Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Installing cams, NEED HELP!!!  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Birdoprey

• Post Master
Installing cams, NEED HELP!!!
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:04:42 PM »
I'm installing stk cams in an 00 Busa and need some info...

The manual says to line the #1 mark on the EXH cam with the gasket surface of the head(where the valve covers bolts up). That does not work! I can get it just below the surface or just above the surface. Its closest being just below(more advanced). The #2 on the exh cam should be straight up. Well, again i can go one or the other(just before or just past). The # 3 on the EXH cam is RIGHT ON the gasket surface(dunno if it needs to be). The # 3 on the INT cam is 15 pins back from the #2 on the EXH cam. The #3 on the INT will not line up either.
 Where should i put it??? Right now i have the #1 on the EXH just below the gasket surface.

I NEED HELP!!!
-Mark
 9.995 @ 142(1.771 60')Totally stk. (04 Busa)
 9.482 @ 144.89(1.523 60')Strapped, lowered, 16/40, BMC, Stk cans removed. Stk arm, and everything else
 9.251 @ 152.69(1.547 60'). A&J dry shot. All else same as above

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
Installing cams, NEED HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:39:25 PM »

Offline Rodomontade

• Post Whore
  • Trying But Failing
Re: Installing cams, NEED HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 11:12:15 PM »
Quote from: Birdoprey
I'm installing stk cams in an 00 Busa and need some info...

The manual says to line the #1 mark on the EXH cam with the gasket surface of the head(where the valve covers bolts up). That does not work! I can get it just below the surface or just above the surface. Its closest being just below(more advanced). The #2 on the exh cam should be straight up. Well, again i can go one or the other(just before or just past). The # 3 on the EXH cam is RIGHT ON the gasket surface(dunno if it needs to be). The # 3 on the INT cam is 15 pins back from the #2 on the EXH cam. The #3 on the INT will not line up either.
 Where should i put it??? Right now i have the #1 on the EXH just below the gasket surface.

I NEED HELP!!!

You sure the drive sprocket on the end of the crank is on correct?
I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!