Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Muzzy air shifter Help please  (Read 5734 times)

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
Muzzy air shifter Help please
« on: April 18, 2004, 01:18:16 AM »
Need some help here installing the muzzy high pressure air shifter. I got it all done except I am having trouble with the two wires comming out of the digi kill unit. The red with white strip and the white with the red stripe that goes to the fuel power line yellow with red stripe. The wires have connectors on them but cant seem to find where thet go. Anybody hook one of these up I would sure appriecate any help.
Thanks
01 Turbo Busa Blue & Silver (sold)
07 gsxr 1k Black & orange

Offline Lost Password

• Rider
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 06:58:22 AM »
Hey 01, how ya been? (used to be Undertaker).
Call Johnny Cheese on Monday or ping him here online and I know he can answser your Muzzy shifter questions.

LP

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:00:11 PM »
Hey UT.
Doing okay if I can get this shifter figuered out. at work again today its hard to get much done when your working 7 days at 10 hrs a day but I am try to get ready for the next shootout.  Yea I will call muzzy on monday I was trying to get it going by today ( sunday so I can try it out and make sure everthing works.  Are you going to make it to the next shootout.

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »
:(  Has nobody installed the muzzy system with the digi kill ?

come on guys I am dying here, called muzzy this morning at 9 and he did not know, had to go check said he would know tommorow ?
HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPPPP.  Please

Offline lcw

• Rider
    • http://landerscustom.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 06:01:16 PM »
I'm in the middle of installing it myself.  Got the bottle, solenoid, and cylinder mounted, just need to finish up the hoses.  I also started wiring up the Digikill.  I didn't buy Muzzy's kit, but I do have the Digikill box.  I'm almost to the point you're at, figuring out where the fuel wires go.  If I figure anything out tonight, I'll post...
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 06:55:57 PM »
Thanks alot, if you have trouble also I will be calling muzzy back tommorow, and I can let you know what they said. It is just the two red and white wires that I question. What year is your bike.

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 10:23:47 PM »
Mine is an '03, which according to the instructions should be the same as the '01 regarding the fuel cutoff wiring.  According to the instructions, the Red/White wire on the Digi-kill should connect to the yellow/red wire coming FROM the harness, and the White/Red wire on the Digi-kill should connect to the yellow/red wire going TO the injectors.  In other words, first locate the injector harness.  I snapped a pic of what I'm thinking is the correct harness (found under the tank near the fuel rail):

The yellow/red wires are connected via the harness.  What I plan on doing is snipping the yellow/red on each side of the harness, and connecting according to the instructions.  So after wiring, the harness will have the stubs hanging.  Instead of the signal going straight to the injectors, it goes thru the Digikill instead.

I didn't have time to get that far tonight, but that's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow night, after looking around a little more.

Hope that helps...

:?:
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 10:34:17 PM »
Yes thar makes sence to me but why did they put those white connectors on the ends of the red and white wires though ? Thanks, I will call muzzy and let you know what they say.

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 10:40:35 PM »
Mine don't have connectors on the end.  None of the wires coming out of the Digi-kill had connectors.  I guess a change in packaging?

:|
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 01:44:32 PM »
You are right muzzy said to do the same thing you said. the white connectore that are on mine wires are for the zx-12 hook up. Thanks for the help , will finish mine tonight after work and see what happens.

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 12:45:55 AM »
Well, I did what I posted above, seems to work for the hot laps I just did in the neighborhood.  Hopefully I'll make it out to the track tomorrow night to see how it goes at WOT...

:wink:
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 04:36:44 AM »
Well I also did what you did however mine does not work  :x  The lights flash on when the key turns on but they dont stay on does yours ( lights stay on)? The horn works when in the horn position but when I switch it to the shifter the horn does not work and the shifter does not work. Just had bottle filled today doubled checked all wiring connections everything seems hooked up right just no shifts  :evil:  Guess I call muzzy again, not sure what to try now?

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »
Damn, that sucks.  No, my lights don't stay on, just flash when the key is turned on.  I didn't wire the horn to a selectable switch - I'm getting rid of the horn anyway (don't ride this one on the street), I'm just running one side of the switch to ground, other side to the green input wire on the Digikill.  Did you test your button trigger wire?  It should be continuous to ground when the button is pushed.  That's where I would start...
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 09:23:15 AM »
Thanks I will look into that, i am still going to try and call johnny chesse and or muzzy also. Thanks for the help,  will let you know what I find.

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 04:18:04 PM »
Any progress?

:?:
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 06:05:58 PM »
Nope  :evil:  three days of phone tag with muzzy trying to check and find whats wrong. Wires are right air is good no work, they are sending me another digi-kill box overnight and should be here Fri morning at 9:00.  I hope thats the problem everything else has been checked out. I really hope this works,I am going to the Tx shootout Sat, so it does not give me much time to get it going and to try it out. Did you go to the track, and how did it work there ?

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 06:15:04 PM »
Damn, hopefully that's the problem.

Yeah, I went last night after work.  The shifter worked just fine, but I was so tired, I didn't run worth a damn.  Kept hitting the rev limiter in various gears, just not paying attention. :roll: It's weird, without having my feet on the pegs, knowing when to shift is less instinctive.  Gotta get used to it.  Guess it's time to put that shift light on...

Good luck man...
-kml

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 07:05:09 PM »
Well its about time but its working now. Muzzy sent me a new kill box overnight, got up hooked it all back up and same thing it did not work. after a lot of searching and checking different things, the two wires going to the selector were switched. The instructuions were wrong and the connectors were wrong, had to jump them to find out. Anyway it is working and it is really smooth. I love it. Yea i know what you mean I have ordered the rapter shift light from street and track hope it will get here soon. going to tx shootout on sat so I will really test it out there. thanks for your help.

Offline lcw

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 02:42:40 AM »
No problem, glad you got it fingered out.  I made some passes again tonight, the shifter's still working great, but I'm still hitting the rev limiter in some gears (usually 1st to 2nd).  Still need to adjust to not putting my feet on the pegs.  I have a Harlan, just haven't installed it yet.  I will before next Wednesday.  Good luck at the shootout....

:D
-kml