Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: The "Tiger" is back and ready for bear!  (Read 12734 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
The "Tiger" is back and ready for bear!
« on: April 08, 2004, 07:51:20 AM »
Here are a few pic's of the finished product. It looks like the May event at Maxton is going to be the record event.

She's got a little over 350 ponies under the hood and was put on a carbon fiber diet (that's because the rider is so damn fat).

Professor Hill, she's looking for that big green mean machine of yours.  Wanna come out and play?

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 10:00:39 AM »
"Please do not let this get out!" I like it! You did what you needed to do with the tank (Get it out of the way for your Belly to have room, just like I did) The difference is, yours looks "GOOD"! (Did I just say that a Busa looked good? NAW, it is your top cover and step seat! A long time ago, I realized that once you took weight off of the bike, that it would not come back as opposed to the rider! You may even force me to "Pretty Up" my bike NAW, (well maybe a little :D) Very Nice work.

Now like Johnny Carson said to Dolly Parton, "I would like to take a look under there" (The cover)
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 12:47:13 PM »
Under the hood? 350 ponies in the stable waiting to go for a run.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 01:36:45 PM »
Try not to let all of those "Ponies" Do do up everything again! :D:D

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 04:31:46 AM »
Guy as we say in Aus, bloody bottler mate  though a little over done on the bling for my liking, its not destined for the salt me thinks.  350 is impressive  8)  looks as though 230 may be yours first  .that tank cool where do you get them ?? cost ??? and can you have 4 fuel outlets  :wink:  what amount of fuel do they hold  anyway good lick o'l son come May
Hawkwind
the more I learn the less I know

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 08:21:50 AM »
Quote from: hawkwind
Guy as we say in Aus, bloody bottler mate  though a little over done on the bling for my liking, its not destined for the salt me thinks.  350 is impressive  8)  looks as though 230 may be yours first  .that tank cool where do you get them ?? cost ??? and can you have 4 fuel outlets  :wink:  what amount of fuel do they hold  anyway good lick o'l son come May
Hawkwind

http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com/

Here you go mate!  You can get the tank with as many bungs as they can fit under there.  It holds about 2 gallons (US) with the 01 fuel pump inside her.  Cost?  it's on the website.  For you down under, there is a shipping concern I'm sure.

Yes, I want 230mph very much, but it remains to be seen if it is possible on the juice in just 1 mile.  We'll see.  I did this product review of this item http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/templates/tech_template.asp?articleid=17&zoneid=11 and thats how I found the tank.  I'm slowly converting to full carbon fiber and it's very expensive here but I'm so fat I need help.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:15:32 AM »
I know that this is a Busa Web site and I am a visitor, but here is the tank I made (Got a recalled tank for free from someone that bought a Canadian bike) and it holds a little over 2.5 gallons and very low on the bike. Actually I sit on top of it!

As you can see, my seat did not fit either and had to make it fit also.

Just in case I did want a CF Tank, this one is made in Hawaii!

Of course I am gald that he makes tanks better than he can keep his thumb out of the picture!

Here is a little peak under my cover! Opened and closed.

You mentioned "Ready for Bear"? Well here is the long and short of it, Bear Velocity stacks that I use to hold the NOS Spray Nozzles.

The Gold ones in the above picture are the short ones. I am still working this out also!

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 12:53:58 PM »
looks like quite the project professor.
when and where is it heading down the runway?

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 01:10:06 PM »
Quote from: 3B or BBB
looks like quite the project professor.
when and where is it heading down the runway?

This is what went to Maxton 10/04 for my first experience with NOS. Now I am getting serious with some special Pistons and a few other things so I can have over 300 HP and really go fast!

I really like your signature!! it is very close to exactly what I say
"I am a Racist because I hate every racial attitudes! I just like the people I like inspite of their race, not because of it!"

I guess I am in trouble now  :roll:  :)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 04:44:14 PM »
Professor Hill, you have been holding out on us.  She looks sweet.  Can't wait to see her all dressed up and ready to rock.  May is going to be a great event.

Oh and don't forget to feed those ponies before she goes out for a gallop.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »
"I am a Racist because I hate every racial attitudes! I just like the people I like inspite of their race, not because of it!"

great minds...

I work in a very impoverished hospital. The only reason I stay is simple: I can't do what I do anywhere else in the country. Not right now anyway. So, I have to continue to deal with a culture who expects something and everything without concern of what they can do for themselves or anyone else in the community. It is a truly painful place to live, work, raise a family etc.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 08:08:28 PM »
Quote from: 3B or BBB

great minds...

I work in a very impoverished hospital. The only reason I stay is simple: I can't do what I do anywhere else in the country. Not right now anyway. So, I have to continue to deal with a culture who expects something and everything without concern of what they can do for themselves or anyone else in the community. It is a truly painful place to live, work, raise a family etc.

"One Day" in our lives, we are appreciated and that makes it all worth while! We all get paid, It is the appreciation that make the difference (Or the difference between a Job we like and "Work"!

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »
didn't you just sell that bike :?:

what are you going to be using at maxton?

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 05:11:50 PM »
Quote from: FastGixx
didn't you just sell that bike :?:

what are you going to be using at maxton?

"Didn't WHO just sell their bike"??

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
guy....  didn't HE sell HIS bike :?:

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 08:07:22 PM »
Not that Black one! He has been spending money like a "Republican after a tax cut" on that bike!

Offline kzz1

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 09:32:38 PM »
Quote from: VincentHill
Not that Black one! He has been spending money like a "Republican after a tax cut" on that bike!

The bike is sold. Look in the for sale section.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 09:15:41 AM »
Maybe the "Tax Cut" was not large enough. :D:D Man 0 Man, that bike was his heart. I do feel better now about the slow pace I am forced to go because of limited money. One thing about that bike, it was the Best looking Busa I have ever seen.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 11:29:27 AM »
It'll still be at Maxton in May.
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 12:29:15 PM »
Quote from: 2fast4u2c
It'll still be at Maxton in May.

GUY!! Say it aint so!![/b] I know it is hard in Toledo and I know it cost a Ton to do what you did to bring that bike to reality. We know that breaking a Motor not only breaks your wallet, it breaks your heart and it takes a "While" to recover. "What the Hell happened"??

(This is like training to fight Alli and then find out a month before the fight that Alli's right hand got hurt!)

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 09:13:14 PM »
I do feel better now about the slow pace I am forced to go because of limited money..

how true  Vince how true   hey Guy thats sad news mate , I heard the tax man cometh ? my old girl wont be ready untill next March, $$ is my limiting factor as well  :(  I hope you find a way to carry on your dream and achieve 230+
hey vince the race is on still you and me  first to 230 or who ever finishes their bike first  :D
Hawkwind
the more I learn the less I know

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 08:18:08 AM »
Quote from: hawkwind
I do feel better now about the slow pace I am forced to go because of limited money..

how true  Vince how true   hey Guy thats sad news mate , I heard the tax man cometh ? my old girl wont be ready untill next March, $$ is my limiting factor as well  :(  I hope you find a way to carry on your dream and achieve 230+
hey vince the race is on still you and me  first to 230 or who ever finishes their bike first  :D
Hawkwind

"THANKS"!! Just so you know, I am from "Toledo Ohio, Born and raised there. I do not know about the State taxes, But I do know that it costs "TWICE AS MUCH" for Property taxes in Toledo than it does in Washington DC. A house in Toledo worth $220,000 (Before deductions of Homestead and senior Citizen) are $7,700 a year. In DC, the same house would be $2,800. With the deductions in Toledo, $4,300. DC about $1,700.

The Utilities in Toledo are closer to "3" Times higher there. My cousin has paid $400 in 1 month for her Gas bill and she only has a Duplex! to Keep my Moms house at 50 degrees last winter cost over $225 per month. The worst part is people in DC make a lot more money on average

I know that Guy will be back, but to lose out NOT ON THE TRACK is the Hard part! Hang in there GUY!

Hawkwind, it is on!!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2004, 09:41:22 AM »
Had nothing to do with taxes. The "Tiger" is still in the family and I will be riding her in May.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 11:25:49 AM »
Good Family! I am back in training. Just too much work, not to at least see it used to the full potential at least once!

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 03:13:49 PM »
I just read an article on dragbike.com about the double bottle baby... I was hopeing you would make it to the first event and hit the 230 so I could be there!

Maybe by the time I make it down to Maxton again you'll be looking for 235-240! you never know. btw... what size jets and wht fuel pressure are you runnin'  :twisted:

soon you'll be hooking the second bottle to feed the first one and keep the pressure up! 8)
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt