seems Mr. Motorhead was yanking my chain (again).  Just got an e-mail from Scott Guthrie, the winds were EVIL he says and that the record was not broken at this meet.

I got home late last night.  When I left Maxton @ about 1230pm, I was fast nitrous @ 195mph (no fairing).  Lee Sheirts was about 203-203 in an 1140ccc GSXR1000 on GAS, and was preparing to run with a 70HP dry shot.

On Sunday, the wind was EVIL on fast bikes.  I went 212 MPH Saturday on one of my turbo's without a fairing, and on Sunday my best was about 205 MPH.  I got the feeling that Lee didn't want to go much faster than 200-205 MPH, with or without nitrous, so he was probably "waiting it out" to hit the bottle, hoping for the wind to let up.

I refused to take your title without you there to defended it.

Scott

So Vince, we still have a chance in May.

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »
The worst part about the 230 Story is, we all know that it "Could" have been true. The winds blow "Both" ways at Maxton and a 15 mph tail wind could have done this.

Now we must survive 1 more meet, April! Thanks for the stress reliever      

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 12:55:00 AM »

Offline tz750d

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 04:59:00 AM »
Much as I would like to go - or have gone - 230 on a "nitrous only" bike, it is certainly NOT true that I did.

It is disappointing to see a rumor like that start, and maybe be spread all over the internet.  Then later, when Guy does it for real, people just think...."didn't somebody else do that a while back?...."

Cheers Guy, the title at Maxton is still yours.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »
We still have the April event to contend with.  The wind gods may be willing to yield up some high speeds at that meet. The May event will be warmer and I won't have to keep the bottles warmed up.  Hopefully just a slight purge and it's 230 or bust!    

Guy  
Official Site Supporter

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
so no records got brole this last weekend...

My first time a Maxton. It was well worth the trip! It was great to meet some of the board memebers there and see some good racin' The weather On Sat. was pretty darn good. There was a crosswind of about 2-5mph which made it rough for the high speed riders though. Sun might as well been a wash! The head winds were brutal! I'm just glad no one went down. Nakdbusa is a great guy had alot of good laughs with him! To bad about the chain... And (don't remeber his board name) the guy who tried to blow his gas tank off at mid track and the do a leak test to his whole bike with oil was a scary moment.  He got it shut down and didn't go down, so I would say he did pretty good too. btw... get that secondary fuel box replaced and I'm sure he'll run some good numbers next time. To be able to go to an event and have the availability of running say 30 times down a track in one weekend is pretty darn good!

My son had a blast! He's ready for the next event already. Perhaps we'll make it to the final event and start making this a twice a year event.

btw... on Sunday there was a go-kart runnin' mid 90's! That's gotta' be a harder ride than mine from Jersey.

The diner was great! The Bonneville song inspired my son! Lots of laughs! Loved the weed-eater prize! Everybody at the event was friendly and fun to hang with! Hats off to the ECTA and the staff they put on a great event. I'll be back and maybe next time I'll trailer the bike so I can run a few laps with my bottle!  
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Re: Tiger Racing Post $250 for Fastest Nitrous Bike
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2004, 09:46:35 AM »
Quote from: Commuta_Busa
so no records got brole this last weekend...

My first time a Maxton. It was well worth the trip! It was great to meet some of the board memebers there and see some good racin' The weather On Sat. was pretty darn good. There was a crosswind of about 2-5mph which made it rough for the high speed riders though. Sun might as well been a wash! The head winds were brutal! I'm just glad no one went down. Nakdbusa is a great guy had alot of good laughs with him! To bad about the chain... And (don't remeber his board name) the guy who tried to blow his gas tank off at mid track and the do a leak test to his whole bike with oil was a scary moment.  He got it shut down and didn't go down, so I would say he did pretty good too. btw... get that secondary fuel box replaced and I'm sure he'll run some good numbers next time. To be able to go to an event and have the availability of running say 30 times down a track in one weekend is pretty darn good!

My son had a blast! He's ready for the next event already. Perhaps we'll make it to the final event and start making this a twice a year event.

btw... on Sunday there was a go-kart runnin' mid 90's! That's gotta' be a harder ride than mine from Jersey.

The diner was great! The Bonneville song inspired my son! Lots of laughs! Loved the weed-eater prize! Everybody at the event was friendly and fun to hang with! Hats off to the ECTA and the staff they put on a great event. I'll be back and maybe next time I'll trailer the bike so I can run a few laps with my bottle!  

Who actually had a "Chain Problem"? What Happened to the bike? That was not the same person with the Leak?

The reason I ask is, with Higher HP, the chains are now being asked to do a Lot. Then with the "Kawasaki" people using a 19 tooth front and having to remove some of the Steel guard inside the Sprocket cover, you can see why the questions. This has also made me think that I should double the thickness of the case guard because with over 325 HP, I do not want any problems either.  Thanks

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2004, 10:53:42 AM »
the chain belongs to nakedbusarider... he's a board member here... it was his third pass when she decided not to play any longer.
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »
Really appreciated. ALso glad he survived this. We all know that if things work just wrong, a chain can lock up a rear wheel. I am not a fan of the ECTA's chain guard rule. I have seen some guards that could cause problems by not allowing the chain to escape.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2004, 11:25:13 AM »
funny you mention the chain guard.... we were looking at it and it only had a little nick out of it... and I think it was just some goood luck that it didn't take out his water pump!

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2004, 02:16:18 PM »
Quote from: Commuta_Busa
funny you mention the chain guard.... we were looking at it and it only had a little nick out of it... and I think it was just some goood luck that it didn't take out his water pump!

Better yet, Nothing out of his rear (The personal part!) :D