Offline scott g

• Post Master
« on: August 02, 2004, 07:07:30 PM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:59:33 PM by scott g »

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
GUTHRIE 246+ MPH IN 9/10 MILE
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 09:48:01 AM »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: Thats One Fast Scooter!

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 12:56:36 AM »
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline pooh

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 07:15:41 AM »
Damn  :shock:

Offline HighOnBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 08:37:22 AM »
MaNice !    :!:  :!:  :!:  :twisted:
One cannot answer for his Courage, When he has never been in Danger...................

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:06:43 AM »
Damn what? :?

MaNice What? :?

The Powers that be (Big Brother) must have given the thumbs down on the Speed Kings verbal thrashing! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Or maybe just a little guilt ridden :oops:? Nope I don't think so.

And I thought the ZX-12 org. and LA Busa sites had an agenda! Oh no I might be deleted or band :cry: from this sight if I voice to much of my opinion.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 10:17:02 AM »
Look around it is still in the Turbo Section..
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline NCDRAGSTER

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 01:37:59 PM »
Scott Guthrie is a good friend of mine. I met him a little over 4 years ago when I first got into LSR. Right from the start Scott helped me with my program. When my finances would not allow me to run my own LSR operation, Scott stepped in as the best sponsor anyone could hope to have. Without Scott’s help and support I would not be in land speed racing today. I also would have not been in a position to ride Rich Yancy’s bike if Scott had not kept me riding (and on some fast stuff that he works on, rides and tunes). Over the last few years I have seen Scott help a lot of riders to go faster, many who were going after records he held. There have been times I have been riding Rich Yancy’s bike Scott has worked with me to go faster even when we were both running after the same record. Actions of a selfish person, not in my book.
When I first went fast on Rich Yancy’s bike, Noonan (never having met me or Rich Yancy) posted a reply implying we were cheating. The need to tarnish the greatest day I had to that point? I don’t know, never have understood it, but I’m seeing it again. Scott has worked hard through out his extremely long and dedicated LSR career to one day be the fastest guy. This is his time to shine in the sun. As all racers know, Glory is hard fought to achieve and short lived by it’s own nature. To post such a vicious personal attack on a man during his greatest hour is terribly wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself John.
I am proud to have Scott Guthrie as my friend and fellow competitor.
Wayne Pollack
PS John,
I just noticed in the original abusive letter you stated Scott had offered you $10K to ride your bike, in your revised version you say it was $5K? Having trouble keeping stories straight? What was it you said “OK here it is, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »
The reason I posted this picture is, for everyone to see just who he is talking to! At the Start line where you need to really Focus, Gutherie was going over what he had seen in everyone's ride that he felt would improve their runs. Look at these guys! We are old, young and in between! Riding everything from the ZX12 to a Harley. Look around, do you see anyone else standing near to give advice? He was the only person that would come up to me after a run and tell me what he saw and what he suggested. Most of the time, it was advice I could not use at the time because I was not good enough to need it. But whith him havine me sit on his bike and saying what he said, I was in a personal battle with one of his bikes back and forth with 50 less HP at the time I made the 199.353 MPH Run. The new guy with Gutherie's and and Wayne's help Joined the 200 MPH club the first time out and gave our sport a nice magazine article to boot.

So if you think he does not deserve some praise, Ask the people where he rides what they think about him! Some of this sort of looks like the current state of affairs in this country? Someone that ducked real military service and did not show up all of the time for what he was doing and first attacked a Real Hero in his own party that was in prison for many years that could have gone free is now attacking the record of someone that really went to battle and got 4 purple hearts and has 10 good men that really served with him while others that were not on the same ship are telling lies on him and the 10 good men that served with him!  

I guess that is what some of this country have gotten down to :(

BTW, I am going to Walter Reed Army Medical Center tonight for the second time to see 2 guys I do not knw that were in an HumVee that got blown USD and they were under water for between 5 to 10 minutes before they got them out (The Armored HV Is not easy to get out of) they were both in a coma at the time and today I spoke to one of them. A person I have never Met but know from another board that is in Iraq called me and asked me to take a look for him! SO I am going again tonight!
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man