Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anyone thinking of Buying a pocket bike??  (Read 6541 times)

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
Anyone thinking of Buying a pocket bike??
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2004, 01:39:21 AM »
Thats alot of cheese!!

Iam lucky I can afford one!! :wink:

Just My luck..The bigger nicer ones with a head/tail light will only be a little more????

:twisted:

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2004, 01:42:10 AM »
I hit Buy it now for Mine!!

But these people usually have more than one..Just Make sure they have it in there hands..They sometimes Use YOUR money to get it and make You wait!!

Be cautious..

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2004, 01:42:19 AM »
Quote from: E-RACER
Thats alot of cheese!!

Iam lucky I can afford one!! :wink:

Just My luck..The bigger nicer ones with a head/tail light will only be a little more????

:twisted:

nah, i'm pretty sure you would be BIDDING on the nicer one, not buying it at a set price.

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2004, 01:44:33 AM »
"Bidding has ended for this item. Another buyer purchased this item using Buy It Now. (ejquik is the winner)"
???

EDIT nevermind, you have to go to view his other items and then relocate it.  there is another for 10 less, but it looks dumb.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2004, 01:45:05 AM »
Sorry,I meant the guy buying 98 of them!!

Thats alot of cheese to fork out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be Nice??

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2004, 01:47:19 AM »
he just needs to supply his 97 other members of his new biker gang.

AND SAVE ONE FOR ME! DONT BUY HIM OUT!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 01:49:08 AM »
Thats Me..I'am EJQUIK!!!!

Check His other items He has another auction coming up..But He says He has 500 of them and only wants to do it threw ebay!!

I told Him He could save on their fees..But better yet threw ebaY..maybe some recourse if You get stiffed!!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 01:52:11 AM »
Yes..They all look kinda dumb!! :lol:

The one with the half fairing looks even Dumber!!

Can't expect Big styling for a few hundred bucks..Now can You??LOL!!

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 01:53:21 AM »
yeah, yeah...

but do you think he'll be sold out by friday?

because if so ill go buy one for 200 but with less power here

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2004, 01:57:42 AM »
Says He has 500 of them!!..Doubt they Be all gone!!

Look at the ones near You and then decide..Ive seen alot of them and this one looks pretty good for the Money..Well it least it could be!!

Tell Him I sent YA!! :wink:

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 02:00:36 AM »
i'll tell him all right!
he did say 500, but it looks like 100 have been sold right now on this very thread!

i'll go check them out, but here is the thing: they are being sold right out of the garage at the design college.  they aren't homemade or anything, but i am saying that they do have to make a profit somehow.  everyone is buying them, so i'll check one out sometime.

and how serious is it to wear the gear on something like this? at first i kind of thought it was a joke, until i saw 40+mph... i have a leather jacket, and a good pair of blue jeans would do it i think... because i've been plenty faster on a bicycle, which is also a lot higher off the ground.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 02:04:30 AM »
Well..There so small when You crash..Your Body takes the beating,,Not the bike!!

I would at least wear something to protect!!

I'am going to sleep Now Junior..Night/Night!!

Offline Xhiler8r

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 02:35:23 AM »
Na Eracer not all comming out of my pocket it went through the Hayabusa club in OZ and all together it added up to 98 of them I personally bought 4 keeping 2 and sold 2 (well Traded 2 for the exhaust system on my bike) but if I had a spare 25k i would definately buy a container full and sell them for double and make some money
Cheers   Now Boosted

Offline WayneE

• Mad Post Whore
  • Habitual linestepper
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 07:15:28 AM »
Quote from: suzuki4life
Wayne: wanna shoot some video of your Vette vs a Busa before it gets too cold? :D

How about in the spring?  :mrgreen:  

As it sits now, my car wouldn't have a chance against a stock Hayabusa.  Even with the tweaks I plan before winter, I don't think I'll make more than 600-625rwhp.  That's just not thick enough to play with the big bikes.

Offline Bad Southern Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 07:55:33 AM »
the wife and I got in a spat about this last night ..so I just got up early and ordered it !!

ha ha ..cant wait to get mine ! :wink:

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2004, 08:42:39 AM »
make your own, I think I have $100 in this.

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2004, 02:41:11 PM »
I'd rather pay the extra $100 for the lack of work and the sport look.
I think I've decided to get this one instead of the ones here at the college; they're probably only average, but I'll still check.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2004, 02:56:07 PM »
Yeah, but the Weed Whacker powerhead would certainly put the fear of God in the others !!!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2004, 03:59:51 PM »
Thats wacked!!..Looks like something I would of built when I was a kid!!!Do You have to lean to the right to off set the weight of the motor??

When I was about 8 I had a little old rupp mini bike..No brakes with a 7hp motor!!The motor hung off like a Big block chevy!!..stupid fast!!I Loved Big power real early in life!! :lol:

:shock:

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »
nope , the engine weighs nothing, its sitting on the kickstand in the pic! It has been over 40 MPH, pretty sick for 23cc's (as fast as it is I thought it was a 40 cc engine, but ECHO only makes engines with 20 cc's). I added the tube tires because it had solid ones that would jar the crap out of you, I use this mini at the track, to cruise around the pits. the worst part was making my own sprocket, I ground a 7 tooth out of steel, with an air grinder.

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »
are the originals sold out? i clicked more from that seller and all he has are the cheaper ones... ? anyone know?

i found this too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47352&item=7107377417&rd=1
240, kind of more than i wanted to spend, but it looks better.
I CANT DECIDE!!!!
but if someone can show me how to get the original ones, then yeah.

EDIT shocks on the one i just posted?

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2004, 05:35:23 PM »
They must be defective Cags.  

www.pocketbikeplanet.com  to learn about the Chinese knockoffs.

Trust me... even at $100... you'd best become used to working on them...frequently....lol
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2004, 06:09:07 PM »
what do you mean by that?  and were you referring to the one i posted, or the original?
also, i sent the guy selling the one i posted a message... how would i check for a response, by email or ebay?

Offline aaaaaaa

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2004, 07:38:12 PM »
and I'm also hearing about some pocket bikes on ebay being cheapies, rip-offs, etc... what can I do to verify?  I guess I'll be hearing from those who bought them soon.

----EDIT----
AND ONE MORE THING, very important: EBAY says 115 shipping at the top, but the seller description says 99 shipping... bike @109, that SHOULD BE 208, not 224!
What's the deal?

----EDIT AGAIN----
I can get the orange one for 225... the original one has a top speed of '40+' but the orange one says 'up to 40'... do you think either is accurate/better?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47352&item=7107377417&rd=1

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2004, 12:14:02 AM »
Yes there cheap ass knock offs!!..Pretty much everyone I've seen was cheaply built!!even the high priced ones,My buddie has a cheap cheap one with the half fairing like Wayne's and He beat the shit out of it for years and never had a problem with it..I'am getting one for My son,He's way to yound to ride it yet..But Iam going to TRY to do something to make it run at little over a idle for Him at first..So It wont get much use from Him and other than maybe a pit bike for Me at the track..

And AZ the link You posted to Me looks pretty much like the same bike just a different color?as for it being a scam??Maybe??I got it threw ebaY so hopefully something can be done if it is??

And again for them being Cheapies/rips offs ect??You usually get what You pay for in life..as long as I do get it,,if it breaks I probably can fix anything that goes wrong with it..If it happens alot??I'll get rid of it!!Its only a few hundred bucks..If it matters that much to You? You don't want to get into the Motorcyce game!!I have a ton of Money into My bike.. But If You love it and can afford to Buy/invest money into something..Go for it!!You can't take it with You!

Also I did see that part where it says $99 shipping..I'll have to ask Him and See what He says about that..He said He has 500 of them..Iam sure He has more or is bullshitting about how many He has??Email Him and He'll get back To You!!I went back and forth emailing Him,He even sent Me some other pics of the different colors..

By the looks of it I'll be the first one to get/or Not get one?? if its a scam?Why when I offered to Buy them off ebay He said He preffered to do it threw ebay?You would think He would be scamming easier not threw ebay??..If indeed it is?? I have some people not to far from Him and could maybe pay Him a nice visit!! :twisted:  :twisted: