Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Amo goes 240 at Bonneville  (Read 20087 times)

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
Amo goes 240 at Bonneville
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2004, 10:49:14 PM »
Scott--I think he is alluding to the fact that it states that one hour is the time limit,but nothing about the fact that this time, passing the impound area to pick me up on the long course return road, disqualified him from a record return run.He did "present" at impound within the hour limit.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2004, 11:17:25 PM »
yes that is exactly what happened.   We had 2 riders on the course.  me on the short and hank on the long with only 1 trailer available to pick us both up.    coincidentally hank and i both made our runs at nearly the same time so the person picking us up then had double the job to do and nearly 10 miles of driving to pick us both up.  I was picked up first and dropped off at the scta trailers as jason went to pick up hank on the long course.  We had the record paperwork completely filled out before the jason and the trailer got back.   the record was disqualified because the bike was still in the trailer and currently on its way back although we did have the bike back at impound within 30 min after the pass was made.  the officials stated that the bike was not allowed to be in the trailer and should have come straight to impound after the run, not passing impound in the trailer to pick up another rider / bike on the long course.    screwy deal but oh well.  live and learn.    the rule was not clearly stated in the rule book as it came out of the officials mouth.    there will always be another day though..   I / we / everyone who reads this will know better for next time.  :lol:   i had a great time.  

thanks to hank for providing the experience and some really awesome motorcycles.  every experience carries itself a long way in the future. every person out there is good at what they do...  it takes a heavy "set" to run fast on the salt like that.  wind is your enemy.  

now...  whos got some pics?  :twisted:

Offline RZ350

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2004, 01:59:45 AM »
I'll post more later....

Chris, Erik, Me, Brian, Hank, Jerry sitting....

1650CC APS-BG  record, 236.814 MPH at Bonneville.

242 MPH GPS

Offline RZ350

• Post Master
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2004, 02:01:02 AM »
And no, I'm not standing in a hole!!! :lol:  :lol:
1650CC APS-BG  record, 236.814 MPH at Bonneville.

242 MPH GPS

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2004, 04:58:14 PM »
Awesome speed Joe!!! :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2004, 11:20:59 PM »
big thumbs up to joe amo on an outstanding week of incredible speeds. jon , joe and family have worked hard for the last ten years paying their dues. they are a true class act and im proud to say that joe pushed me to get into the two club by running so strong back in 2001.
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2004, 12:45:45 PM »
jason, get real eh!!!

it was the competition from you that forced the records
over 200!!!!

hell of a job for you at speedweek,  6 freakin records on one bike
and ya let a seventh get away,  a true testament to you, Carp and your
whole teams expertise,  way to build a strong and reliable platform,
what pistons were ya running?

Joe
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2004, 01:13:44 PM »
thanks joe!! our gas  engine was completely stock except for a web intake cam. out fuel engine was stock except for web intake and exhaust cams. next meet we will bring out the good engines!!!!
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2004, 02:26:18 PM »
Just got back from my trip to northern Cal., this is my first chance to post.

It was cool meeting more people from the board.

Fastgixx (Chris)
RZ350 (Troy)
Erik (MC-Xpress)
Christer Johanssen (responsible for Hank's 685 hp turboBusa) :shock:  8)
Jasontmc
Joea

And it was cool to see the people I already knew.

Hank
Danno
Rickster

RZ350, sorry the work to get the ZX-10 ready was in vain due to the weather. I guess you'll have to make another trip out here. 8)

Going out to Bonneville is becoming addictive.