Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I want to build a nitrous motor  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Bottlefed

• Rider
I want to build a nitrous motor
« on: April 08, 2004, 04:07:45 PM »
Where do I start?  It's an '02 GSXR 1000, which currently is running a 60 shot thanks to A&J Performance.  I want to step up to a 100 shot.  I know I will need rods, valve springs, lockup, & billet basket,  but I don't know what compression to go with.  MSP recommended 13:1, but this has to be a motor I can idle in traffic with and not overheat.  Any suggestions?

cw racing

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 07:52:17 PM »
Nitrous works find on stock compression the lower the comp. the more you can spray.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 08:00:10 PM »
The higher the compression, the less you have to spray.

Charlie is my hero.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Bottlefed

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 08:25:46 PM »
Thanks guys, but you haven't gotten me any farther than I already am.  I'm looking for what other people have done, or suggestions.  Pros and cons.  Has anyone seen a 100 shot on a gixxer?  Can they give me some details?

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 03:51:56 AM »
bottlefed I ran an extra 80hp ( wet system) on a bog stock bussa motor for a total of 60 sec , I  ran at least 12 runs ( not all at 80 shot or 60 sec but all between 40/80 shot and a min of 15 sec )   without any retard  also the secondary fuel was 100% toluene , only problem I had was #1 spark plug  earth strap melted ( NGK iridium  ) I will not use these again  changed to NGK racing plugs  no further probs I have now striped down the motor and its like new no visable damage at all  hope this is of use
hawkwind :)
the more I learn the less I know

Offline johnie boutwell

• New User!
    • http://www.pcpracing.net
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 10:15:59 AM »
im currently working on my 01 1000 that i just picked up. i have a wet system on my busa. i told joe(A&Js) i would use the dry system and controller that he offers on mu next personal bike.. pm me or give me a call. # is in my signature. i can get you to a 100 shot.  you cannot compare a 100 shot on a busa motor to your motor. i live at the track and there has been several gxrs motors coming apart with 60 shots.  i love the spray
johnie boutwell
owner PCP Racing
985 688-6896
www.pcpracing.net
powdercoating, nos,bigbore kits,chroming,turbos

Anonymous

Re: I want to build a nitrous motor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 08:32:22 PM »
Quote from: Bottlefed
Where do I start?  It's an '02 GSXR 1000, which currently is running a 60 shot thanks to A&J Performance.  I want to step up to a 100 shot.  I know I will need rods, valve springs, lockup, & billet basket,  but I don't know what compression to go with.  MSP recommended 13:1, but this has to be a motor I can idle in traffic with and not overheat.  Any suggestions?

A good set of rods, lower comp. pistons , the lower the comp. the more you can shoot.
as far as the clutch goes...thats a whole other can of worms.
As far as stepping it up, you can still use my box, you just have to increase the fuel pressure, by either getting a different pump and reg, and or a better set of injectors, both of which we have.