Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Look at this Sh*# and stay away from this seller....  (Read 10318 times)

Offline jrrendon

• Post Whore
Look at this Sh*# and stay away from this seller....
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2004, 08:12:56 AM »
SpeedKing, if this came from Ed traylor from Huntsville Alabama PM me.
Come big or do not come at all.

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 09:07:51 AM »

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 09:22:49 AM »
BBB, please remove the first 2 links you have posted they have NOTHING to do with the bike I have, it is not the same person or the same bike..

Thanks...

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 10:34:14 AM »
Quote from: SUTPHEN77
it looks like there is 50000 miles on it :evil:

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY 50K BIKE.

My bike has 50k and doesnt look anything like that at all. And Ive ridden it hard every time I got  on it.

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 11:05:22 AM »
damn dude.. i thought my shit was rough!

Offline ZX12richard

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 11:19:32 AM »
Quote from: NICKSLICK
Quote from: SUTPHEN77
it looks like there is 50000 miles on it :evil:

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY 50K BIKE.

My bike has 50k and doesnt look anything like that at all. And Ive ridden it hard every time I got  on it.

Shit I thought I had alot of miles at 30,000..
Two bottles no waiting...

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 12:06:35 PM »
'I've noticed that Traylor hasn't posted much since you bought that bike from him.

Hmmm...I think I was there the day you removed that motor from the frame.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 12:35:45 PM »
John, it seems to me that you might have a justifiable legal case against Mr. Ed.

Sorry to hear about this.

As Danno mentioned, I haven't seen Mr. Ed here since about the time you bought that bike.

Almost like he was aware of the bikes condition, and didn't want to be around to face the music.  :wink:

Good luck.

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 12:55:44 PM »
GIVES HONEST PEOPLE DOING BUSINESS ON THE NET A BAD RAP..FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM EVERYONE DOING BUSINESS W/SPEED KING OVER THE NET HE IS A STAIGHT UP GUY & DELIVERS AS PROMISED.....
  THAT IS FUCKED UP.

Offline mike45

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 02:30:31 PM »
I hope at least the rods are OK- or are the bearing backs rusted to the big ends?? Sorry about your misfortune.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2004, 04:16:40 PM »
Quote from: FASBUS
GIVES HONEST PEOPLE DOING BUSINESS ON THE NET A BAD RAP..FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM EVERYONE DOING BUSINESS W/SPEED KING OVER THE NET HE IS A STAIGHT UP GUY & DELIVERS AS PROMISED.....
  THAT IS FUCKED UP.

I'll second that, he got to me what he promised and then some.  I would trust him in a heart beat.

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 05:29:16 PM »
Is that not the same  bike that blew on the dyno last year in Daytona? It was milky just like that.The day it blew on the dyno if this is Ed,s old bike your talkin about.You didnt know that it Blew before you bought it ????Or where you told it was fixed or somthing????The last time I talked to Ed he had said it had a head gasket and a stud broke and he was just gonna sell it rather than screw with it cause he was getting into cars or somthing.

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2004, 06:36:53 PM »
SK.... I hope you get that shit sorted out.   That totally sucks.    When he posted that bike for sale, it read like the steal of the century.

So much for his mechanical "depth" of turbocharged vehicles....lol
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

SuperDave

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2004, 07:15:29 PM »
Hey,

We go to salvage yards and get motors to replace the one's our customers run out of coolant/oil and blow up.  (You would not believe how many folks do that :shock:)

If the breather shows signs like what you see in these pics of that type liquid, you can bet yer ass the motor is junk.

That is the color of death.  Not of a "Pristine" unit.  Someone was misrepresenting the Truth, IMO.  AND that is putting it politely.  

:evil:

SD

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2004, 07:46:45 PM »
John;
Send me that crank and lets see if it really is junk.

Jay

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2004, 08:39:46 PM »
if it popped a stud you must have known it popped the head gasket. did you or ed leave it sit for that long without opening it up.
let me say i am not taking sides, just looking for the info
that is a big bummer. i remember when the bike was sold to you and i thought you were a lucky bastard to get it. sorry doesn't make it better. hope you can salvage something. mike
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2004, 08:55:43 PM »
Quote from: buzard
if it popped a stud you must have known it popped the head gasket. did you or ed leave it sit for that long without opening it up.
let me say i am not taking sides, just looking for the info
that is a big bummer. i remember when the bike was sold to you and i thought you were a lucky bastard to get it. sorry doesn't make it better. hope you can salvage something. mike

The day the bike came to me I unloaded it from the truck and when I went to unload the engine (since it was out because Ed was rebuilding it) the Brown/Red muck came out of the oil pan return fitting, I was leaving the next day to go on a trip so I took it apart the same say just so the damage would not get any worse..

When I confronted ED TRAYLOR about it he said "I drained" the water out of the lower end it should be fine...what I found was the mess you see in the pictures..I spoke with several members here on the board and mentioned about what happened, I asked them not to say anything until ED TRAYLOR sent me the rest of the parts and I had time to itemize the damages..

All I can hope for is that something he loves gets fucked up or he gets screwed for a few thousand dollars like I did.

Ed said well you got it for a "steal" you can afford to fix it and he denied the pistons,block,output shaft etc were damaged...

J

SuperDave

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2004, 09:00:23 PM »
If John sez this guy is bad news, then he is bad news.  That is all.

:evil:  :evil:

Ed is not the person to buy stuff from.........because his stuff is JUNK!!!!!  

:!:  :!:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2004, 09:09:16 PM »
Lawyers cost money and in most cases it is like throwing good money after bad...

I have a case and could win however at what Financial, emotional, and physical costs..?

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004, 09:45:35 PM »
Theres no doubt with the pic,s that you have a mess there :shock: And im not takin any sides But I will say I met Ed in Daytona along with others at the dyno shootout and when she came apart and I know he did belive it was just a head gasket.And he seemed like a real straight forward guy.Im real suprised to hear of this.But pic,s are worth a thousand words.Im sure from the sounds of your post you have already tried to get with him to handle this situation.But you might try to get with him again if you havent.I know you have a great reputation and belive what your saying but this dont sound like the Ed I met in Daytona.He really didnt strike me as sombody who would screw sombody over for the little bit of money your talkin about.Hell before he came down there he bought a spare brand new Busa to ride just in case this one blew up.He didnt seem real concerend with money matters.Maybe if you two get together he can make it right?Who knows.I really dont know him very well.But what I did know of him he was an alright guy that would do anything for anyone I wish the best for ya in resolving this issue.

suzuki4life

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2004, 01:17:53 PM »
John if you actually feel the crank etc is junk because of rust I'll happily take it off your hands.

As for others who have read posts (no I don't feel like digging them up) but a few you you had the great atta boys for mister trailer trash, as I have called him all along. Remember there's always more to the stories than what you read here. Allot of guys projected as villians help our communities in unconcievable ways. Other who since to be the best of guys are merely lurkign for their chance to screw another board member over.

John I am really sorry about your loss BUT i am glad it happened to you. With your resources, connections and friends you'll quickly overcome this. This won't put you out of the sport like it could had to MANY of this board's members. If i can help in any way John feel free to contact me.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2004, 01:36:13 PM »
Quote from: suzuki4life
John if you actually feel the crank etc is junk because of rust I'll happily take it off your hands.

As for others who have read posts (no I don't feel like digging them up) but a few you you had the great atta boys for mister trailer trash, as I have called him all along. Remember there's always more to the stories than what you read here. Allot of guys projected as villians help our communities in unconcievable ways. Other who since to be the best of guys are merely lurkign for their chance to screw another board member over.

John I am really sorry about your loss BUT i am glad it happened to you. With your resources, connections and friends you'll quickly overcome this. This won't put you out of the sport like it could had to MANY of this board's members. If i can help in any way John feel free to contact me.

So because I have a little more money than some others this mess should happen to me..?  WTF?

With your way of thinking I hope you have more money than me so you can get screwed for a few thousand dollars on a deal also..

Want the crank, post your best offer for a rusted journal, twisted splined, Busa crank..

Also since you are glad this happened to me how about buying the wasted HD output shaft, scored 84mm Busa Turbo pistons and the 84 mm Busa block that is damaged also...if the price is right I will toss in some wasted side plastics too... :roll:

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2004, 02:48:04 PM »
any of that crud get sent thru the turbo or did he shut it down before it got there also. any chance you could post pics of the bike you recieved and turbo system. i guess we all know the motor is pretty bad. what about the rest of the bike. didn't it make over 500hp?
you know as well as all of us do that when a motor goes poof there is no way to tell the extent of the damage until you open it up. if ed didn't have it opened, how would he know the extent of the damage? what was it 13,000 for a 500hp bike........hhhmmmm. if you buy a diamond for $10 dollars. well, you have a $10 diamond. it sounded like to good of a deal to me, but if i would have had the chance, i think i would have bought it.
again, it still sucks. broke ass or rich. thank goodness for all the guys on the board who sell used good parts for a fair price to repair the stuff sold  here by not so upfront guys. (few and far between, thank god)
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline ZX12richard

• Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2004, 03:37:24 PM »
I'm thinking he meant with your connections(like pistons alone you'll save a bundle compared to the normal guy) for parts and friends it becomes a little more affordable than a normal guy with no connections or resources paying retail..... Thats what I'm assuming he meant...

If something like this happend to me would take quite sometime to overcome it...

This shouldn't happen to nobody I would have a piece of him in court or a piece of his ass outside it...
Two bottles no waiting...

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2004, 04:03:49 PM »
Quote from: buzard
any of that crud get sent thru the turbo or did he shut it down before it got there also. any chance you could post pics of the bike you recieved and turbo system. i guess we all know the motor is pretty bad. what about the rest of the bike. didn't it make over 500hp?
you know as well as all of us do that when a motor goes poof there is no way to tell the extent of the damage until you open it up. if ed didn't have it opened, how would he know the extent of the damage? what was it 13,000 for a 500hp bike........hhhmmmm. if you buy a diamond for $10 dollars. well, you have a $10 diamond. it sounded like to good of a deal to me, but if i would have had the chance, i think i would have bought it.
again, it still sucks. broke ass or rich. thank goodness for all the guys on the board who sell used good parts for a fair price to repair the stuff sold  here by not so upfront guys. (few and far between, thank god)

When the bike came to me the engine was out of the bike (after all he was in the process of rebuilding it and mentioned that when he was "reassembling" the bike he broke the stud) I took it home and unloaded it..I saw that the engine leaking crud from the oil pan...I took the lower end off ASAP as I had to leave the next day on a trip.

Remember that the bike sat for months with the lower end full of water. and oil...

As I took a good look at the bike and parts I realised that the bike was not as the seller said, damaged bodywork (he did say the tail section was chewed up from a few trips to the dragstrip) the wiring looked like a five year old did it, some wires were just cut to remove from the engine when he took the engine out of the bike..

ED TRAYLOR shipped the complete turbo ststem in a large thin cardboard box with the modded radiator in the same box :roll:   When it was received it was leaking the foam peanuts all over the shipping department and when I opened it the rest of the way I found the radiator at the BOTTOM of the box and it was damaged beyond repair, ED did have one sent to me after a great deal of time, when I had finally received the last part from ED that he owed me I then explained what I found and he denied it all...he did however admit that he had not worked on the engine other than to start taking it apart..

When the turbo system arrived I noticed immediatley that the header was cracked all the way around and that the dump pipe was ground down flat on the end like the bike had gone down at low speed, when asked about the ground area ED stated that was from the bike scraping in turns..when I asked about the cracked Header all he could say was I am sure Barry will fix it for you..

Yes Barry did replace the broken and damaged parts however I had to send him the complete turbo system at a shipping expense of 175.00 round trip, Barry did the work for me as part of my sponsorship and also as a warranty issue for his merchandise.

Remember that the lower mounting tabs on the side cowlings were broken off so I could not use the side cowlings other than hacking them off in the middle..the tank and upper fairing were in good used condition.  The front fender was in "ok" condition as the previous owner "ED" mounted the rear tabs "behind the fork mounts.

Rear tire was blistered (it was a race take-off) so no street duty for that tire..and yes I have pictures of that also...

At the end of the day what looked like a good deal became a nightmare, I had to supply at my cost replacement parts (crank, rods, output shaft, pistons, cylinder etc)..for an engine that as stated "ONLY NEEDS A  STUD REPLACED"

ED is a piece of work and that is that!

No one deserves to be cheated...I would never do this to anyone and I did not expect it to happen to me..

Suzuki4life if you want to donate (since you have more than me) here is my paypal addy..quickturbo@aol.com... 8)