Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: welded clutch mod  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Vrace

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« on: August 23, 2004, 05:05:24 AM »
I have a busa with cable clutch and  welded clutch mod.I can't make over one pass because my clutch sliping. Any suggestions?  (i use harder clutch springs)

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
welded clutch mod
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 07:10:20 AM »
I have welded mod and scnitz springs -- hasn't slepped in the last 8 mos and has about 200 passes on clutches with 7K miles...???

PS -- i do not have the cable clutch...

Offline Vrace

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 05:52:12 AM »
I use the FBG clutch fibers and i have stifer clutch springs. After 1-2 passes the bikes sliping a lot.
Maybe the problem is from the fibers.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
welded clutch mod
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 07:27:52 AM »
Quote from: Vrace
I use the FBG clutch fibers and i have stifer clutch springs. After 1-2 passes the bikes sliping a lot.
Maybe the problem is from the fibers.

Use the stock fibers/steels.  Mine are 2 years old..

Offline Vrace

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 04:44:23 AM »
I try a lot different clutch springs and i find a good combination with the stock fibers.
But after two passes i burn the clutch fibers. i start about 7000rpms.
Any suggestions?

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
welded clutch mod
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 05:50:41 AM »
Quote from: Vrace
I try a lot different clutch springs and i find a good combination with the stock fibers.
But after two passes i burn the clutch fibers. i start about 7000rpms.
Any suggestions?

Maybye you are "slipping" to much.
What are your times?
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
welded clutch mod
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 10:38:56 AM »
The adjustment or stack height is wrong.

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline Vrace

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 06:32:10 AM »
THANKS

Offline quickcarl

• Rider
why no 200 mph????
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 07:01:20 PM »
I have been reading posts on various forums of guys with Busas having to spray them or do mods or power adders to get to 200mph. I thought this bike was 200mph capable in unrestricted but still bone stock form. I just bought the baddest bike and there are doubts in my head as to whether it is actually as bad as I once thought. What gives??
you might lose me in the turns, but I make you pay in the straightaway !!!

Offline Rodomontade

• Post Whore
  • Trying But Failing
Re: why no 200 mph????
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 12:45:28 AM »
Quote from: quickcarl
I have been reading posts on various forums of guys with Busas having to spray them or do mods or power adders to get to 200mph. I thought this bike was 200mph capable in unrestricted but still bone stock form. I just bought the baddest bike and there are doubts in my head as to whether it is actually as bad as I once thought. What gives??

The last few MPH can cost a fortune  :wink:
I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline Bayou Busa

• Post Master
welded clutch mod
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 08:46:34 AM »
I have an 03 and the first clutch mod I tried was adding heavy duty springs...After taking it to the track, I could barely break 9s because of the sudden disengagement while slipping the clutch...I then added an MRE one piece billet hub and their heavy duty springs and went back to the track...On launch it started chattering like a son of a gun...It was almost like I would spin then hookup, spin then hook up...

I pulled the hub and heavy duty springs out and went back to stock and the bike has been as smooth as silk...

Perhaps I needed the cushion mod as well but the springs and one piece billet hub ran like shit...

Right now, I sticking with the 03 stock setup... :wink:

BTY, if someone wants an MRE one piece hub and heavy duty springs, I could ship them to you for a "C" note...I paid 2 "C" notes for them and they only have about 15 miles of runtime, one test run after installing the parts and 4 passes at the track... :lol:
  "All Motor"

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
welded clutch mod
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 09:53:19 AM »
Quote from: DaveO
The adjustment or stack height is wrong.

Dave

Min. 1.98 steels and fibers
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 09:57:12 AM »

Go by a ZX12R then...

Offline quickcarl

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 11:58:06 PM »
Quote from: gnd111

Go by a ZX12R then...

I think NOT !!! It is still the baddest and sexiest.

Offline quickcarl

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 11:59:40 PM »
I like to do all my own work on all my toys. How do I obtain a service manual so that when i decide to do my clutch, I will know what I am doing? Any info is appreciated.

Offline 1fasjoker

• Rider
welded clutch mod
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 06:40:43 AM »
I like to do all my own work on all my toys. How do I obtain a service manual so that when i decide to do my clutch, I will know what I am doing? Any info is appreciated.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                repairmanual.com    mine was about $68 and some change.  great book though,  tells how to take the whole bike apart and put it back together again including the engine.  There are about 3 or 4 different brands of repair manuals.  I went with the factory OEM manual.