Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: NOS dry system Problem  (Read 3470 times)

Offline nosbusa2002

• Post Whore
NOS dry system Problem
« on: October 09, 2004, 06:53:31 PM »
I started kinda a shop working on bikes. It orgionally was just polishing bikes then doing NOS refills then you can figure out the rest....

To the point, I have a guy who brought me a Honda 954 (2002). It has just a slip on and a PRIIII. know I know, But there is such a welth of knowlege here, I figured you guys could help.

He bought a dry kit from Schintz Racing with #34 jet. I installed it like the instructions say. Its the same as most systems are. You hit the horn to trigger the NOS when the switch is turned on (NO WFO switch). Anyway he says that the bike hesitates when he is spraying it. I checked the system with bike off (not running) there no sign of it not working right. When you spray it (the nozzle sprays perfect)in the open air it seems to spray just fine. the only other thing that has change from the way he runs it with out spray is the fact we raised all the bars on the PRIIIIs all the way up for extra fuel. Could this be too much? There something else I need to look at?

We where going to take it to the dyno but cant get it to make a clean run or even just a run with out any hesitation.

Thanks in advance for all the help.....
2002 SE with MR Turbo setup PRIIIr extended swingarm 6" lowered with Diamond tripple tree and 3 hole bogbones 6"Extended tail section by Air tech polished frame and swing arm by ME. Airshifter with auto shift box also by ME.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
NOS dry system Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 07:01:06 PM »
if you are not on a dyno you could end up melting a motor.
turbo and NOS  a dyno with sniffer is a must PERIOD
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

GoldenChild

rich bitch
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 07:55:30 PM »
That means it's spraying more fuel than nitrous making it way rich but the best way to get it right is to:go to a dyno do a run with no spray to get a baseline a/f ratio,then with buttons in same positon as spraying and get the a/f ratio again,then go back and use that to get the combination right of a/f and use a little less bars on the 3r and when you get it right believe me you will know it.

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
Re: rich bitch
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 03:10:11 PM »
Quote from: GoldenChild
That means it's spraying more fuel than nitrous making it way rich but the best way to get it right is to:go to a dyno do a run with no spray to get a baseline a/f ratio,then with buttons in same positon as spraying and get the a/f ratio again,then go back and use that to get the combination right of a/f and use a little less bars on the 3r and when you get it right believe me you will know it.

It also can mean that it is spraying more nitrous than fuel.
Definitely use a dyno.

Offline nosbusa2002

• Post Whore
NOS dry system Problem
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:42:17 PM »
planning to to the dyno on Monday thanks again for the help
2002 SE with MR Turbo setup PRIIIr extended swingarm 6" lowered with Diamond tripple tree and 3 hole bogbones 6"Extended tail section by Air tech polished frame and swing arm by ME. Airshifter with auto shift box also by ME.

Offline Blacky

• Rider
NOS dry system Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 08:30:12 PM »
DID THE DYNO GO GOOD IS IT WORK :lol: