Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gettin Naked in Maxton  (Read 4487 times)

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« on: March 29, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
Congrads to Scott and Wayne of Scott Guthrie Racing on two EXCELLENT runs(not to mention track records) at Maxton this weekend... 211.97mph and 212.51mph respectfully!
Look Ma.. no fairing!
Wayne's look after his run told it all :-)
   ... to say the least!
Giant thanks to NakedBusa and Zach for all the help to my shakedown effort, and was real nice meeting CommutaBusa and son as well(some REAL nice folks)!

Offline doublebusa

• Rider
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
SO WAYNE is it the same as riding the dragbike ????         Narider , No problem Bro.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »
It was great meeting all of you! narider, you saved my life with the coffee Sun morning!    

Your bike is a sight! Really a world class build! That monster is gonna be running like a champ by the end of the season!

My son and I both had a great time! nakedbusa, you're a riot!    it was really great being able to meet some good folks! We'll be back for the final season event (work permitting) and then make this a twice-a-year event! (first race and last race). Next time I hope to trailer my bike down so I'll feel more comforatable in running it down the mile and not worry about anything breaking!  
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the good words, ya'll sure fit in fine there. Would love to see you run and feel free to share our mud and drinks anytime, you know where it's at now so help yourself. Your sons outlook was a very welcome sight, look forward to seeing you both again.

Offline NCDRAGSTER

• Rider
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 07:05:25 PM »
Thanks Todd 1. I have to thank Scott " the Sultan of Speed" for putting me on such a bad ass bike! Scott was kind enough to hand the bike to me as the weather conditions improved. That Guthrie Racing naked Busa is one stout ride. Good question Todd 2, I would say that the Maxton naked run is tougher from a wind blast prespective than the dragster. The dragster is kind of tough because you have wind blast and you're still pulling a couple G's accell at over 200. I believe the seating postion exposes more of you on the Busa and you're at speed for a longer period.  It was much tougher than I expected.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Gettin Naked in Maxton
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 10:29:25 AM »
Now imagine riding the Daytona 200 on a superbike (Of course back in the day) with only the number plate to deflect the wind and add the down force of the banking for 200 miles at speeds up to 180 MPH. Maxton is a breeze compared to that.
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man