Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maxton Basic ???  (Read 7893 times)

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« on: April 13, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »
What fuels are available? Can somebody run down classes/fees/safety setup for me. Sorry for the simple questions, want a better idea of the event. Do Busa's run partial streamliner or full.

I have an all motor Busa and want to make some passes....maybe turn on some spray and take Guy's $$$ too....LOL Ya never know....

Thanx
Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Re: Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 09:35:11 AM »
Quote from: DaveO
What fuels are available? Can somebody run down classes/fees/safety setup for me. Sorry for the simple questions, want a better idea of the event. Do Busa's run partial streamliner or full.

I have an all motor Busa and want to make some passes....maybe turn on some spray and take Guy's $$$ too....LOL Ya never know....

Thanx
Dave

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/faq.htm

All grades of Sunoco Race fuel Leaded and Unleaded are available. Dave, there are no Dumb questions when you do not know something, but there are Dumb Answers when you do not know something! :D
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:00:37 AM »
Professor,

Thanx for the link. They do not give specifics on safety etc that I could find. I found the fuel info on a Sun Co site and found a fuel similiar to what I normally run.

I am curious as the specifics needed for safety wiring , licsence, and vehicle classifications.

I want to make sure I am prepped correctly for their rules.

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:59:56 AM »
Helmet must have the ANSI and DOT  or SNELL sticker. Road Race Gloves and Boots with some Armor.

They prefer the 1 piece leather suits, bit I think still accept the 360 degree zip around.

For the Bike, No drag slicks, but "Z" Rated tires or Land Speed Tires.

Safety wire everything where fluid can escape (Hose clamp on the Oil Filter and then safety wire that) Over flow bottle cap and radiator cap, I also wire the hose clamps on the hoses! "All" drain plugs and oil fillers. Axle "AND" Axle Nut, Brake Caliper bolts  and on the rear the Stay rod if you have one! They are not deadly on antifreeze, but I would run no more than a 20 to 30% mix.

Last, they have a real thing for chain guards. No matter what, they must extend past the rear of the sprocket. They want steel ones, but mine is CF and Plastic. I have a real problem with this rule, because I do not want a chain Guard that so well protects the chain that the chain cannot get out and locks the rear wheel! Here are 2 examples, the first one is my good friend Jim who built one that totally meets the rules and scares Hell out of me!

Here is one that barely meets the rules and to me is a lot safer. I would have it going straight back to let the chain fly off.

Now for what you can see of mine which passes inspection.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 01:18:02 PM »
Professor,

Thanx again for info. My chain guard would be a prob then, IHRA only requires to center of axle, and not full length. The stock Busa guard is NOT full length...are they illegal too?? I can extend my current, but to make it full length to cases would be a PIA.

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 01:55:39 PM »
I hope that this picture will help, It shows a Hugger that I "ADDED" the end of the stock Chain guard (Just after the cross brace to the frame) to make it long enough. The front stops about 4 to 6 inches before the swing arm pivot point. I think their concern is the end as opposed to the beginning of the Guard. Just Pop Rivet a piect of 1 x 1/8 inch flat aluminum or steel to the end of your stock guard! Sort of what I did?

This one passed inspection! :roll:

You will be OK!

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 07:12:39 PM »
Professor,

Differences between altered and mod???

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 09:17:19 AM »
Professor,

Differences between altered and mod???

Dave

The Tech Difference is 66 inches and the seat Height. Altered "Should" have over 66 inch wheel base and the seat bottom below the top of the rim (I am not sure if it is the tire) Modified is any alterations to stock.

A stock bike (right now) can run in all of these classes. A Modified can run in Altered, but Altered cannot run in Modified!

The Harley may not be racing in the "Altered Class", but it is Legal for Altered.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 09:26:16 AM »
Professor,

This is starting to make some sense. What about the streamliner category?? How is the traction/surface this time of year?

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 12:34:20 PM »
Professor,

This is starting to make some sense. What about the streamliner category?? How is the traction/surface this time of year?

Dave

The Rule Book comes with the Menbership, not extra. It can explain "Everything" a lot better than I can with my limited knowledge. See Tiger Racing comments about traction they are 100% correct for 99.9% of the time. :D

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 06:36:44 PM »
Vincent,

Thanx for all the info. I will get rulebook at signup. At this point still planning on next weekend. Dyno session monday will be final determination. Need to tune new motor setup/fuel system.

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 07:37:57 PM »
For a busa you can get a full length chain guard here
http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1984422&showprevnext=1

For a stock production bike, safety wire your front pinch bolts and front axle.  Rear axle and oil fill plug, oil drain plug, oil filter (by way of large hose clamp) and radiator cap.

If your swing arm is lengthened or you have modified your frame (raked it) you must also safety wire your brake caliper bolts, brake caliper mounting bolts and have a full length chain guard from rear of sprocket to front sprocket.

If you are running the fuel classes, you can bring your own.  If you are running the gas classes, you have to buy whats at the track and have your gas tank sealed.  

The busa is already a partial stream lined bike.  Unless you want to run without fairings (naked), you will be running the APS, MPS or PS classes of 1350 or higher.  You may run any class higher than your bike if you find a record you would like to run on.  We will help you with that when you arrive.

Go buy yourself some safety wire pliers and some .032 safety wire.  You can find that stuff on the web or at  http://www.schnitzracing.com

Your tires must be Z-rated for any attempts at a 200mph pass.  You first get licensed by doing a 125mph pass, then a 150mph pass, then a 175mph pass.  At this point you will be allowed to attempt a 200mph pass to get your 'A' License.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 11:05:38 PM »
Guy,

Thanx for clarifying the details. This bike has an arm, so will need a full length chain guard. Hopefully Schnitz can get one to me in time. The safety wire is not a prob, just need to know what. Z rated tires are a given. The licsensing makes sense, kindof like IHRA PRO passes.

Hopefully things will fall into place the next few days, and the weather will cooperate. It will be nice to do topends in a sanctioned arena without legal concerns.

Maybe get to meet some people too.

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2004, 04:21:12 PM »
metal valve stems and caps.   make sure you have em or you cant run.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 07:27:37 PM »
Yeah, what he said, I forgot about the metal valve stems.  No getting aorund that one.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
Maxton Basic ???
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2004, 11:55:48 PM »
Buy the rulebook,read it very carefully,then take it out to your bike and check off everything.Then go do it again so you are not caught without some minor bit you need to run when you are already there.
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club