Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yosh vs. BDE Gen 3 comparisons.  (Read 4277 times)

Offline roadczar

• Rider
    • http://www.roadczar.com
Yosh vs. BDE Gen 3 comparisons.
« on: May 17, 2004, 07:58:24 AM »
Does anyone have dyno charts comparing Yoshimura TRS to BDE Gen 3 for a stock Hayabusa with only mapping changes?

I am especially curious how they compare on the midrange.

Thanks.

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 06:06:47 PM »
Someone just made a mention of the Yosh RS-3 race system verses the BDE "If I remember right". I believe it was in the All Motor section.

Mark
Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 06:12:52 PM »
Below is what this gentleman had to say.Mark

geoff

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: bde gen3 suck  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 My apologies for the strong subject wording to all you bde3 fans,but it will get some people reading this post.I have just removed a rs3 yoshi duplex system and fitted the gen3 hindle,the reason for this was the quest for more hp,after researching on this site and a few others the so called facts i could gather were that the gen3 was good for 5to9 hp over the yoshi.By the way the boys at brocks claim a 9hp gain over yoshi.Now the good news to yoshi owners it makes 2-4hp less up to7500rpm and only just matches theyoshi to peak,the only gain is that power at top end is extended an extra 300rpm.I live in australia and have talked to brocks about this delema there only comment has been it should be better something must be wrong?To all the experts out there who will reply to this all i can say to the obvious questions of have you done this ,have you done that the answer is yes ,the guy doing the mapping does know his stuff.The simple point i am making is that we will never see a9hp gain over the yoshi .Please any feedback would be appreciated i would love to see more hp out of the hindle and not to have wasted both time and money on the exersise.

Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline roadczar

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 06:22:52 PM »
Thanks. I saw that post. I thought that Brock replied that it turned out not to be the Gen 3.

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 06:40:31 AM »
no pipe makes 9 more horse over the other
havent even seen this on a 1390 motor either

Offline roadczar

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 07:25:51 AM »
I am not really looking for a screamer pipe with a couple of extra ponies on top. I am more interested in some improvement over the whole power band without too much obnoxious noise.

The more research I do about Yoshimura the more it seems like the exhaust for me. My experience with Yosh on other bike was very good. On Hayabusa it seems to have a bad rap.

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 02:38:17 PM »
On a stock motor I agree with Motorhead about no pipe makes 9 more HP than another. On a wild motor all that changes. Seen it with my own eyes on the dyno, did a pipe change and BAM 7 more HP over one of the best pipes out. No other changes were made took one pipe off and put the other one on. 7 HP. I will say this. The pipe that made 7 HP cannot be bought. It was a 1 off handmade deal!

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »
Quote from: roadczar
I am not really looking for a screamer pipe with a couple of extra ponies on top. I am more interested in some improvement over the whole power band without too much obnoxious noise.

The more research I do about Yoshimura the more it seems like the exhaust for me. My experience with Yosh on other bike was very good. On Hayabusa it seems to have a bad rap.

the bad rap come from people trying to be cheap and buying Yosh's econo pipe the "Zyglote" all it has to offer is a little noise and a weight savings. the good news is it is cheap and doesn't need to be tuned to work properly. it was intended for the guy on a budget.

Now the RS/3 duplex is a total different story, you can get a easy mid to high 160hp with a BMC filter and a small box mod with one. (I know, mine makes 168) I think it is the most street worthy pipe so far with a ton of upper low end and mid range power, as well as a decent punch in the upper range. If you want a dyno queen you may be able to find 2 to 4 more HP with a Akro or other pipe but the RS/3 or the TRS duplex is a full range race pipe. Plus the fit is stock like and it is easy to install

Offline roadczar

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 12:04:33 AM »
Quote from: Gixxer1300r
Quote from: roadczar

the bad rap come from people trying to be cheap and buying Yosh's econo pipe the "Zyglote" all it has to offer is a little noise and a weight savings. the good news is it is cheap and doesn't need to be tuned to work properly. it was intended for the guy on a budget.

Now the RS/3 duplex is a total different story, you can get a easy mid to high 160hp with a BMC filter and a small box mod with one. (I know, mine makes 168) I think it is the most street worthy pipe so far with a ton of upper low end and mid range power, as well as a decent punch in the upper range. If you want a dyno queen you may be able to find 2 to 4 more HP with a Akro or other pipe but the RS/3 or the TRS duplex is a full range race pipe. Plus the fit is stock like and it is easy to install

Thanks for confirming; I will be installing Yosh TRS Duplex this weekend.
 :thumb: