Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Speedo Electricals  (Read 2909 times)

Offline quadb0y

• Rider
Speedo Electricals
« on: June 24, 2004, 03:07:09 AM »
OK,
My streetfighter project is moving along nicely, The wiring harness is next to be customised. There's not enough room for the stock speedo so it's up for replacement.

I need to still use the FI & Oil pressure LEDs to know if something is wrong. Fuel & neutral would be nice but not necessary.

Has anyone fiddled around with the wiring of the stock speedo ? I've checked through the wiring diagrams from the service manual, they were a great help but still not enough.

Another idea I had was I could create my own circuit from the Oil Pressure sensor and ground, then when this circuit closes my LED will light .. but I'm not 100% sure if that's how this sensor works. It's a single back to the harness.

The FI is a tricky one, I suspect it comes from 1 of 2 wires direct from ECU to speedo .. Yellow/Blue or Black/Green. But Y/Bl is +0.9V and B/G is +5V whether (ignition on) the kill switch is on/off, or the FI LED is ON or off (pulling a wire from throttle bodies to trip). So I can't detect from these when the FI LED should be lit.

Any ideas ?