Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Frame sliders  (Read 7986 times)

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
Frame sliders
« on: May 18, 2004, 03:22:34 PM »
Does anyone have them on their busa, and if so, do you have close up pids?  I want to see how much the fairings have to be cut to install them, and if they look like shit once they are on.
Intercooled MCXpress 58/12 twin entry power

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
Frame sliders
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 06:10:04 PM »
I don't have pictures but, I put Polished Alum. sliders on my bike. I had to cut I think 1 1/2" holes but with careful measurement they fit tight.

Mark your holes with antiseize on the new longer bolts. Also measure from the body mounting hole near the engine mount. When I cut the holes, I made small pilot holes then I put masking tape on the outside and used a hole saw from the inside. Do not rush the saw. Then I cleaned up the holes with a hobby knife A.K.A #11 blade.

I think they look good,
Mark
Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline omgang

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:52:36 AM »
Yag', I've got a set of sliders that I have not installed yet.  Planning to do it sometime soon.  You're welcome to join me for the install if you'd like to see it first hand.

OM Gang

Offline Orange_Busa

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 04:13:04 PM »
Got some on mine, nothing to acually see the hole close up, but you can see what I have, just click on the link in my sig.

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:21:01 PM »
Quote from: omgang
Yag', I've got a set of sliders that I have not installed yet.  Planning to do it sometime soon.  You're welcome to join me for the install if you'd like to see it first hand.

OM Gang

Yeah I would like to check that out... PM me your contact info  :beechug:

Offline benmagne

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 07:00:10 AM »
I have mounted frame sliders on my bike, that does not make it nessesary
to cut in the fairing.  I am att my work now for an annother week, so I do not have pictuers off it,  they arent the prettyest ones around but I,ll gess you can put other brands onn the kit just to make them look better
They are produced by  "bike design"  (i belive) try the www.

reg
Ben
PM,,  I am from Norway.. so pardon my french

Offline CHITOWNBUSA

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 08:22:02 AM »
I HAVE SLIDERS THAT I  INSTALLED, GOT THE INSTALL IDEA FROM A BOARD MEMBER. I JUST TOOK OFF THE FAIRINGS, USED A LAZER POINTER($3-5)  TAPED IT TO THE TOP OF A CAMERA STAND, TOOK OF THE MOTOR MOUNT BOLTS,AIMED IT AT THE CENTER OF THE MOTOR MOUNT HOLES, PUT THE FAIRINGS ALL THE WAY BACK ON , MARKED THE SPOT AND DRILLED.CAME OUT PERFECT!!!!  I HAD THE SLIDERS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRILL TO INSTALL, AND THEY ARE A PEICE OF SHIT!! THEY BOLT-ON USING LONGER FAIRING BOLTS, AND THE FIRST TIME YOUR BIKE GOES DOWN THAT LITTLE BOLT WILL BREAK. THOSE LITTLE EXTENDED FARING BOLTS THAT COMES WITH THAT SLIDER KIT ARE TO SMALL TO SURPPORT THE WEIGHT OF THE BIKE IF IT GOES DOWN , DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY...SEND ME A E-MAIL, I WILL SEND YOU PICS
BLK&SILVER,UNDETECTABLE BY RADAR

Offline benmagne

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 07:16:15 PM »
Chitownbusa.

you are probaply right about the ones that are based on fairingbolt mounting,,  but the ones I mountet are a kind of kit, were you mount a bracket on the engine bolts and then bolt on the sliders on the bracket.

try and search for "bike design" in Europe and you will se photos of it.

reg
Ben
PM,,  I am from Norway.. so pardon my french

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 11:15:12 AM »
Quote from: yagmaster
Quote from: omgang

OM Gang

Yeah I would like to check that out... PM me your contact info  :beechug:

Hey guys, I got Saturdays off finally. I could help do both of them. I like cutting holes in other people's motorcycles. I've done it before. Check out my web site for pics. I used the Intuitive Racing Products Frame sliders. My Hayabusa also had their swingarm spool/sliders and their bar end sliders.
-Kirk

Offline sambusa

• Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:45:12 PM »
Kirk what is the saler of your carbon fiber front fender.

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 03:55:41 AM »
I hope this will help.

[/img]

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
SLIDERS
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 02:53:19 PM »
I HAVE THE SLIDERS ON MY BIKE THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO CUT THE FAIRINGS.... FOR NOW THEY DO THE JOB. I HAVE A PARTNER THAT MAKES THEM. THE DIFFERNCE IS THE FAIRING BOLTS ARE 6MM AND THE ONES THAT ARE ON THE MOUNT ARE 10MM.

I LIKE THE FACT OF NOT CUTTING THE FAIRING ..... SO WHAT WE PLAN ON DOING IS DRILLING THE FAIRING HOLE OUT TO 10MM AND JUST SWICTH THE BOLT TO 10MM.

HE HAS DONE IT WITH ONE OF OUR OTHER PARTNERS BIKE ALREADY.
LOOKS GOOD AND NO CUT FAIRING.

I dont know how to post pics here so go to the link and u can see the slider on the bike and some other pics of the bike

http://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?s=9cbed69446904994f8725219d14539fd;act=ST;f=6;t=15560;hl=sliders
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 08:44:29 PM »
Linkie no workie...   :(

Offline EdC

• Rider
Frame sliders
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 09:08:26 PM »
Yeah - perhaps it is too old and has been archived?

Ed
2003 Hayabusa SE
- HeliBars, Genmar riser, gel grips, Throttle Meister cruise control, Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen, radar detector, Suzuki tank cover, Tobin seats, Buell pegs, Yoshimura R-22s

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
    • ccpowersports
link
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 11:00:24 AM »
i cant get pics to work i could email them to someone and then they could post them...  jgon88@msn.com
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
Frame sliders
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 03:01:32 PM »
Yeah I would really like to not have to cut my fairings to install the frame sliders when I get some... If anyone has pics and sources of the ones that don't require cutting, I would love to see it.

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
    • ccpowersports
SLIDERS
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004, 05:09:22 PM »
LINK IS NOW WORKING ... CHECK PICS OUT WILL TRY TO PUT BETTER PICS ON THERE ... BLU
2002 black n blue.(sold)