Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I finally raced the VIRTUAL WORKS supra...  (Read 52465 times)

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
I finally raced the VIRTUAL WORKS supra...
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 12:30:44 AM »
Page 2 :D
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Nomad

• Rider
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 01:09:54 AM »
the foreplay....
Nick fondles his bottles as Dana looks on...

At least you guys know there was a race. Imagine a thread about a race that might happen....

We rode 300 miles there and waited all day not knowing if we were gonna get a race.
then we rode 300miles back AFTER a day of racing.

Hey, is that your grandma's car sonny?
Not all who wander are lost...

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2004, 01:27:09 AM »
please... continue!

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Offline ZBlacktt

• Rider
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2004, 01:39:07 AM »
Quote from: badass1000
Nick.  the bike looks good and is definatly not set up for drag so don't be too disapointed if it is not fast at the strip.  It looks really fast pulling the tire up alot at the strip.   :D
We have a supra in idaho that dynoes 940hp and is really fast.  He ran a 10.4 at 144mph on street tires sliding all over the track.  Unfortunatly because it is fast it is broke down alot.  He just got his rear end back and then blew up the motor before the vegas supra meet.  Thats what happens at 33lbs of boost.

Awh, a lot of your story is missing my friend. Let me help. First off, he did 934rwhp on race gas, N20 froze his FMIC on the 33psi. With a stock short block and a 2.75" downpipe. I take it you know these things because your from his area. His race time is fast, your right. Considering his is a 6 speed and not an automatic ;) Things broke because they where Stock parts. Stock Toyota parts pushing over 900rwhp over and over and over again. Doesn't sound so weak now, does it?  :D  Cheers

Looks something like this:

White 6SPD 1994 GTS-76
618whp pump gas 18-19lbs
808whp race gas 30-31lbs
934whp race gas + n2o on IC and ~33lbs
1991 300zx TT 400rwhp / 451rwtq  

1994 Supra T 67k miles SP77HO Full turbo kit    

Offline 02allblack

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2004, 01:41:40 AM »
so who won the race?? was it from a roll or stop???  damn it I want to play :lol:
2002 Hayabusa SE All Black, boostunlimited turbo system
1990 Mustang LX precision pt61 single turbo

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2004, 01:51:26 AM »
trust me when i tell you... i want to see the video too. after all, i only got a viewing from the back of danas car... but from what i remember, it was pretty fuckin cool. the camera was perfectly positioned and you see everything up close and personal.

i hope they post it soon.

Offline Mark C.

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2004, 01:58:58 AM »
Quote from: Kirk
Mark- Thank you for being an adult. It's not my intention to fling poo.

I said 500 hp "or so". 500 hp, 600hp it makes little difference in how it looks in our mirrors.

It's pretty much accepted that it's going to take just shy of 1000 horsepower to hang with a stock Hayabusa, and the truth is that virtually none of our bikes are stone stock.

As far as race gas goes, keep in mind that the Hayabusa is a sport-TOURING motorcycle. SV Hottie and I did about 2000 miles in one weekend on our way to Laguna Seca and back on our honeymoon. I once rode 1500 miles 'round trip to Tahoe on the spur of the moment. I put whatever burned in my tank from where ever was handy. And at no time was the bike not capable of a solid 9-second quarter-mile AND cracking 200 mph for as long as the gas in the tank would last. I didnt' see any 1200 horsepower Supras in Susanville California.

And I stand by my comments about those cars not being able to hold together in top speed runs. With all due respects, show us a video of a top speed run. Like two miles with the throttle held open. I do not deny that there are Supras that put out a lot of horsepower- long enough to get a dyno reading, or to squirt from 60-160. But that's all I've seen.

Fair enough about the gas...and I do understand what you're saying.  It's just the nature of the beast, if we could fit a viper 8 (or 8.3) liter v10 into our aerodynamically superior chassis with our superior gearing, then maybe pumpgas vs pumpgas races would be possible.  

The 300whp/liter that we need to produce in order to stay with or pull one of your (stock) bikes pretty much mandates the use of higher octane fuel.  Don't take this as a jab, but we get the same arguments from many domestic owners (vipers/vettes/fbodies/mustangs) about race gas...and basically what it comes down to is...let us worry about that.  Don't complain if we win that 'oh well you're running 117MON'  It's just how our cars must be setup to handle running against the larger displacement (obviously) or the MUCH lower weight (obviously).

Again, that's not really directed at you, I know you meant no harm by your comment.

Now for your top end run comment...show me a video of an all-boost supra blowing its motor on a top end run due solely to the fact that it was running stock pistons.  (meaning not running lean or something obviously detrimental to ANY engine)

There aren't very many videos out there of top speed runs for supras period, stock bottom end or otherwise.  Most videos are of races, as you said 60ish to 160ish.  Reason being is that we have usually won or lost by then.  There aren't enough races like the one that just happened.  By the sounds of it, it was a very close race...this, as you know, doesn't happen much...either the bike or car pulls us, or we have won by then.  The winner will then shut down.
1995 Supra M6
1994 Supra A4

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2004, 02:06:38 AM »
How many guys actually run stock pistons on their supras when making big power, and how much can the stock pistons safely take?  Every big hp buildup on a supra I have seen involved aftermarket pistons.
Intercooled MCXpress 58/12 twin entry power

Offline Nomad

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2004, 02:14:36 AM »
The race was from a rolling start. The start line was the edge of the shadow under the first bridge. When your nose crosses into the sunlight you go.

Who won?
Hmmmm..... to answer that, you will have to see the video cos I saw it once and I dont know. It was electrifying.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the car is done at 158mph. That IS the end of the race. So I would need to sit down and watch it a few times to figure out what is happening where.....   thats why there is no simple answer and we are all awaiting the videos.

When i used to race my push bike against the local hardcase, it was the irst guy to the corner store. Now thats a distance race. When ya go to the drag strip, its the guy with the lowest time.

When we ran all the big HP Vipers etc it was up to our top speed of 180mph or so. The cars ran us down at that point. So who won that race?

Personally I feel that if it is close, and it was better than close, it becomes irrelevant who "won". If you really want to figure it out you need to go to the drag strip for the timing equipment. Apart from Danno, we suck at drag racing cos we spend our time tearing up twisties out in beautifull Cali.

I feel that if a there is a car length or two lead then in a street race then ok you can declare a winner..... like in Danno/Daniel race. But the Nick/Dana race... you gotta see this for yourself man.

You gotta realize Nicks bike is bad ass. He leaves me like im riding a 600. Now here is a car that put ina run that has to be seen to be believed and you wanna know who "won"? Who cares! You got the best entertainment in the world heading your way.... stay tuned.
Not all who wander are lost...

Offline 02allblack

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2004, 02:36:38 AM »
I love this stuff....lol.... :lol:
2002 Hayabusa SE All Black, boostunlimited turbo system
1990 Mustang LX precision pt61 single turbo

Offline Mark C.

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2004, 02:44:03 AM »
1995 Supra M6
1994 Supra A4

Offline ZBlacktt

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2004, 02:50:19 AM »
Nick- Again, I'm not trying to clutter the thread. I know that a lot of these guys drive their Supras daily- on pump gas with the boost turned down, and in that condition, they won't pull more than about 500 hp or so, no matter what configuration they are in. Basically, they are on a leash- they can't go any further than their tank of race gas will take them. We go fast on 87 octane. Any time, anywhere. They also can't do top-end stuff without putting the pistons in the pan. That's why we don't see any 225 mph Supra top end runs. They got the gears, they got the horsepower, they got the aeros- but the lower end won't put up with that for any length of time under constant high-load full throttle (top end) use.

So throw up the vid... :)

Hello there, I'm Jerry nice to met you :) I see your from Portland. Very nice. If you'd like to get together sometime and talk about the Supra on what they can and can't do that would be great. I do mean that in a mature fashion too. I can see by your post that your a little shy of what their actually capable of doing or have done. I think in the end we should not loose site that this is a fully weight car Vs a Super sonic Speed bike. That's impressive enough to say the least of what a Supra can do.
1991 300zx TT 400rwhp / 451rwtq  

1994 Supra T 67k miles SP77HO Full turbo kit    

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2004, 04:12:06 AM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno

It's pretty much accepted that it's going to take just shy of 1000 horsepower to hang with a stock Hayabusa, and the truth is that virtually none of our bikes are stone stock.

Kirk, you are wrong. I speak from experience, not speculation, it takes bwtween 8-900 whp to keep up with or slightly pull a stock Busa for a car weighing what a Supra or Viper or Vette weighs with their aeros. At about 160 mph, a lesser hp car will start to catch a stock Busa and eventually overtake it if they have enough gear in it.

danno, are stock supras geared to do 190?

shame on you guys for not tellin me about the lost wages showdown! BTW did ya make any cabbage on the deal er what? didnt lose yer leather did ya  :lol:

sheesh, I be lucky iffin I can find a porch er somthin to race around here you guys got 1000 hp supras?  man-O-man let the good times roll  :lol:  nicky was in heaven....

hey. whats up doc  :lol: say hi to the misses....

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2004, 04:26:24 AM »
Quote from: Nomad
The race was from a rolling start. The start line was the edge of the shadow under the first bridge. When your nose crosses into the sunlight you go.

Who won?
Hmmmm..... to answer that, you will have to see the video cos I saw it once and I dont know. It was electrifying.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that the car is done at 158mph. That IS the end of the race. So I would need to sit down and watch it a few times to figure out what is happening where.....   thats why there is no simple answer and we are all awaiting the videos.

When i used to race my push bike against the local hardcase, it was the irst guy to the corner store. Now thats a distance race. When ya go to the drag strip, its the guy with the lowest time.

When we ran all the big HP Vipers etc it was up to our top speed of 180mph or so. The cars ran us down at that point. So who won that race?

Personally I feel that if it is close, and it was better than close, it becomes irrelevant who "won". If you really want to figure it out you need to go to the drag strip for the timing equipment. Apart from Danno, we suck at drag racing cos we spend our time tearing up twisties out in beautifull Cali.

I feel that if a there is a car length or two lead then in a street race then ok you can declare a winner..... like in Danno/Daniel race. But the Nick/Dana race... you gotta see this for yourself man.

You gotta realize Nicks bike is bad ass. He leaves me like im riding a 600. Now here is a car that put ina run that has to be seen to be believed and you wanna know who "won"? Who cares! You got the best entertainment in the world heading your way.... stay tuned.

I say the supra won cuz nickys usin his clutch, *hint*  power shift nick, just lift a little then kick it up, "no clutch" smooth as silk and saves wear on your tranny...

I would like to chime in here and mention something that hasnt been mentioned yet, it sounds like the supras are set up for the strip, so consider the fact nicks bike is "built" for a road course, and that gives him a major disadvantage at launching... he should at least strap it for such events?

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2004, 06:38:14 AM »
Well, lets post the video already.

Then, no matter what the outcome, (since these guys seem cool as hell)
set up another race with a "streetable" turbo busa. You know there's a couple of them out that way...
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline SUTPHEN77

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2004, 06:45:57 AM »
:zzz:

Offline cpdaddy35

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2004, 08:01:37 AM »
And the suspense builds..  Post that link already!  :evil:  :shock:  :lol:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2004, 08:28:06 AM »
Quote from: Blackhawk
Well, lets post the video already.

Then, no matter what the outcome, (since these guys seem cool as hell)
set up another race with a "streetable" turbo busa. You know there's a couple of them out that way...

Amen...

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2004, 09:26:03 AM »
Quote from: ZBlacktt

Awh, a lot of your story is missing my friend. Let me help. First off, he did 934rwhp on race gas, N20 froze his FMIC on the 33psi. With a stock short block and a 2.75" downpipe. I take it you know these things because your from his area. His race time is fast, your right. Considering his is a 6 speed and not an automatic

White 6SPD 1994 GTS-76
618whp pump gas 18-19lbs
808whp race gas 30-31lbs

Wrong!! Dana's car is an automatic, running a TMH-400
Where'd you get your facts? :roll:  :roll:
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2004, 10:12:11 AM »
Quote from: badass1000
Nick.  the bike looks good and is definatly not set up for drag so don't be too disapointed if it is not fast at the strip.  It looks really fast pulling the tire up alot at the strip.   :D
We have a supra in idaho that dynoes 940hp and is really fast.  He ran a 10.4 at 144mph on street tires sliding all over the track.  Unfortunatly because it is fast it is broke down alot.  He just got his rear end back and then blew up the motor before the vegas supra meet.  Thats what happens at 33lbs of boost.

Awh, a lot of your story is missing my friend. Let me help. First off, he did 934rwhp on race gas, N20 froze his FMIC on the 33psi. With a stock short block and a 2.75" downpipe. I take it you know these things because your from his area. His race time is fast, your right. Considering his is a 6 speed and not an automatic ;) Things broke because they where Stock parts. Stock Toyota parts pushing over 900rwhp over and over and over again. Doesn't sound so weak now, does it?  :D  Cheers

White 6SPD 1994 GTS-76
618whp pump gas 18-19lbs
808whp race gas 30-31lbs

Sorry.  Not a supra expert.  I was just told he dynoed 940hp on race gas and over 600 on pump.  I saw him make that run at firebird so I just listed the one of two runs I saw him make.  I know it was on a stock short block.  I read a article once that said 29psi was a ticking time bomb on a stock short block.  I expected it to blow at any time, but who knows.  Some times you get lucky and some times you don't.

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2004, 10:14:54 AM »
I didn't know dennis made a 400 tranny for supra's. TMH-400
 :lmao:

Offline SleeperSupra

• Rider
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2004, 10:18:24 AM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno

Awh, a lot of your story is missing my friend. Let me help. First off, he did 934rwhp on race gas, N20 froze his FMIC on the 33psi. With a stock short block and a 2.75" downpipe. I take it you know these things because your from his area. His race time is fast, your right. Considering his is a 6 speed and not an automatic

White 6SPD 1994 GTS-76
618whp pump gas 18-19lbs
808whp race gas 30-31lbs

Wrong!! Dana's car is an automatic, running a TMH-400
Where'd you get your facts? :roll:  :roll:

He's not talking about Dana's car.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2004, 11:07:04 AM »
Danno- You said 900 hp, I said something short of 1000 hp, it's a semantics issue. I will defer to your experience here. :) I've never been able to get one of them to show up, and it's not for lack of trying.

I'll let the TMH-400/THM-400 thing go, since someone else already dogged you about it. ;)
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2004, 11:32:12 AM »
Mark- Thank you again. :)

The gas thing does come up. It's inescapable. About a year ago, I spent an obscene amount of time trying to set up a race with some guy in the Dalles, Oregon. He wanted me to ride all the way over there to spank him, because he couldn't travel to Portland because he's pretty much limited to a distance of one-half the distance he can go on a tank of racing gas. Apparently, the gas stations along the way don't sell racing gas. He wanted to control every single aspect of the race, constructing an obtuse set of circumstances where he might be able to squeek by for a few seconds. I offered a multitude of more realistic circumstances, but in the end, he found the phase of the moon not to his liking or something, and he made it clear that he wasn't going to show and that further communication was pointless.

Which brings me to the difference between a roll-on and a race. One is a deodorant, and the other has a starting line and a finish line. Swatting the throttle for 5 seconds is not a race. Starting from freeway speeds and then letting off before I'm topped out in 4th gear isn't a race. A starting line and a finish line that only the Supra driver can see is not a race.

We are now seeing a new slant in the Supra vs Hayabusa thing. They weren't getting it done by structuring a "race" to play to the limitations of a dyno queen, so it appears that there are some vehicles that have been constructed with an even narrower focus to play to the weakness of high-performance motorcycles in general- the fact that the acceleration of bikes like the Hayabusa is wheelie-limited up to a speed somewhere North of 100 mph due to the (relatively) short wheelbase and high center of gravity. So the cars sprout drag tires and Chevrolet transmissions. Now the car won't go around corners anymore, and the top speed is limited to 150 mph or whatever. But it stands a better chance of getting the jump on a stock Hayabusa, at least until the bike's front tire comes down.

A typical ride on a Hayabusa may involve acceleration consistent with 9-second quarter-miles, top speeds in the area of 200 mph, braking hard enough to stand the bike on the front wheel, taking corners at three times the posted recommended speed, AND traveling hundreds of miles at 40 mpg burning 87 octane pump unleaded from wherever's handy. And they are as reliable as an anvil. There's just not anything that you can do to a car that's going to give it a similar performance envelope, at any price point. And anyone can walk into a Suzuki dealer and buy a Hayabusa for ten grand.
-Kirk

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2004, 11:42:37 AM »
:oops: