Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: yoshimura advice ?  (Read 7545 times)

Offline strongnfast8058

• Apprentice Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« on: April 13, 2004, 07:20:14 PM »
I have only had my busa for a couple months. I am wanting an exhaust bad but I am stuck trying to figure out if I want full exhaust or slip ons. A full ehaust is only like 100$ more than slip ons. I was wondering if anyone has a full rs3 system and could tell me how much more power it provides the bike? Also what has to be done to the bike after it's put on......like it has to be remapped or what? I am kinda unsure of how to put it on and wanna make sure and do it right......any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline atticdog

• Post Master
  • RIP DaveO my friend
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 08:10:53 PM »
Check out the BDE Gen 3
http://www.veltune.com/

and it comes with a map that will make your bike run great
01 Black/Silver,08 GSXR fork/wheels, Pyramid DB, Corbin seat, gsxr1K footpegs, spedo healer, PCIII USB, 6 over Trac arm and Boosted!!

Offline atticdog

• Post Master
  • RIP DaveO my friend
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:41 PM »
also you will need a pc2 or pc3r depending on what year your bike is.
I just sold my yosh slipons and installed this pipe last week bike runs and sounds awesome now
01 Black/Silver,08 GSXR fork/wheels, Pyramid DB, Corbin seat, gsxr1K footpegs, spedo healer, PCIII USB, 6 over Trac arm and Boosted!!

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 09:18:10 PM »
Jason,

Glad your happy with the Gen 3!!!

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline atticdog

• Post Master
  • RIP DaveO my friend
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 09:20:05 PM »
Looks great dave
Thanx again

Offline motoman

• Apprentice Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »
With the Yosh pipes, you can use the Yosh EMS system and you don't need a PCII/III.  Correct?

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 06:37:05 PM »
Well... yeah... but the Yosh EMS is more expensive, and less widely used - though it is a better system. There are plenty of maps out there for the PC2/3. The fact that it's a Yosh box and Yosh exhaust don't offer any improvement over using the PC. You need a piggy-back fuel management system tho.
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 11:57:16 AM »
I have a full YoshRS3 race only (there are a bunch of pipes they call RS3), box mod, and PC2. The bike has made 165hp corected on two different dynos. The Yosh may give up a couple peak ponies but holds more power (from what I have seen) across a wider rpm range. The fit and finish is nearly perfect and you wont melt any plastic. The bike sounds healthy but not obnoxious. If you go this route and need a map, feel free to email me.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 01:02:48 PM »
I have a full-Ti RS-3 Race Duplex Yosh and wouldn't take anything for it! I believe that the header crossovers must be the big secret in this system. Like Powerstroke said, there are RS-3 Yoshes and then there are RS-3 YOSHES. This system new was close to $1,700 retail and it shows.

Offline motoman

• Apprentice Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 06:10:40 PM »
I am thinking about getting the Yosh 4-2-1 tri-oval for max weight savings and looks.  Any comments/issues with this?

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 09:01:43 PM »
Mine actuallydoesnt have the cross over tube but is a stainless RS3 race only. Their have just been a whole lot of different RS3's
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »
I would recommend the Akrapovic Evolution, full titanium, tapered headers, crossover tubes, entire system weighs 9 lbs., unmatched build quality, and one of the best for power. I just installed one on my Busa.    8)

Offline motoman

• Apprentice Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 11:24:30 PM »
Quote from: 02SE
I would recommend the Akrapovic Evolution, full titanium, tapered headers, crossover tubes, entire system weighs 9 lbs., unmatched build quality, and one of the best for power. I just installed one on my Busa.    8)

Yeah, I know.  But by getting the Yosh, I could also buy all my gas for a year.   I never felt that the Busa had a problem with power, and I'd rather put the extra dough into suspension mods, where I think it DOES have a problem.

Offline Loc-Nar

• Post Master
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 06:33:40 PM »
Quote from: 02SE

What about Yoshimura Tri-Oval Dual Tip All Titanium System, whats the weight on that?
Friends WOULD NEVER ALLOW Friends to vote for a lib/dem. Stupity is no Excuse for it. Only ignorance lets you.

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 04:53:11 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Demeanor
I have a full YoshRS3 race only (there are a bunch of pipes they call RS3), box mod, and PC2. The bike has made 165hp corected on two different dynos. The Yosh may give up a couple peak ponies but holds more power (from what I have seen) across a wider rpm range. The fit and finish is nearly perfect and you wont melt any plastic. The bike sounds healthy but not obnoxious. If you go this route and need a map, feel free to email me.

Yup, I have a Yosh RS/3 Duplez race pipe(RS/3 is the can type, a oval race can) My bike has made 168hp on the dyno with a BMC race filter, small box mod,and tuned with a onboard A/F meter with a wide band sensor

Offline 65hemi

• Rider
Re: yoshimura advice ?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »
It's a no-brainer.  The full exhaust will get you more horsepower, a better sound (there's nothing like the sound of a 4 into 1 exhaust system), and will weigh about 20 pounds less than the stock exhaust.  The Yoshimura full exhaust for the Hayabusa has the best bottom-end and mid-range power - that's what you use the most on the street.

Doc

I have only had my busa for a couple months. I am wanting an exhaust bad but I am stuck trying to figure out if I want full exhaust or slip ons. A full ehaust is only like 100$ more than slip ons. I was wondering if anyone has a full rs3 system and could tell me how much more power it provides the bike? Also what has to be done to the bike after it's put on......like it has to be remapped or what? I am kinda unsure of how to put it on and wanna make sure and do it right......any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Tybalt71

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 03:21:40 PM »
I am running the YOSH RS3 full Ti(look at avatar) with the 3r powercommnader, im getting 165 HP rear and i say that this is the nicest sounding exhaust out there!, low, mids , high, however i kept the headers and upgraded to the YOSH DUAL TIP TRI OVAL. It is even sweeter! :thumb: 8)    I just upgraded to the YOSH bOX as well and took off my 3r. the Yosh box is by far a better tool and more precise and hands on tuning! I have not dynoed the new exhaust with the yosh box and tri oval full. I estimate with all my engine work, tuning, Yosh system exhaust, Yosh pistons complete, cams,  velocity stacks etc, estimate = 185- 195 HP! :D

dkariores

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
I have a rs-3 carbon system I just took off my bike, I like it alot, it was alot lighter than the stock, and gave the bike (with the power commander) about a 7-9 hp increase, I only took it off my bike cause I like drag racing a little more than street riding and wanted a exhaust that was more suited to what I was trying to do!

I was very happy with my yosh in the time I had it.

If you are open minded to the idea, Ti Force Sumo is a great exhaust too...