Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: tuner used Yosh clicker box, not my PCIIIr to tune, ?'s  (Read 1061 times)

Offline TulBusa

• Rider
tuner used Yosh clicker box, not my PCIIIr to tune, ?'s
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »
I have Brock's BDEIII Hindle, PAIR mod/removal, and air box mod with a PCIIIr.  I realize Brock's maps are pretty good, but I wanted to get the bike running optimal, so the only way to do that is to get it tuned.  My tuner said the bike would go faster if he didn't tune it with the PCIIIr and it wasn't needed unless I was using NOS or had major engine work, so he used the Yosh clicker(I think that's what it is called?).  My tuner is a highly respected Busa engine builder, so I figure he knows his stuff.  I ended up with 173.04 hp and 104 tq.  Anyway, my question is, was the stock ECM modified and if I wanted to, could I plug the PCIIIr back up and it would run just like it did before with Brock's map?  Thanks!
2004 Hayabusa blue/silver

Offline TulBusa

• Rider
Re: tuner used Yosh clicker box, not my PCIIIr to tune, ?'s
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26:53 PM »
I see what your saying, but I would really like to understand exactly what your talking about.  So if I hooked the PCIIIr back up, how would it run and would it run off the map I have in it?

So what your saying is that the "stock" ECM setting are changed and if I wanted to hook up the PCIIIr, it would have to be re-tuned with the PCIIIr because the initial settings are off?

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »
So what your saying is that the "stock" ECM setting are changed and if I wanted to hook up the PCIIIr, it would have to be re-tuned with the PCIIIr because the initial settings are off?

Yes ... the Yosh clicker reburns the setting into the ECU ... so that is now your new baseline.  Tune from that point, or have the ECU set back to stock settings.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline TulBusa

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 07:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the help.  Pretty simple easy question, just wanted to make sure I was understanding.  I love to have new knowledge about the Busa!

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:02:44 PM »
Glad ypu understand.