Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maxton....June event!  (Read 7823 times)

Offline ScottinGA

• Rider
Maxton....June event!
« on: June 04, 2004, 02:59:02 AM »
Who's planning to attend??? Me and a couple of friends are going....just for the experience....and see the fastest bikes run.....SUZUKI'S!!!  :shock:  :lol:

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:34:54 AM »
AT lease it is "Cheap"! $5.00 to spectate!

Who Knows? I was planning to go to May's event and did not get there. The Only reason I would not make June's event is my own incompetence which I am working very hard to overcome. Last night I started the process of CC the Combustion volume, Combustion Chamber and the Compression Ratio. Tonight I hope to finish that and then start testing the clearances between the valves, pistons and head. I might even get the engine together this weekend and maybe by next weekend start the break in process and setting up the NOS.

I "HOPE" to see you there  :roll:
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline ScottinGA

• Rider
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 11:16:53 AM »
Hi Mr. Hill....I went to the May event to spectate, see what the place looked like and to see some of the bikes run. Saw DaveO make a few runs, TJ, met Guy and NoBusayet. I'll be taking my Busa this time plus a couple of my friends are coming too.....one has a turbo busa and the other has a gsxr 750 with nos....
Hope to see you there!!!  Someone needs to give Guy something to shoot at....get that Kwaki running!!!!  :shock:  :lol:

Scott

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
I Broke it and Need it! CLutch Puller Shaft!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 07:01:06 PM »
I was Out with Randall breaking in the 12 and all of a sudden he waved and pulled over. We have broken the Clutch Release Shaft. Those Schnitz Clutch Springs are close to having a Lock UP. We made less than 100 miles today. SO I am now looking for a better made Shaft. Another Filter and Oil Change, a new Shaft and some remapping and I am back on the road to get to Maxton!

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 05:17:02 PM »
Your Forecast is "EXACTLY" why I was trying so hard to get there in May which is hot enough and would have liked to have been April! Hopefully I can bring some cooler weather so my rag will run it's best?

Offline ScottinGA

• Rider
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 11:15:37 PM »
Have you talked to TJ lately Mr. Hill? How's his recovery coming along?

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 08:39:13 AM »
Quote from: SittingONaRocket
Have you talked to TJ lately Mr. Hill? How's his recovery coming along?

The last news I had was he is back in school and doing OK!

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 11:01:20 AM »
i wish for everyone who attends to have a good time, be safe, and go fast.    I wish i had everything together on my end to make it but it looks as i wont make it back out there until sept.   good luck to alla you fuckers..      :thumb:

Offline TRNorBRN

• Rider
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 12:51:22 PM »
Ease up on those salt tabs :( ! You might end up dehydrating yourself further instead of trying to replenish appropriate electrolytes. Same with Gatorade or any of these other sport drinks which have high osmotic values.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 06:38:25 AM »
Getting ready this morning to take the Pro-Mod to Norwalk for the Prostar event.  Hoping we go a 6.?   we're due a good run.  Hope all at Maxton go fast and have a safe fun weekend.  Keep us up to date who goes how fast.

Professor, let me know how much faster I have to go in October.  Good Luck mean green machine.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 03:00:40 PM »
Everyone is safe "Including me!" My bike made no HP and I have problems and will not be going to Maxton for the June meet. #4 Cylinder has 210 pounds of Cranking pressure and #2 has about 80 and #1 & #3 have "ZERO :( My thought right now is the valves!) I hope to get the head off Sunday and take a look to see "Why & What"! For some reason, the bike ran worse and worse making about 140 HP. Never sprayed and #1 always a problem. No fault codes stored and at first I thought it may have been an Injector on #1 Right now, I am wore out (2AM Last night). There is good news for me, I finally sold the largest House in My mother's estate and settled with 1 of the 4 on my Mal-Pratice Suit that caused me to have 7 operations and walk on crutches for "3" Years I was dissapointed that I did not have time to repaint the tail section, so now that is not a problem (Maybe get the front section made by the same person that made the tail section and paint it GREEN also :)

Offline Bergie

• Rider
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 05:57:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mechanical troubles Vincent.   On the bright side now you have more time to prepare for the next event.  I will be at the next event, on my own bikes; ZX12R running naked and ZX10R running production class.
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 09:17:37 PM »
Quote from: RAC4IT
Sorry to hear about your mechanical troubles Vincent.   On the bright side now you have more time to prepare for the next event.  I will be at the next event, on my own bikes; ZX12R running naked and ZX10R running production class.

Thanks Bergie, I just figured how much real time I spent on the bike doing everything, "8 days" 5 Sundays, Reagan's day off, Thursday this week and 2 Saturday nights. I ordered the Pistons on the 26th of March and got them on the 15 of May. I took the engine out on that following Sunday. It was 2 weeks later before I had the correct Gaskets and sent Cometic back their stuff! The worse part is that even the September meet is only 11 work days away for me! and a few of them I will be out of town so I really have about 8 work days to fix, and paint the bike for September. Remember Old people that are still working every day do not feel like "Working" after they get home from work! 20 to 30 years ago I would get between 16 to 20 hours of sleep per week and feel good! Now I need that some times per night :D:D

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »
Professor,

I know that you will get a handle on your problems and return victorious in September.  See you soon,

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 08:18:11 PM »
Quote from: 2fast4u2c
Professor,

I know that you will get a handle on your problems and return victorious in September.  See you soon,

Guy

I just guess I wanted to wait for you to get there! :D I was able to carefully check my combustion Volume and ratio today (With the engine on the floor so I could see into the spark plug hole and I ended up with 26.9 CC Chamber and 339.8 total volume for 12.6 ratio! "Only 1 full point more than what I wanted". SO it looks like the .080 spacer and to the floor again the check. (I wondered how I could have 210 PSI Cold cylinder pressure  :roll: )

I will be in Toledo July 4th and 5th and leave the 6th! Send me a PM and I will give you a hollor. We will be there with Peggy's Mini "S"

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 09:18:23 AM »
Professor,

My wife Dianna and I will be in Cortland, NY for the forth weekend to see her parents.  But, if you go to 5150 E. Angola ave. (just behind carpets by Otto off reynolds)  you could stop in and say Hi to my cousin Mike Caputo at the shop.  Maximum Performance Cycles.  We did pretty good at Norwalk last weekend and went to the finals in Pro-Mod.  Mike went a 6.90 @ 201.7mph against Charlie Farrars 6.77.  Damn good race too!  Now there are 2 Caputo's over 200mph in the family!

Sorry I'm going to miss you.  I heard you sold the house.  I will be in Goliad, TX for the October meet the weekend after the Prostar Memphis meet.  Then it's off to Maxton for the final October meet (if my motor is still together) to try and break 226mph.  I really want Joe Amos record speed.  I know it's not Bonneville, but it's the best I can muster.

Talk to you soon,

Guy

PS,
I've already lost 8lbs since May and hope to be 20lbs lighter by October.  I don't where else to get lighter.  Except of course to install CF wheels.  But 4K is a bit pricey for me.
Official Site Supporter

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Maxton....June event!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 09:56:09 AM »
I know that area! Angola road off of Route 2 "Airport Highway" and then the hard left and right at the end by Reynolds. My Mons house is on "Centennial Road" across from that estate that built the houses where GlenGary Country Club once was (And I caddie there) The Gray and white house directly across from the entrance! Sorry to miss you, but like you I am not home to be with Family and Friends! I will stop by!