Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much oil does your busa take?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline bjocar195

• Apprentice Post Whore
How much oil does your busa take?
« on: May 09, 2004, 02:04:54 PM »
Seems like mine will come down to the lower limit in the inspection window before service interval ( 3750 miles) ! :?

Offline bjocar195

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 02:11:59 PM »
I' m using Motul synthetic 15 - 50.

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:51:25 PM »
My 99 Busa doesn't burn or leak any oil so I never have to add oil between filter and oil changes. I always go at least 4,000 but sometimes as much as 5,000 miles between oil and filter changes and have always used Quaker State 10/40 except for two summers when I used Mobil 15/50 synthetic. I'd like to use the Mobil synthetic every summer but it's just too expensive for me. I've had tremendous success with Quaker State 10/40 in every engine I've used it in and that's literally dozens and dozens of engines. None developed any oil burning or engine issues when using Quaker State however my 2nd gen CCT failed only 1,500 miles into the use of Mobil 15/50 synthetic oil. Coincidence? Probably, but the synthetic oil may have allowed the backpressure on the CCT plunger to slide back easier through better lubrication applying even more pressure on the already poorly designed CCT spring. I don't blame the oil though, the 1st and 2nd gen CCT's were destined to fail with usage due to that particular spring design alone.

Offline DanMan1300R

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 09:09:23 PM »
Isn't switching from synthetic back to regular damaging to your engine gaskets? I thought the rule was once you go synthetic, you have to stay synthetic.