Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I finally raced the VIRTUAL WORKS supra...  (Read 52513 times)

Offline Mark C.

• Apprentice Post Whore
I finally raced the VIRTUAL WORKS supra...
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2004, 03:34:06 PM »
Quote from: ZBlacktt
Quote from: Pat Dietrich
I think i understood 7 words in that first paragraph of marks :duh:  :lol:

Another thing that is hard to Comprehend is a car having 1000Hp. People toss that word out like it's all to common. Cars like that are not running around all over the city. Plus the percentage of people in the world have never even been in something so powerful and would probably shit their pants on a massive freeway pull. I myself have never even been in a 1000hp car ( mines being built ). I done a few 600+rwhp Supra's, a few highly modded GTS Viper's, older muscle cars, SC Mustang's, Vettes of all years, just a variety of cars. Also I guess the bottom line for myself is not the High HP of the car, but to make it usable. There comes a point where to much is to much, lol. Either to much power and out of control all the time or to much lag and the car never spools on the normal streets. My balance is to take it to where it will be powerful, yet usable.

I'll agree with that, many people who don't own supras, even some who do, act like there are hundreds of these things rolling around the streets.  While yes, compared to other cars, we may in fact have the highest power 'per capita', there still aren't tons of them...and it's not as easy as throwing on a turbo and fuel to make power, there is an investment and level of respect you must invest into the car.

Many people with F-Bodies and Mustangs (this isn't an insult, many of my friends have these cars) think that 'oh it's a supra, it should make 800hp, all of them do'  but it's really not like that.  I just like how the car feels, sounds, looks, etc...the same way that the busa (and other bike guys) feel about their rides.  I like racing bikes, and I have absolutely no problem losing to one :)  I'll admit, I haven't lost yet, but that's probably because I've only raced like 2 600's :D  You can bet I'll be on here asking if the south east guys want to have some friendly runs in the near future :)
1995 Supra M6
1994 Supra A4

Offline ZBlacktt

• Rider
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2004, 04:16:04 PM »
Quote from: Mark C.
Quote from: Pat Dietrich
I think i understood 7 words in that first paragraph of marks :duh:  :lol:

Another thing that is hard to Comprehend is a car having 1000Hp. People toss that word out like it's all to common. Cars like that are not running around all over the city. Plus the percentage of people in the world have never even been in something so powerful and would probably shit their pants on a massive freeway pull. I myself have never even been in a 1000hp car ( mines being built ). I done a few 600+rwhp Supra's, a few highly modded GTS Viper's, older muscle cars, SC Mustang's, Vettes of all years, just a variety of cars. Also I guess the bottom line for myself is not the High HP of the car, but to make it usable. There comes a point where to much is to much, lol. Either to much power and out of control all the time or to much lag and the car never spools on the normal streets. My balance is to take it to where it will be powerful, yet usable.

I'll agree with that, many people who don't own supras, even some who do, act like there are hundreds of these things rolling around the streets.  While yes, compared to other cars, we may in fact have the highest power 'per capita', there still aren't tons of them...and it's not as easy as throwing on a turbo and fuel to make power, there is an investment and level of respect you must invest into the car.

Many people with F-Bodies and Mustangs (this isn't an insult, many of my friends have these cars) think that 'oh it's a supra, it should make 800hp, all of them do'  but it's really not like that.  I just like how the car feels, sounds, looks, etc...the same way that the busa (and other bike guys) feel about their rides.  I like racing bikes, and I have absolutely no problem losing to one :)  I'll admit, I haven't lost yet, but that's probably because I've only raced like 2 600's :D  You can bet I'll be on here asking if the south east guys want to have some friendly runs in the near future :)

See, this is what I'd call a serious threat to anything on the road, lol. This a friend of mine heres 300zx converted with a Stroker Chevy 350.
 It's just nasty. Last Dyno sheets I seen where like 980rwhp and 850rwtq at only 28psi.
 The shop owner said he could not turn up the boost anymore, because they where not calibrated to run over 1200rwhp and TQ.
 This car could run 45psi with no issues.
 Clearing 1200 easily. It's so damn loud that at the track, it can not run after 10pm because of state noise ordinance.
 You should see the heads turn when his out on the street driving it, lol.

He has a Supra and a T67 Rx-7 as well.

I took these shots ( his first turbo set up )

1991 300zx TT 400rwhp / 451rwtq  

1994 Supra T 67k miles SP77HO Full turbo kit    

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2004, 04:28:03 PM »
I rode in a 1200hp Viper done at racing Solutions in Houston. 3rd gear roll sits you back hard! I also used to run a Mustang that had around 700-750 that ran 9.4s @ 144. Street driven on pump fuel. 377 ci with a 200 shot. Fun car, and looked almost as good as my bike. :D Loved it and miss it :( That 300 looks awesome!!!!!!!!

Offline ZBlacktt

• Rider
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2004, 07:55:26 PM »
Quote from: nomrlz
Quote from: mk4life

Mike Carlin
98 Supra - 3sp
980rwhp / 746 lb/ft TQ

Look folks, we have another guest speaker with us tonight, lol. Funny how that happens, lol  :lol:

seems some of your teammates don't like ya visiting the other side lines.  :roll:

LOL, yours either  :lol:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226921&perpage=25&pagenumber=2
1991 300zx TT 400rwhp / 451rwtq  

1994 Supra T 67k miles SP77HO Full turbo kit