Offline scott g

• Post Master
« on: August 20, 2004, 04:05:13 PM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:00:40 PM by scott g »

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
SAM WHEELER- 332 MPH , NEW ABSOLUTE SPEED RECORD
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 09:36:24 PM »

I hate to say this (No I do not :D) but it seems like to go fast lately, #1 you need to be sort of Old bike and person  :roll: #2, It seems to help if you Have A Kawasaki (A ZX11 1990 or ZX10 1989 vintage) #3 A Turbo of which Terry Kiser owner of Mr. Turbo seems to be "Da Man" right now. First Scott G going 251+ on a Bus powered by Mr. Turbo and then the Absolute Land speed record for Motorcycles all in about 2 to 3 weeks! I do not know what turbo set up is in JoeA bike, but it certainly is an old bike and a Kawasaki!  Joe, are you over 50? :D:D
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 10:15:30 PM »
Joe is much younger than 50 and DID run that brand of Turbo system last year from Terry..I will let Joe "tell" you the results if he wants too.

I do know that he has a complete new turbo system on the bike with an innercooler and fuel injection so I don't think it is the same system he had issues with last year.

Congrats Sam, Well deserved and truly amazing, I like others am sure sad we did not get to see history being made..

Here is the posting from yesterday when he did it.. :beechug:

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=32172&sid=8c437a52fa13c9a648b48385973ed8db
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 08:21:41 AM »
Thanks, it looks like he had the "OLD" in the bike part and type.  It seems like Mr. Turbo is the "Starting" point and is up to the tuners to make it work with some guidence from him. It is not a Turn Key operation, but neither is Land Speed Racing either. After this year I will be looking into Rotrex Supercharger for my bike and go after some other records.

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 08:29:25 AM »
DAT IS SMOOKIN!!! :yes:

Offline MET

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 11:40:50 PM »
Outstanding Congratulations....

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 02:50:34 PM »
Quote from: Ninja Eater
Outstanding Congratulations....

I think that is one Ninja that you will never have a "Taste" of Mr. Ninja Eater! :D:D

You even might have problems with Mine by the End of September :roll:

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 10:12:46 AM »
Yes Sam and Terry Kizer made History
freakin awesome, worlds fastest bike!!!!!!!!!!

I did utilize a complete Mr. Turbo zx11 system,
customized Rajay, and injectors, pump, regulator etc
spec'd by Terry last year,   I had issues with the turbo
bearing coming apart (was new for each meet), and
fueling issues, drivability..........

this year I changed nearly everything to our own stuff except manifold,  and  we went abit faster, and had real nice fueling.........

doesnt mean what I had before wouldnt work, or that what I have now
is better...........

what does it all mean,  well,  I think the world of Terry Kizer as a person
and his passion, and I am very grateful for him helping us out

I guess I look at it like I am abit of an idiot, and I couldnt make a Mr. turbo system that went 334 mph on another application  work well for me

my true belief is that it doesnt matter what you have its what the fluckyou
do with it................like the cards your dealt, family, jobs, spouses,  intellect, brand of bike...............

Vincent I truely believe you have flourished with Kawasaki and represented them outstandingly,  you would do likewise with Mr. Turbo
and Terry Kizer,  you guys were made for each other,  passionate, persistant and  Kawasaki deep in the core,  something to think about..............

Joe :)
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 07:09:55 PM »
JoeA, there is a Lot to what you said. I had no Love for any Brand until one day I saw a light weight bike (That is what they called them in the late 60's) that had 2 exhaust Pipes on one side and 1 on the other and it was cooking! A friend of mine also had a Samuri (250 rotary valve twin). I first got an A7ss Avenger and put the J&R Expansion Chambers and cut the rotary valves and Typhone Air Cleaners and I was hooked that this Kawasaki could beat a Triumph T120 Bonneville. I got the H-1 and then H-2 750 and at BridgeHampton met Kevin Cameron and Gary Nixon, Gary Fisher and a lot of other serious racers. The short of the story is, between Bob Hansen, Gary Nixon, Irve Kannamoto, Pops & Fujio Yoshimura, Pappy Edmondson (Flat Slide Carb inventor) and Rob North I was really in Business. Everybody I knew, Knew about the Kawasaki's and gave me a lot of help. Kawasaki Is the "only" language I ever learned to speak.

Over the years I have seen the engineering differences between Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki. I tried to take the good parts and Ideas from the others and make the Kawasaki faster and more reliable. WHen this season is over, I had planned to look at Mr. Turbo, but now I am going to see what Pierre (Bear Racing in SOuth Africa) can work out with a Rotrex Supercharger. The powerband is a lot easier to control and a lot simpler to install and set up. "Different" has and always seems to be my Middle Name (One of the reasons Eric Buell and I are still good friends today)

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 07:40:17 PM »
TTS in England uses the Rotrex in their kits and has done a Kawasaki, one on the guys on 200MPH.org has it.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 11:34:05 AM »
Quote from: Steve A
TTS in England uses the Rotrex in their kits and has done a Kawasaki, one on the guys on 200MPH.org has it.

Steve A, you missed NOTHING! 100% correctumando. It fits the Busa a lot better than it does the ZX12 which is why Pierre is looking into it. I think it may not be perfect for Drag racing but great for Land SPeed Racing!

Offline landracing

• Rider
    • http://www.landracing.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 08:58:36 AM »
we are making the preps for the first leg of the run right now time of 7:53 am. Sam must prepare on the line then wait for the best time to run, wind less then 3 mph, the sun must be high enough not to give him a problem, he runs first into the rising sun. As he enters the clocks the 2 hour time starts, he must turn around and be thru the last mile clock within the 2 hours. Could be history in the making today. I am at the big end waiting on Sam Arrival, my job is when sam stops the streamliner to first check for fires, pin fire bottles, unhook cool suit, unhook fresh air, then aide sam in getting out of the bike.

Sam is staging right now... could be moments.

Jon